Les Snead explains why Rams prioritized Leonard Floyd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
And what if AD gets hurt? What did Floyd do vs GB? Completely invisible.

Players talent and value should be evaluated in a vacuum. If AD goes down you think we can rely on Floyd to carry our pass rush? Absolutely not.

If AD gets hurt it's the end of the world for the Rams anyway. No point in planning for that scenario.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Just remember how good he plays the run - that doesnt always show on the stat sheet. It's also 4 years so a chance to develop real consistency vs a new guy having to come in every year and learn the scheme again.

The other takeaway for me, with Fox (probably) and Ebukam (definitely) departing - they must really like the front 7 depth. Let's see what Terell Fucking Lewis can do when healthy and with a full offseason.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
If AD gets hurt it's the end of the world for the Rams anyway. No point in planning for that scenario.

Exactly. Like every other team and their franchise QB. Lose Donald and its game over.

Shuie3225

Starter

the rams are screwed.

Thats not the right way to look at it guys. If you need an all time great player next to you to be successful, you're not worth $16M per year. Sorry. Making that much money means he should dominate regardless of whether AD is on the field or not.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need to fill the deep threat gap in the offense. Do we have a better option without much to spend? If so, I'd be equally in favor of whoever that guy is.
apparently the Donnie Avery superman photoshop didn't give away that I was joking...

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
sometimes NOT understanding the salary cap

works for me

tenor.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He had 7 of his 10.5 sacks in 3 games which means he didn't record a sack in nine games. Floyd was nice but @GB when AD wasn't himself Floyd was invisible. I'm glad we got him back but at face value this is a lot of money.
You're right but i think that says a lot more about who AD is rather than who Floyd is.

JMO

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm afraid of what the answer may be... but there's still hope at this point.

I'm not that worried about it, Corbett could start and a draftee like Meinerz could come in and start at RG, then perhaps swap roles for 2022 or just remain where they are. Plenty of options, although it would be nice to have a clue. jmo.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
And what if AD gets hurt?
Mostly fucked. But...
My advice would be to have a gameplan contingency in the back pocket for no AD. Clearly Staley didn't have one because to my eyes he changed nothing vs Green Bay and took nothing away from their offense.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Leonard Floyd 19th in NFL QB hits, 17th in tackles for loss, 9th in sacks.
Compare those stats to the other Edge and D Ends that signed deals this year.
Don't think they will compare favorably. JMO

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Idk people are acting like he dominated in Chicago for 4 years before coming to LA. People remember he was considered a bust right? Until coming to LA, playing for Staley and lining up next to maybe the best defensive player ever. A guy who commands double and triple teams on every play. And Floyd still only had 10.5 sacks. Sorry but $16M for this guy means the Rams have not learned their lesson with bad contracts given out. Put him on any other team without AD and watch his performance fall off a cliff. There were games he was completely invisible while getting non stop 1-on-1s.

But we’re not putting him on any other team without AD. We’re putting him on our team with AD, so....

baconandbread

Let's get the Karty party starty
In our system, he's a complete player and better than anyone else we've had in his position. I'm not using my money, so I say pay the man!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're right but i think that says a lot more about who AD is rather than who Floyd is.

JMO
Which also says you don't really need to pay a guy top 10-12 money as an edge rusher behind him. We're paying him franchise tag numbers. Who a week ago would have been happy with that thought?