Kupp's physical progression in OTAs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Not top defenders....not scouted to be contained....
He had a great year for a rookie....

He's not a player I'd consider a serious threat...I believe he's easily contained...relying on him in a playoff game is foolish...like throwing him game winning/deciding passes...and the number of 3rd down targets is asinine...

It's like/comparing..... Atl is using Julio on 3rd down...

we're looking at Kupp and Higbee...

big difference IMO...
If he is open - throw it to him like the Seattle and Tennessee game

One inch closer to Kupp and he catches it

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Here we go again with the CLOWN baiting posts.
Not that I take offense....but clown....because my opinion is different, I'm a clown?

You love Kupps game....I see flaws.....I'm looking around at the targets landscape....and I don't think teams are looking for slow slot wr's that drop the rock in the clutch...

The Atlanta game showed some flaws in the assessment that he can truly get open vs press coverage...the defense the Falcons played 90% of the time against us...

Again....I'm not just happy for the Rams to be a decent team...I'd like to win some post season games as well...I figure most of you guys are so beaten back with losing, any success is just great...sorta like the starving man when given a ritz cracker...probably tastes like steak...but..nope...it's just a cracker. Don't get that analogy...check out Eddie Murphy's "Raw"...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If he is open - throw it to him like the Seattle and Tennessee game

One inch closer to Kupp and he catches it
Real football talk here

If the ball touches your hands....you gotta catch it

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Nitpicking yet again I see.
I like the words critiquing...being able to critically think about a player...his accomplishments...and his future prospects....

You liked his season...so did I....

I didn't agree with his usage as I see a limited player...but for some reason he's playing a role like Julio, AB, AJ Green...and it cost us some games.

His Atl. game is how most teams will play him in the future....man to man...pressed up...catching 4 yard passes.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
In case you guys haven't seen CHAMP lately....
I am a solitary type....
I like Champ too. I still think he's wrong most of the time but I still like him.
Oh yeah? Wrong most of the time.....I wish I could make a list...
I guess his TD against the Falcons doesn't count:)
Back to football
Lets discuss the play....I've watched it a bunch...it was our ONLY TD in the game...at home...from a team that averaged 30....

It was a typical rub route...pick play...many defenders call it illegal...it was a beautiful play design...and call....but....
BUT
it illustrates a point I'm trying to make....He was UNABLE TO GET OPEN ON HIS OWN....HE REQUIRED A WR TO PICK HIS MAN TO GAIN SEPERATION....IT'S WHY THIS TOPIC, KUPP'S PHYSICAL PROGRESSION INTERESTED ME...AND CAUSED ME TO RESPOND WITH MY OPINIONS...SHOCKING AS THEY MAY BE FOR SOME....IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY AT SOME GAMES, HE WAS OPEN...WIDE OPEN....AND FOR SOME REASON...VS THE FALCONS...HE WASN'T WIDE OPEN...IN FACT, HE FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO COMPLETE PASS OF > 8 YARDS....WAS IT SPEED? probably...did he have trouble with press coverage from Trufant...or the speed of Alford that contained him? 13 targets...8 catches....69 yards....you don't see the problem? Sorry if I do...and while I like both of these players...I don't consider them some of the best in the league....Yet they had great success...we scored 3 points in the second half...think about that...take off the rose colored glasses for a moment and try to see, what the hell did the Falcons do so well against us? It wasn't a fluke...it was something...and Kupp...and Goff...had some problems in that game.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Danny A., the concussion machine? If we had kept him, dude would died on the field.

A player like Danny...that leaves it all on the field...you have to protect him from himself...stop sending him over the middle...

Don't lead him into hits...

For him to be so injury prone, he sure has had quite a career.....

Danny A...is clutch....I miss his game...and....he's a more consistent player than any wr not named Woods on our roster.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A player like Danny...that leaves it all on the field...you have to protect him from himself...stop sending him over the middle...

Don't lead him into hits...

For him to be so injury prone, he sure has had quite a career.....

Danny A...is clutch....I miss his game...and....he's a more consistent player than any wr not named Woods on our roster.
You can't eliminate conditions, which he would have had to play through the rest of Spags and Fisher. He never would have survived under Jeff Fisher, imo..no blue font.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
but for some reason he's playing a role like Julio, AB, AJ Green...and it cost us some games.
Wait. Whut? Come on man. This is just idiocy. What exactly are you suggesting now? That the team would be better off not targeting him? That he would be a better player for us in the future if we threw away from him? That he can't improve? That he didn't play well enough for a rookie and would have been better coming off the bench on only 1st and 2nd down?

Yeah - the guy is trash and can't get better because of something you think you saw that really wasn't the case. And that rub play for a TD? In that short of a field, yes, even Julio gets that kind of help. It's the thing you do. Y'know.... the idea is to score TDs - not see if your rookie WR can get open all by himself. He had 8 freaking catches and averaged 8.6. Clearly your narrative is foolish.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's not a player I'd consider a serious threat...I believe he's easily contained...relying on him in a playoff game is foolish...like throwing him game winning/deciding passes...and the number of 3rd down targets is asinine...

Goff went to him versus the Seahawks because he was the guy who got open. So that situation, for the game winner, was smart by Goff it just wasn't a good enough throw.

nighttrain

Legend
Throw by Goff not a good one, definitely to high and hot for situation, Kupp extended and up in air, ball bounced off his fingers for Christ's Sake
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Throw by Goff not a good one, definitely to high and hot for situation, Kupp extended and up in air, ball bounced off his fingers for Christ's Sake
train

He went right back to him on the next play, so I think he is confident in Kupp.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait. Whut? Come on man. This is just idiocy. What exactly are you suggesting now? That the team would be better off not targeting him? That he would be a better player for us in the future if we threw away from him? That he can't improve? That he didn't play well enough for a rookie and would have been better coming off the bench on only 1st and 2nd down?

Yeah - the guy is trash and can't get better because of something you think you saw that really wasn't the case. And that rub play for a TD? In that short of a field, yes, even Julio gets that kind of help. It's the thing you do. Y'know.... the idea is to score TDs - not see if your rookie WR can get open all by himself. He had 8 freaking catches and averaged 8.6. Clearly your narrative is foolish.
Don't mind him, he's stressed from trying to prove the Earth is flat.

dang

Legend
For a rookie in his first playoff game? You're hilarious. Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.
He can’t. He loves baiting too much. The sad part is many of LACHAMPs posts are in depth and thought provoking but then he gets bored and attacks in an attempt to bait.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I am a solitary type....

Oh yeah? Wrong most of the time.....I wish I could make a list...
Back to football
Lets discuss the play....I've watched it a bunch...it was our ONLY TD in the game...at home...from a team that averaged 30....

It was a typical rub route...pick play...many defenders call it illegal...it was a beautiful play design...and call....but....
BUT
it illustrates a point I'm trying to make....He was UNABLE TO GET OPEN ON HIS OWN....HE REQUIRED A WR TO PICK HIS MAN TO GAIN SEPERATION....IT'S WHY THIS TOPIC, KUPP'S PHYSICAL PROGRESSION INTERESTED ME...AND CAUSED ME TO RESPOND WITH MY OPINIONS...SHOCKING AS THEY MAY BE FOR SOME....IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY AT SOME GAMES, HE WAS OPEN...WIDE OPEN....AND FOR SOME REASON...VS THE FALCONS...HE WASN'T WIDE OPEN...IN FACT, HE FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO COMPLETE PASS OF > 8 YARDS....WAS IT SPEED? probably...did he have trouble with press coverage from Trufant...or the speed of Alford that contained him? 13 targets...8 catches....69 yards....you don't see the problem? Sorry if I do...and while I like both of these players...I don't consider them some of the best in the league....Yet they had great success...we scored 3 points in the second half...think about that...take off the rose colored glasses for a moment and try to see, what the hell did the Falcons do so well against us? It wasn't a fluke...it was something...and Kupp...and Goff...had some problems in that game.

Oh Champ, now had you just let that video roll a little longer...erh, even Collingsworth noted Woods clearly backed off the pick because Kupp clearly beat his Man off the line

The pick wasnt executed

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on guys .. give champ a break he is still bitter that the rams finally recognised talent .. why ya think grob and his boy quick are no longer here

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All Cooper Kupp has to do to become a Ram legend in 2018 is to catch that pass by Goff he dropped in the endzone vs hawks

What is the debate here again???

If he catches this pass he's the best homegrown WR since Holt

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s5KkYJ4ZrV0

yeah he should have got that one. if they're in the same position again this year they will make the play. goff could have placed the ball better but his eyes must have lit up when he saw kupp come free and he slung it in there when it wasn't necessary. 100% that will be a td from now on.

what i find amusing about that play is some people thought he should have gone to sammy. sherman was close enough to being on his hip pocket. he only slowed down when he saw goff throwing kupp's way. he lives off those situations, baiting the qb to throw his way. if the ball went to sammy it would have ended up in sherman's hands.

edit - when i looked at it again, maybe not. goff was just like a rookie himself. he only had eyes for kupp and for good reason, he was wide open.

Ants

Starter
train

If you watch the video shown a few posts up, you can see that it was actually a pretty good throw. I think it got on top of Kupp a little sooner than he expected. Nevertheless, LAChamp is wrong again...as usual. :banghead: