Kupp's physical progression in OTAs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ausmurp

Starter
I'm extra excited about Coop Kupp this yr. Coming from a much smaller school, he physically was not catered to, the way big schools like Ohio State, LSU, etc. Have the ability to do for players. These kids are basically kept on extreme diets and training and their bodies are more prepared for the NFL. Kupp not having that luxury and still showed as good as he did means he will be bigger, stronger, and yes FASTER this season. His physical ability should be leaps and bounds ahead of where he was last yr. Has anyone attending OTAs noticed this?

Ants

Starter
That may be true, but I'm thinking his MENTAL game will be that much better this season - I think that's just as important, maybe more important.
Either way, he should be more prepared this season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No way....dude is older, more mature than some 2 year vets....he may get a lil stronger...from being a pro...but that's what he is...and it's good enough.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No way....dude is older, more mature than some 2 year vets....he may get a lil stronger...from being a pro...but that's what he is...and it's good enough.
Don't be a hater, Champ....My stop watch says he's much faster!

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Kupp is going to be the drive-extender this year. Converting enough third downs to choke a horse. (n)

I am looking forward to all these young guys growing together this year. Kupp, when his Hall of Fame video is compiled, will have a ton of his signature awkward-athletic-amazing plays that we love so much.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
That may be true, but I'm thinking his MENTAL game will be that much better this season - I think that's just as important, maybe more important.
Either way, he should be more prepared this season.

He certainly needs the mental aspect, dropped too many drive killing (and might I add the one game-winning) passes.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
SSAFAXIJKVBGZCKPL5JNXAZF64.jpg

giphy.gif

657c57_5a40b8aea4104ffea90f560a5f0d1c46~mv2.png_srz_310_550_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

EP-301069822.jpg&updated=201801070010&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

0ap3000000807976_video_cp.jpg

450s44170812041_Cowboys_at_Rams-e1508469365738.jpg

source.gif

DXKy0tyWkAEMJ4V.jpg

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Kupp will be better in ‘18. I mean, what 2nd year starting WR ever hasn’t been?

Goff is gonna take another big step forward as McVay slowly removes some of the ‘17 O simplifications.

This, in turn, makes Woods a bit more deadly, as well.

And I can’t overstate the apparent upgrade that Cooks appears to be over Watkins in this McVay O. Wow!

If the anticipated step forward by our TE corps should take place? Look out, NFL!

This should become best Ram O since the GSOT heyday. Our opponents will be forced to play catch up early and often this season against a potentially elite D. A nightmare scenario for them.

Don’t you just love it?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I remember about him

Real defenders...taking him serious...and dude is running 4 yard pass patterns...to try and get open.

My stopwatch says, "Who you gonna believe? Me or your lyin' YouTube watchin' eyes?"

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Love everything about Kupp and after they interviewed Kupp, McVay told WR Coach Eric Yarber that Kupp could have his job. Come on, would not even mind looking like Kupp.
51yanDAWTKL._SY445_.jpg

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
This should become best Ram O since the GSOT heyday

I agree 43. I predict there will be threads on this forum comparing the ‘99, ‘00 and ‘01 offenses with the McVay three years stretch of ‘17-‘19. Only the Rams won’t blow up this window of opportunity like that painful demise under Martz.

It will be a fun thread. With mixed results.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
My stopwatch says, "Who you gonna believe? Me or your lyin' YouTube watchin' eyes?"

LOL....slow Saturday for you too? ehh...bout to go watch my daughter in a tourney out here....well, a lil further south...

FWIW....I suspect our top wr's this year will be, Cooks, Woods, and Reynolds....I'm sure McVay pays attention to youtube as well...dude shoulda been getting loose with 14 damn targets....3rd and 6 and he catches a pass for 4??? Yall woulda ate Quick, Tavon, anyone else UP....but Kupp....cause he's so 3rd round-ish...is showered with praise.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL....slow Saturday for you too? ehh...bout to go watch my daughter in a tourney out here....well, a lil further south...

FWIW....I suspect our top wr's this year will be, Cooks, Woods, and Reynolds....I'm sure McVay pays attention to youtube as well...dude shoulda been getting loose with 14 damn targets....3rd and 6 and he catches a pass for 4??? Yall woulda ate Quick, Tavon, anyone else UP....but Kupp....cause he's so 3rd round-ish...is showered with praise.
Don't undercut Kupp...He's the best drafted WR since Torry Holt. He's NOT Tory Holt, mind you....YET!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He's the best drafted WR since Torry Holt. He's NOT Tory Holt, mind you....YET!
I need to see a tough slot wr.....dudes that drop the rock should be deep threats...speedsters...

Hey, Danny A. spoiled me....dropping 3rd down passes...td's...good lil player...but you need clutch in there...not sure he's over that problem...

it's one reason I have no faith in Higbee...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I need to see a tough slot wr.....dudes that drop the rock should be deep threats...speedsters...

Hey, Danny A. spoiled me....dropping 3rd down passes...td's...good lil player...but you need clutch in there...not sure he's over that problem...

it's one reason I have no faith in Higbee...
Danny A., the concussion machine? If we had kept him, dude would died on the field.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
All I remember about him

Real defenders...taking him serious...and dude is running 4 yard pass patterns...to try and get open.

Real defenders? Lmao was he playing vs fake defenders in the regular season? If you can’t admit Kupp had a good year as rookie wr than I don’t know what to say. It’s ok to be wrong about a player every now and then. Kupp def proved your preseason predictions about him wrong which should make you happy. He “unhitched the trailer” that you were worried about and was a intregal part of the #1 scoring offense as a rookie. Better things to come for sure too.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's all you remember?

All I can remember are all the third downs he converted and drives he extended to help us win games.
This forgetting the good and focusing on a couple bad things is becoming an epidemic around here :) Kupp did so much good it's sad people don't remember that.