Kupp's physical progression in OTAs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
We should see a nice progression in the offense with Goff. Kupp was older for a rookie and worked harder than most college players. I imagine he gets a little stronger. He did show he wasn't easy to bring down which was a little surprising. Mentally he has to focus on making the catch first. He tries to get going for YAC and doesn't always look the ball in. Overall he had a great rookie year and should be better in 2018.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LOL....slow Saturday for you too? ehh...bout to go watch my daughter in a tourney out here....well, a lil further south...

FWIW....I suspect our top wr's this year will be, Cooks, Woods, and Reynolds....I'm sure McVay pays attention to youtube as well...dude shoulda been getting loose with 14 damn targets....3rd and 6 and he catches a pass for 4??? Yall woulda ate Quick, Tavon, anyone else UP....but Kupp....cause he's so 3rd round-ish...is showered with praise.
In case you guys haven't seen CHAMP lately....

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
In case you guys haven't seen CHAMP lately....

That...seriously, just could beTHEE most spot on post ive read since i bailed from Ramstalk to here, and for whats it’s worth, i really believe senor Champ is top 20 on the ROD must read list, nobody stirs a pot, thus generates pages, as well him

Bravo Sir (503)

Take a bow

Tano

Legend
That...seriously, just could beTHEE most spot on post ive read since i bailed from Ramstalk to here, and for whats it’s worth, i really believe senor Champ is top 20 on the ROD must read list, nobody stirs a pot, thus generates pages, as well him

Bravo Sir (503)

Take a bow
I like Champ too. I still think he's wrong most of the time but I still like him.

Tano

Legend
Real defenders? Lmao was he playing vs fake defenders in the regular season? If you can’t admit Kupp had a good year as rookie wr than I don’t know what to say. It’s ok to be wrong about a player every now and then. Kupp def proved your preseason predictions about him wrong which should make you happy. He “unhitched the trailer” that you were worried about and was a intregal part of the #1 scoring offense as a rookie. Better things to come for sure too.
He had the best year ever for a Ram rookie WR for total catches.

dang

Legend
I need to see a tough slot wr.....dudes that drop the rock should be deep threats...speedsters...

Hey, Danny A. spoiled me....dropping 3rd down passes...td's...good lil player...but you need clutch in there...not sure he's over that problem...

it's one reason I have no faith in Higbee...
Here we go again with the CLOWN baiting posts. Let’s not feed it again!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FWIW....I suspect our top wr's this year will be, Cooks, Woods, and Reynolds....I'm sure McVay pays attention to youtube as well..

C1uGnyeVIAQOEDm.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Bravo Sir (503)

Take a bow
And don't get me wrong. I like most of what CHAMP posts. I do get tired of the refusal to accept that a player he obviously did not like is actually playing well. Being contrarian just to generate responses is otherwise known as trolling. And that is something I will never encourage here.

jap

Legend
Cooper Kupp went through what all NFL rookies go through their first season---dramatic exposure to a much faster pace than they were used to, and opponents who are smarter, faster, stronger, & quicker than any they have seen before. Those big hits that separated him from the rock are properly classified as standard rookie growing pains. He knows now he has to muscle up and dedicate himself mentally (focus-wise) to refuse to be physically divorced from the rock on key plays. We are going to see a much better Cooper than we did last season, and that early version was not bad at all!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Kupp will be better in ‘18. I mean, what 2nd year starting WR ever hasn’t been?

Goff is gonna take another big step forward as McVay slowly removes some of the ‘17 O simplifications.

This, in turn, makes Woods a bit more deadly, as well.

And I can’t overstate the apparent upgrade that Cooks appears to be over Watkins in this McVay O. Wow!

If the anticipated step forward by our TE corps should take place? Look out, NFL!

This should become best Ram O since the GSOT heyday. Our opponents will be forced to play catch up early and often this season against a potentially elite D. A nightmare scenario for them.

Don’t you just love it?
Thank you! I can't say it enough, thank you for summing it up so well!

Add in the defense upgrades and wow, just WOW!

I can't wait!

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Three talents required for an NFL receiver to be successful are good hands, create separation, and catch the ball in traffic. Kupp seems to have all these abilities and will only get better as a pro, he is far from his ceiling.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Being contrarian just to generate responses is otherwise known as trolling. And that is something I will never encourage here.

This is why I could never be an admin/moderator @RamFan503

There is a lot of personalities of the polar opposite mindset on football fan forums.

Some fans are so over the top with their support for the team (rose colored glasses) that they get irritated beyond control when another poster has the opposite view regardless of what evidence or Intel is provided to support the debate weather it's done in good or bad taste.

Some posters do have the intent to agitate others and way too often rip on players, coaches, ownership, scouting departments, reporters, beat writers etc. They do it more often than not and spew mostly negative crap.

They can find a tiny wart on a mole that's barely the size of a needle tip.

I can appreciate honest opinions that differ from mine or other posters that I agree with as long as their isn't derogatory comments and arrogant troll like behavior.

Knowing the difference between a strong opposite opinion mixed with some sarcasm compared to what a troll mentality is, Is exactly why we need moderators to filter/screen and lock them out.

These types are never good for a forum community and I smile every time one is removed or banned.
troll-at-computer-136392703710003901-140815161528.jpg
internet+troll.jpg

internet_troll_by_brittmartin-d7xhcn1.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not sure Kupp will get faster, it takes devoted training specific to that to make noticeable increases.

He can get stronger, but I don't think he needs to.

IMO what he needs to do..........

Work on route running and become familiar with the JUGS machine. A little extra time after practice catching balls wouldn't hurt.

I don't blame the guy for the pass versus SEA, it came in very hot and he was airborne trying to get it. That's a 50-50 thing, so next time he gets it.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure Kupp will get faster, it takes devoted training specific to that to make noticeable increases.

He can get stronger, but I don't think he needs to.

IMO what he needs to do..........

Work on route running and become familiar with the JUGS machine. A little extra time after practice catching balls wouldn't hurt.

I don't blame the guy for the pass versus SEA, it came in very hot and he was airborne trying to get it. That's a 50-50 thing, so next time he gets it.
You know, I'm not sure any body would come down with that pass. It was high and hard. kupp barely got his finger tips on it. I would blame that miss on Goff. You put that ball in the same place on any of the best receivers and tell them where it is going to be and maybe they come up with it 25 percent of the time. He dropped a couple of key passes no doubt, but that isn't one that should be hanging around his neck.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You know, I'm not sure any body would come down with that pass. It was high and hard. kupp barely got his finger tips on it. I would blame that miss on Goff. You put that ball in the same place on any of the best receivers and tell them where it is going to be and maybe they come up with it 25 percent of the time. He dropped a couple of key passes no doubt, but that isn't one that should be hanging around his neck.

Kupp had 5 drops last year according to the stats that I saw. I don't remember who posted them or where they were from. Or if that pass counted as one of the five.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Lmao was he playing vs fake defenders in the regular season?
Not top defenders....not scouted to be contained....
If you can’t admit Kupp had a good year as rookie wr than I don’t know what to say.
He had a great year for a rookie....

He's not a player I'd consider a serious threat...I believe he's easily contained...relying on him in a playoff game is foolish...like throwing him game winning/deciding passes...and the number of 3rd down targets is asinine...

It's like/comparing..... Atl is using Julio on 3rd down...

we're looking at Kupp and Higbee...

big difference IMO...