Kenny Young Traded

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We are too green in the secondary. I gotta think we add a slot corner vet. We need a vet if we truly want to make a run this season. I’m a big fan of #31 and I think #21 is surprising us a little. But we need to add a vet to calm the storm this season.

Young out Rapp gets more snaps at LOS like last year now.
Burgess is starting to get more snaps too.
Maybe they feel Scott ISNT good enough so far
Yeah they may be worried about corner. I think we're ok there because Williams is due to come back, Rochell is gonna be ok, and Deayon has shown he's fine as a CB3. Long isn't worth shit or they might trade him but he's appropriate for a depth corner. But I could see them addressing it if they simply don't think they match up well enough vs Arizona's weapons.

Way I see it safety is more of a problem with two meatheads in Rapp and Scott. Obviously the Rams don't agree that maybe Hughes should get a look. So I doubt they're happy with that group not being able to fill the spot next to Fuller. On top of that safety is easier to find/get, they're not as scarce as the corners and teams want different shit depending on scheme so you can get them way cheaper than a corner who would help this defense out. This is why safety looks like a good target position to give this defense a shot in the arm.

The other positions would be RB which seems less likely if they're thinking they may get Akers back. Or TE which does have a shitter available in Ebron, but TE is a little more prized those guys get chased in FA and everyone wants big weapons if they're good.

One thing we haven't discussed is what if they are gonna trim someone else. Someone important. Let's say they have their eye on a more valuable addition. Someone they will pay next year type of thing, or who is a FA and they plan to lock him up. Which, since we don't have picks to trade and money coming off the books... Maybe we see someone we really like moved.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Give me 56 on the Saints! We haven’t had a guy in the middle like that FOREVER!!!!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I hope they can add a blocking ace at TE. Need to be able to control the clock better.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Looking at selling type teams for CBs that have affordable deals for this yr that are likely available.

Eagles - Darrious Slay -

$1M base, big base in 22'... So 1yr rental. Have not been impressed watching him here fairly closely in Philly.

Texans - Vernon Hargreaves

$1M base, last yr of deal... No idea if he is any good.

Texans - Desmond King

$2M base, last yr of deal, again no idea if he has worked out...but like Hargreaves was a high pick.

Giants - James Bradbury

$1.8M base this yr, 13M next yr, so would be a rental or restructure or trade him this offseason like they talked about Mack a few yrs ago.

Steelers - Joe Haden

$7M base, so about $4M left for this yr and its the last yr of his deal.

Panthers - AJ Bouye

$1M base next two yrs...not sure if he is any good, been around a while.

AJ Bouye paired so well with Ramsey that people actually thought Bouye was better than Ramsey...

I'd be crazy excited for this...

I think it's gonna be a secondary player... big or small contract...

The Ramowl

Starter
And it's also interesting in this reason: Young is a free agent after this year. It's best that we got something for him, even if it's a faraway sixth.
We're also contending for the title, not rebuilding, so we need players to win now.
I don't get this, maybe he was not checking some boxes that we can't see from here. Seems that we're getting rid of him rather than actually trying to get value, didn't we get more out of our second punter ?

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I obviously see they like Reeder more than young which is fine
Reeder is quite good I don't know what you're watching. Putting Reeder on a WR isn't reeders fault btw. That's poor play design. Reeder has proven he can play when given a proper assignment
Hey, I'm with you. I like Reeder. He's not a star, but, he's decent. We can def get better tho. I dont see how getting rid of young makes us better tho. Maybe it means Jones is ready!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We're also contending for the title, not rebuilding, so we need players to win now.
I don't get this, maybe he was not checking some boxes that we can't see from here. Seems that we're getting rid of him rather than actually trying to get value, didn't we get more out of our second punter ?
The ILB position will have little say in upcoming matchups with the Cards, Bucs, & Packers...but a quality 3rd CB definitely will.

And it's not like we just traded Ray Lewis.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
This move makes 0 sense to me. Even if you have another move planned, you traded a decent starter and a 7th for a 6th. All to save about 1.3 mil?

Young seemed to have brought some good energy. For that alone he was worth keeping.
You need the cap room to get a CB that you desperately need if you are going to match up with the Cards, Bucs, Packers, and even Dallas. The drop off, if any, at IlB is nothing compared to the drop off at CB, especially if you sustain an injury there.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
You need the cap room to get a CB that you desperately need if you are going to match up with the Cards, Bucs, Packers, and even Dallas. The drop off, if any, at IlB is nothing compared to the drop off at CB, especially if you sustain an injury there.

I have a hard time believing that cap room couldn’t be made through restructuring of some contracts. I understand we need another corner, just not a huge fan of the move personally.

Braindead

UDFA
What kind of CB should/would the Rams go for? A real starter in exchange for picks / players or a backup?
Which team provides a CB that helps us and is affordable at the same time?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
What kind of CB should/would the Rams go for? A real starter in exchange for picks / players or a backup?
Which team provides a CB that helps us and is affordable at the same time?
Kendall Fuller? 10 mil salary for 2021. 8 mil for 2022. 8.5 mil for 2023. Guy can tackle and cover.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Won't happen, but if they wanted to some more cap space, they could move Desean Jackson and let Atwell play.

Makes as much sense as moving Young for Jones, IMO. Especially, since Jackson hardly plays.
Yeah DJ seems like a wasted signing and he’s not fooling teams deep recently. Maybe McVay is just keeping him in his back pocket for certain instances.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
exactly

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Reeder is physical that's for sure. He does do some good things but this year has been a down one for him compared to last year. The missed tackles are a problem.

His position is the one that comes off the field on passing downs. So they want Jones to be on the field for high snap count basically. Which I don't disagree with. Only thing I don't get is why move Young. Maybe it's as simple as Young threw a tantrum when they told him idk. He is kind of an emotional dude.
That’s possible that he was unhappy with his reduced snaps.
Sounds like a trade in the works
I don't think Henry was losing sleep over facing Kenny Young.
No but having a rookie face Henry could be even worse.
Having processed this now you have to feel bad for Young. It's a cut throat business at times and it must suck to being named a starter on a Super Bowl contender and spend 7 games in a locker room and the day after your 6th victory while you're riding a victory high you're told you're being traded to a losing team that has little to no hope of making the playoffs.
Yeah that would suck but there is more pressure on a contending team to meet the expectations of the coaches.
Just read this....interesting....not saying it will happen

Fuller could be part of the Young deal. Maybe another week or two of the Broncos paying him reduces his salary to fit under the Rams cap. The sweetheart deal for Young could have been to get the Broncos to agree to take Fuller off other teams lists and hold him for the Rams.
This move makes 0 sense to me. Even if you have another move planned, you traded a decent starter and a 7th for a 6th. All to save about 1.3 mil?

Young seemed to have brought some good energy. For that alone he was worth keeping.
See above
AJ Bouye paired so well with Ramsey that people actually thought Bouye was better than Ramsey...

I'd be crazy excited for this...

I think it's gonna be a secondary player... big or small contract...
I’ve read that he’s never looked like his former self after getting the second contract.
A one year rental of a very good player could yield a 3rd or 4th comp pick in 2023.
Hey, I'm with you. I like Reeder. He's not a star, but, he's decent. We can def get better tho. I dont see how getting rid of young makes us better tho. Maybe it means Jones is ready!
With reduced snaps maybe they think Jones can play just as good as Young. Apparently they weren’t completely happy with Young’s play. Maybe he lacks instincts. If Jones is as instinctual as they claimed at draft time, then he could be a big upgrade. They could have just been waiting for Jones to make them feel confident that he knows the defense.