Kenny Young Traded

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD in UNISON.....

N9LLSDe.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't buy that. We didn't even get a 6th round pick it was a pick swap 6th for 7th. Seriously doubt that overcame his value on the depth chart during what may be a Super Bowl run.

There's more to this and it'll come clear soon I'm sure.

Ernest Jones

dang

Legend
Know what makes me laugh … every shitting on reeder … and who is still in horns ? .. young has never impressed me .. and yes reeder is gonna beat when trying to cover WRs but he has consistently been a starting Linebacker … he obviously doing something right
Or no one wants Reeder in a trade and perhaps cutting him saves $0 against the cap (too lazy to look it up). I take no pleasure in saying I saw it coming. I had hope for Young but conceded that Reeder was decent depth at best. He’s just not athletic enough to cover much ground. There’s no way in my mind that the Rams continue with just Reeder and Jones. Way too risky for a super bowl run. Let’s see what happens between now and November 2nd.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
The ILB position is morphing into something akin to an in-the-box SS. Morris has found success as did Phillips in playing Rapp inside the box. I think more than anything it opens the door for Morris to use Rapp as his coverage ILB role.
Agree with this.

Rapp has been burned deep, and Burgess has just not received a lot of snaps. So maybe for passing downs, Rams are looking to move Rapp to coverage ILB and trade for a FS with range.
Or a CB.

Bottom line, all signs point to another trade before the deadline.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Or no one wants Reeder in a trade and perhaps cutting him saves $0 against the cap (too lazy to look it up). I take no pleasure in saying I saw it coming. I had hope for Young but conceded that Reeder was decent depth at best. He’s just not athletic enough to cover much ground. There’s no way in my mind that the Rams continue with just Reeder and Jones. Way too risky for a super bowl run. Let’s see what happens between now and November 2nd.
As someone else pointed out, with the rotation of Lewis and Obo at OLB, perhaps Hollins can move inside once he's healthy. IMHO a trade for S or CB is more likely than ILB.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Whatever dude. Troy Reeder was The Rams starting MLB last year when they became the best defense in The NFL. Continue talking your smack.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
In Money Ball, the Manager was playing a guy the GM didn't want him to play. So the GM traded that guy away so the manager had no choice but to play who the GM wanted. Could that be some of the reason. Jones wasn't getting enough snaps so....
For the record, Reeder doesn't play the same position. So you probably won't be seeing anymore of Reeder than you already do.

TXRams86

The Infamous
A bit of a head scratcher honestly. Not much reward, if anything it’s just a loss in depth. There has to be more to it but Jourdan leads us to believe to take it at face value. If there’s a trade being made she’s gonna have some egg on her face.

dang

Legend
Whatever dude. Troy Reeder was The Rams starting MLB last year when they became the best defense in The NFL. Continue talking your smack.
There’s no shame in being a decent depth player in the NFL. You have every right feel Young snd Reeder are good starting NFL ILBs but I respectfully disagree. The Rams need a better run defense and it’s not the DL that’s failing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Troy Reeder is the better LBer. Jones needs to step up,but might be a year away to take over. I like the calling.
Kenny Young was a big part of the team.He did make to many mistakes & was expandable. Find it interesting though because The Rams restructured Havenstien’s contract which Oldbutnotdead was saying?
Reeder is not going to stay on the field 3x downs. Not when they invested a 3rd round pick in Jones and the scheme allows for one ILB to be on the field on passing downs. He's best served on early/run downs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think a Jones is in the mix.....Dion Jones from ATL...Morris's old stomping grounds...
More I think about this the more I think it's another position they're after.

We could use RB, S, TE, ST Returner. Any of those make us better as a team. RB is probably the easiest to get (Mack is on the market too) but saw someone on another board mention Patterson. Both those guys are cheap ($3M, $2M) and one year rentals for our run.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As someone else pointed out, with the rotation of Lewis and Obo at OLB, perhaps Hollins can move inside once he's healthy. IMHO a trade for S or CB is more likely than ILB.
I won’t be one for guessing on trades.Les Snead is the ultimate
wheeler & dealer.Demoff has his footprint all over it as well.
Mcvay imo let’s Les Snead run the show.He keeps an open dialogue with him &!his coaching staff to be apart of it all.Personally find it fascinating.
When it comes to players I have a much better view. The practice squad & game day stuff though is so hard to follow.The one thing I stand upon is the development of players.
—Kenny Young surprised me from training camp on.His tackle numbers are impressive.The FACT Denver wants him shows his improvement was league wide.
I heard a quote from Raheem Morris which I LOVE!!! Just thinking about his stats. Lol - imo a lot was his defensive playcalling that inflated the numbers.
—Still The Rams find value & if the question about Kenny Young 2 years ago was that a team would trade for him you’d probably be happy.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Couple of things:

1. You don't just make financial decisions during a time that you pushed all your chips into the middle of the table. If Young was that important it would be like acquiring an expiring contract to help you this year. They must think Brown will be at least as good or way better than Young. Like how we got Sony it may be a 1 year rental but that's what you do.

2. There has to be a move for a corner maybe a safety. Nobody really picks on Fuller to much but he hasn't been close to what we expected maybe even on the disappointing side to be honest. I do keep hearing Marcus May as a rams target hear in NY. That said they have to have someone they are looking at either a rental or someone on a rookie or cheap deal.

3. Guy we all know even with Darious Williams there is no way we can match our corners on Arizona, Dallas, and Tampa. Green Bay also but not because they are full of receivers more cause Rodgers can make Tavon Austin look like Jerry Rice.
My point is surely they know they need secondary help. At full strength Tampa receivers burn us assuming we shut down there top two arguably Evans and Godwin there is no one whatsoever that can stay with Antonio Brown even who we would acquire probably but at least if you can manage him then advantage Rams.

I trust this front office no way they free up space thinking about next year when we are all in this year with Superbowl at SoFi. Of course we always need to plan for the future but they have to be targeting someone. An expiring contract. Carrying over 5-6 million is great but does that mean you did the best you could to secure a legitimate shot at a Superbowl this year. To me it's obvious there is a move or a couple coming.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Reeder is not going to stay on the field 3x downs. Not when they invested a 3rd round pick in Jones and the scheme allows for one ILB to be on the field on passing downs. He's best served on early/run downs.

Yeah - I won’t say he will or that he won’t.The player that needs to step up is E. Jones.
I saw that he was getting extra playing time against the Giants.So there you have it.Jones is the future at MLBer.The draft capital alone tells you that. The Rams knew Kenny Young was not the answer,but a try hard veteran player with high energy.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The Rams paying so little money at ILB during the McVay era hasn't improved our odds favorably.
More I think about this the more I think it's another position they're after.

We could use RB, S, TE, ST Returner. Any of those make us better as a team. RB is probably the easiest to get (Mack is on the market too) but saw someone on another board mention Patterson. Both those guys are cheap ($3M, $2M) and one year rentals for our run.

Kansas City CB Mike Hughes is a combo CB/K Returner who is heading into free agency, whether they are willing to trade him, ... ?

Last edited:

Dirigo

Rookie
Name
Andrew
Rams absolutely have to be looking for MLB help. I can’t see them being content with Reeder and Jones as their starters going into a Super Bowl run. That’s a recipe for disaster.

If they don’t trade a MLB, maybe they’ll shift Hollins over to the middle. He would be an upgrade over Reeder for sure.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
The Rams paying so little money at ILB during the McVay era hasn't improved our odds favorably.

Kansas City CB Mike Hughes is a combo CB/K Returner who is heading into free agency, whether they are willing to trade him, ... ?
Not sure I want anyone but maybe a player or 2 from that KC D