Kenny Young Traded

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All do respect to Mike Klis (Broncos insider), but they already had "room" for Ernest Jones.

The Rams could have just started Jones and moved Young into a reserve role, keeping him around for depth/insurance in case of injury. Right now, I think the only ILBs are Reeder, Jones and Howard; and those three are not inter-changeable. Plus, I don't think there is an ILB on the Practice Squad.
They clearly wanted the cap space. That is a certainty I think.

From there they may still be stupidly high on Howard or maybe want to trade for some help. Also I will say that we have all noticed Young is up and down as F in his play. Maybe the Rams are tired of that and maybe he's got some other responsibilities on certain looks like say contain that we have not attributed to him since we don't know the calls.

I agree with you though for the record. I don't like him as a starter but as depth he's better than the other guys.

So who's on the trading block in the AFC?
Couple potentials I have seen mentioned as available with a quick google:

Mack Wilson (Browns). His contract is cheap: [www.spotrac.com]

TJ Edwards (Eagles). Another cheap contract and RFA next year: [www.spotrac.com]

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
There's no way this is done. It just doesn't make any sense what so ever. Even if he wasn't playing up to par, half our fucking team isnt.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I would think DB in some form, but don't know who....early on we heard about the Jets safety, but that would seem odd.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Didn't Reeder pick of Wentz in the end zone when we played the Colts?
I don't remember but I bet our trainers were running low on tape yesterday from taping up Reeder's ankles after all the times he was juked in the open field and missed tackles yesterday

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
It is just odd. I trust Snead and McVay, but the move feels strange. Idk maybe they are getting ready for Stafford's contract extension?

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
In no shape or form can I conceive the Rams trading away a good to solid player for a 6th rounder on a Super bowl mission.....all that does is remove depth. Has to be a setup for a trade.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Expect the unexpected - McSnead
This feels appropriate to post now.
4cgw2e3d6le61.jpeg

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Know what makes me laugh … every shitting on reeder … and who is still in horns ? .. young has never impressed me .. and yes reeder is gonna beat when trying to cover WRs but he has consistently been a starting Linebacker … he obviously doing something right

WestCoastRam

Legend
I really hope they know what they're doing. While Young hasn't been amazing he is the only LB that has made any plays at all this year

For the most part yes... though I wonder how assignment sound he's been at times given his reduced snaps over the last few games.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Reeder is physical that's for sure. He does do some good things but this year has been a down one for him compared to last year. The missed tackles are a problem.

His position is the one that comes off the field on passing downs. So they want Jones to be on the field for high snap count basically. Which I don't disagree with. Only thing I don't get is why move Young. Maybe it's as simple as Young threw a tantrum when they told him idk. He is kind of an emotional dude.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
This deal is a real head scratcher to me! There must be something going on in the locker room or behind the scenes that will be reveled in the near future. Oh, for the record Reeder sucks.