Jalen Ramsey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
Less talking more covering. Work less on your pod cast and more on playing defense. You bullshit too much.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ramsey's an underneath corner vs receivers with real speed. Where he will need help over the top. But that said he far too often gets caught with his nose in the backfield which is ridiculous given how he has never been able to produce INTs. I mean if he showed a tendency to jump routes and flip possession I'd overlook that. But he's never been a big INT guy.

His value is his size and intensity vs the run and the fact he can still erase many receivers. But he is no longer a shutdown corner they can put on anyone. He wasn't last season either, rather he benefitted from that rush after Von came aboard. Keep saying this.

Current corners on this team would probably be ok playing a Cover 3 if we had great safeties. But we don't. Safeties make Ramsey's decline even worse because they can't cover his mistakes, as they have zero instincts playing over the top.

It is a mystery how some players keep being trotted out there though. How in the fuck is Rapp still out there starting and bending us over. Same with Evans. It's mind boggling. There is ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY with this team. Zero. And that is a problem.

TexasRam

Legend
Ramsey's an underneath corner vs receivers with real speed. Where he will need help over the top. But that said he far too often gets caught with his nose in the backfield which is ridiculous given how he has never been able to produce INTs. I mean if he showed a tendency to jump routes and flip possession I'd overlook that. But he's never been a big INT guy. His value is his size and intensity vs the run and the fact he can still erase many receivers. But he is no longer a shutdown corner they can put on anyone. He wasn't last season either, rather he benefitted from that rush after Von came aboard. Keep saying this. Current corners on this team would probably be ok playing a Cover 3 if we had great safeties. But we don't. Safeties make Ramsey's decline even worse because they can't cover his mistakes, as they have zero instincts playing over the top. It is a mystery how some players keep being trotted out there though. How in the fuck is Rapp still out there starting and bending us over. Same with Evans. It's mind boggling. There is ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY with this team. Zero. And that is a problem.

100% true. Rapp and Evans - mind boggling.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Ramsey has cost us some games with his dropped INTs. A couple would have been game changers. IMO, he is starting to slide. I would trade him and his huge salary while we can still get something for him. We need the $$$ to add some needed depth.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ramsey has cost us some games with his dropped INTs. A couple would have been game changers. IMO, he is starting to slide. I would trade him and his huge salary while we can still get something for him. We need the $$$ to add some needed depth.
Im all for the trade if it nets us some draft picks and they’re used for oline. We need some horses up front obviously.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
We've been missing those draft picks, so I don't think that will make us better. He's still rated amongst the best. Jaire and Surtain were getting cooked this week as well.

Ellard80

Legend
two bad weeks in a row for Jalen

Hopkins caught 8 out 10 for 83 yards against him.

Gives up 2 Tds against saints.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
We would have lost the Super Bowl had AD not gotten to Burroughs when he did. Jamar Chase had juked Ramsey AGAIN and was wide open for the game winning TD. I'm not suggesting that Ramsey is washed, but he is showing some signs of decline. Maybe he has just lost the hunger. In any event, when you look at his contract and what this team needs, he is the first of the big money contracts you would move.

Stafford (as a QB should), Kupp, Donald and Ramsey make up 47% of the Rams cap. Only one of those names is even potentially going to get moved.......

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Im all for the trade if it nets us some draft picks and they’re used for oline. We need some horses up front obviously.
I could see the big spending Dolphins making a move for him to try to put them over the top in a tough AFC where stopping those big name QBs is critical. Could give them a great secondary.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
...and really are we really utilizing Ramsey to his max by playing this soft zone? If they don't trade him I would eventually move him to safety....might be a better playmaker there as a Blitzer and hero back type.

Tano

Legend
We would have lost the Super Bowl had AD not gotten to Burroughs when he did. Jamar Chase had juked Ramsey AGAIN and was wide open for the game winning TD. I'm not suggesting that Ramsey is washed, but he is showing some signs of decline. Maybe he has just lost the hunger. In any event, when you look at his contract and what this team needs, he is the first of the big money contracts you would move.

Stafford (as a QB should), Kupp, Donald and Ramsey make up 47% of the Rams cap. Only one of those names is even potentially going to get moved.......
Sigh as stated many times and with screen shots - Ramsey had tight coverage on Chase when Donald started twirling Burrows.

You can see Ramsey in the screenshot looking directly at Burrows and Donald and then falling down.

Not sure if he would have fallen down if Donald didn't have Burrows in his grasp but I tend to believe that Ramsey started to celebrate and fell down. I could be wrong though.

Tano

Legend
two bad weeks in a row for Jalen

Hopkins caught 8 out 10 for 83 yards against him.

Gives up 2 Tds against saints.
Most of those passes were given up with Ramsey 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. I would much rather have Ramsey within 5 yards of the receiver with maybe some back end help when his receiver goes deep.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ramsey's an underneath corner vs receivers with real speed. Where he will need help over the top. But that said he far too often gets caught with his nose in the backfield which is ridiculous given how he has never been able to produce INTs. I mean if he showed a tendency to jump routes and flip possession I'd overlook that. But he's never been a big INT guy.

His value is his size and intensity vs the run and the fact he can still erase many receivers. But he is no longer a shutdown corner they can put on anyone. He wasn't last season either, rather he benefitted from that rush after Von came aboard. Keep saying this.

Current corners on this team would probably be ok playing a Cover 3 if we had great safeties. But we don't. Safeties make Ramsey's decline even worse because they can't cover his mistakes, as they have zero instincts playing over the top.

It is a mystery how some players keep being trotted out there though. How in the fuck is Rapp still out there starting and bending us over. Same with Evans. It's mind boggling. There is ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY with this team. Zero. And that is a problem.
Morris's decision to go away from Staley's C-2/C-4 defense has been a bad one. It is made even worse by his belief that Rapp can ever be effective playing center field. Scott and Fuller are capable in that role. Rapp is not and has never been. Glad I am taking my moratorium.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Morris's decision to go away from Staley's C-2/C-4 defense has been a bad one. It is made even worse by his belief that Rapp can ever be effective playing center field. Scott and Fuller are capable in that role. Rapp is not and has never been. Glad I am taking my moratorium.

every time jalen has been beaten deep rapp is always late coming into the picture nowhere near the wr.

it was obvious way back in 2019 that rapp was useless as a deep safety when a 20 yard catch turned into a 50 yard catch (also a time ramsey got beat deep) as he had no idea which angle to take. he handed the whiners the game winning fg and the rams any chance of the playoffs. also got wade fired and staley's first action was to demote rapp to the bench.

morris's first action was to place rapp back as the deep safety. no words.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
every time jalen has been beaten deep rapp is always late coming into the picture nowhere near the wr.

it was obvious way back in 2019 that rapp was useless as a deep safety when a 20 yard catch turned into a 50 yard catch (also a time ramsey got beat deep) as he had no idea which angle to take. he handed the whiners the game winning fg and the rams any chance of the playoffs. also got wade fired and staley's first action was to demote rapp to the bench.

morris's first action was to place rapp back as the deep safety. no words.

Good call ! I will say it is a mistake to have Taylor Rapp starting. Yeast would even be a better option now..
—I’m a Raheem Morris fan,but Rapp stinks. The fact RAMsey & Rapp fought against Baltimore last season was disgusting for young players.
All you say is true. Rapp getting hurt was the only way The Ramsnwin a SuperBowl. Thank you Eric Weedle.

Fuller is slow . Lake will find his way on the field2023.