Jalen Ramsey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Yeah - he is no HOF CB & it shows he might be better off gone.

I say that from the standpoint of value. What happens to Nick Scott?
I know a different position,but how many players can The Rams lose ?

RR31 ? Is he a bust ?

Wut?

Who do you replace Ramsey with? Who is an upgrade?

This place is getting ridiculous

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We would have lost the Super Bowl had AD not gotten to Burroughs when he did. Jamar Chase had juked Ramsey AGAIN and was wide open for the game winning TD. I'm not suggesting that Ramsey is washed, but he is showing some signs of decline. Maybe he has just lost the hunger. In any event, when you look at his contract and what this team needs, he is the first of the big money contracts you would move.

Stafford (as a QB should), Kupp, Donald and Ramsey make up 47% of the Rams cap. Only one of those names is even potentially going to get moved.......

That’s a blue or white dress argument as some maintain that Ramsey didn’t peal off until Burrows was in the grasp.

I don’t wanna rehash it, just saying it in hopes of preventing that rabbit hole…

BrooklynRam

Rookie
Its still a near 20 mill dead cap hit. Post June 1 they can push off 12 mill of dead cap to 2024 and "only" take an 8 mill hit in 2023. That's an incredible amount of dough to leave on the table in order to get rid of a 28 year old shut down player
Shut down player, LOL

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Its still a near 20 mill dead cap hit. Post June 1 they can push off 12 mill of dead cap to 2024 and "only" take an 8 mill hit in 2023. That's an incredible amount of dough to leave on the table in order to get rid of a 28 year old shut down player
It's a lot.

Ramsey isn't a guy I would trade, unless Stafford's not coming back. If Stafford's not coming back, I'd move him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
12 mil is still a huge cap hit.

Maybe instead of trading or releasing him they should play to his strengths. Which right now they don't.
If you ask me, they are playing to his strengths at this point in his career.
This will likely be seen as some kind of defense of Morris, it's not. Ramsey doesn't have quite the top gear he used to have.
He'll be moving more and more into a "DB" position in coming years, rather than "shut down corner"... and he'll still be a really good player.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a lot.

Ramsey isn't a guy I would trade, unless Stafford's not coming back. If Stafford's not coming back, I'd move him.
I honestly cant really have an unbiased conversation on the Ramsey, I just think the world of him and think he gets and has gotten a bad rap. I see your point though, if Staff goes, it could be back up the truck time. But that said, he'd probably be the last guy I'd let go of

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wut?

Who do you replace Ramsey with? Who is an upgrade?

This place is getting ridiculous

There is such thing as a salary cap. It’s like playing fantasy football. You can’t keep everyone.

I’m just going a long with someone someone saying we need to get rid of Jalen.

Truth is you could find value.Ti think it couldn’t happen is crazy.

You’re going to tell me you could have EVER seen what Les Snead did last season to win the Superbowl?

I look at the 8ers now & say WTF. Talk about lucky. They had Tre Lance starting & we’re going to trade Jimmy G.The rumor was they didn’t do it because The Rams (Sea Hags)were interested in him if the released him.Talj about weird

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I honestly cant really have an unbiased conversation on the Ramsey, I just think the world of him and think he gets and has gotten a bad rap. I see your point though, if Staff goes, it could be back up the truck time. But that said, he'd probably be the last guy I'd let go of

I will say the idea of a Ramsey wanting a raise AND the Rams not being good is a potentially explosive situation. That's not a criticism.. Ramsey is a guy who isn't afraid of expressing himself and his emotions. It's who he is. He also puts in the work and makes plays.

On another point.. he's a shutdown corner with the right matchups, but is not nearly the best at shadowing guys. If he can bump them and it's a shorter route, he's a nightmare to play against.
Guys with elite size/strength? The can beat him badly deep.
Guys with elite short area route running and good athleticism? He has a hard time. But we're talking Jalen against the elite guys.
Chase, Evans, Diggs.. all these guys did real damage against him matched up solo.

It's one of the reasons I like how they're using him in zone.. he's elite at reading.. hits like a mother... and can make more plays on balls.
In today's NFL.. that kind of guy can do a lot of damage for a defense. Shutting down one guy is great.. impacting a big section of the field because the QB knows you're lurking is even better, imo.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
There is such thing as a salary cap. It’s like playing fantasy football. You can’t keep everyone.

I’m just going a long with someone someone saying we need to get rid of Jalen.

Truth is you could find value.Ti think it couldn’t happen is crazy.

You’re going to tell me you could have EVER seen what Les Snead did last season to win the Superbowl?

I look at the 8ers now & say WTF. Talk about lucky. They had Tre Lance starting & we’re going to trade Jimmy G.The rumor was they didn’t do it because The Rams (Sea Hags)were interested in him if the released him.Talj about weird
Getting rid of a foundational piece and a team leader is risky. Martz did it and it sent us into 15 years of garbage.

Ellard80

Legend
Absolutely is. When he's assigned to man. He's asked to do too much IMO, there's just too many holes in that secondary

He has declined a bit the past couple years... he is still a good player - but hard for me to call him shutdown right now.

Hopkins caught 8 of 10 for 87 yards against him and then he got barbequed by Olave in New Orleans

one thing Ramsey can do is bring the lumber....

I think maybe should move to Safety.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
We need to get players who can keep Stafford safe and can complement AD while he is still the best game wrecker in the NFL.

We get those pieces and we're back in the running.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Getting rid of a foundational piece and a team leader is risky. Martz did it and it sent us into 15 years of garbage.
If your talking Kurt Warner then if your talking Kurt Warner then that was because he did not protect him. He never ever built the Offensive line back up.
The Rams got ZERO for him. If you ask me how his movie went down it was very in accurate.I believe from even with the John Gruden part.The timing was wrong.
Kurt Warner got playing time against the 9ers his rookie season.My life had changed.I believe my(whatever) does not matter,but London Fletcher got his first start in that game ?
If your talking him there was a salary cap & he was once again undersized. The Rams had a Guard/Center back then that played in the EURO league with Warner.

You can pick him out.IMO he is an example of a better version of Austin Blythe & Coleman Shelton. These guys are Good Twinners who play a good backup guard,but are better at center. This Guy Tom was Great,but still it was more of his Heart.Tough guy & his career would have been better if The Rams had a better/bigger LG next to Orlando Pace.
Letting Ryan Tucker & Miller go hurt. Timmerman is player who opened up a lot of wholes & when he left then you had nothing left. Sort of like Andrew Whitworth,who you can compare each other with. Andrew Whitworth left on Top & Healthy. It was a Blessing & a curse.
Joesph Noteboom’s injury History is way worse than Roger Saffold. Saw Roger as the first one out of the Tunnel in Detroit Thursday/Turkey with Buffalo. His O’Line coach is Aaron Kromer. Whit-Sullivan both mentored him & made him The Leader he is today!! That is what Mcvay & Kromer we’re about.I don’t know what Zak’s role is with The Rams now is ?

I can keep going!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Only going to say we can see a little of Matthew Stafford & Kurt Warner examples of what a Bad O’Line can do to a player.
Kurt’s had got Jacked Up & The Rams 2022 have just had Horrible Luck(Andrew) ?
We can’t take what we have for granted,,but then again Cap wise I can go through it like Fantasy Football.
I was NEVER a Fan of Jared Goff Trade. I believe in a Backup QB like
Say a Colt or Dalton type players if you add depth. Matt Ryan ?
I will not go on record saying I want this,just saying you can make a salary cap work.I don’t even know HOW The Rams(Demoff/Pal) do it ?
Wentz or Lance weren’t the guys. Jimmy G & Nick Foles are other examples.
The Rams list the ability to move around in the draft.Les Snead can work a draft board. It’s when he moves up the board it hurts.Moving back for more capital always works.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I can go on & on like my pick would have been Jay Cutler. Would have signed SJ39 & made Mark Bulger holdout instead. F ‘ that guy. If you want to bring Mad Mike Up. It was Linehan who got screed as well IMO.
I don’t know,but letting a Young DT walk to Green Bay Stunk for nothing. Yes & MTV sold out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Back to Jalen RAMsey. I’m a Raheem Morris & Jalen RAMsey Fan. If they stay Forever Rams I’m good with that ? Now how is that for crazy talk.
The truth is I want what is The Best for The Rams even more though.
I’m excited to see B. Perkins start & he will be my Fantasy QB this week.
—I hope a young I’Lineman steps up this week. Think AJ I have a little man crush on since training camp & said he was better than L. Bruss.
https://mobile.twitter.com/jacksnyder55 .

Jack is a young player I will follow.If he toughens up he could make it in The NFL. The Rams O’Line Coaching staff was not given much.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Is Jack Snyder with any team right now?

No he is not,he is going to play innthe XFL. For that reason a lone I might follow him just enough to see his skill set. The Rams are looking to solidify there Offensive line right now.
My view is they are getting the tires & trying to find a gem. Maybe the find a Jim instead of a Jack. Right now The Rams O’Line looks like Jack Crack.

What happens at CB to finish out the season ? Jalen RAMsey is a good mentor.