Jake Says We're Getting Jonathon Taylor... [UPDATE: TAYLOR SIGNS EXTENSION WITH COLTS]

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with this and have said it myself on numerous occasions.

But there are always outliers. Taylor might be one if he adjusts his contract demands for LA, the Colts see our offer as the best option, and that offer is not too steep. So it seems unlikely but things might align for us.
I think you summed it up well, there are a lot of IF's with trading for and signing Taylor and as good as he is I'd rather some other team rolls the dice on all the if's.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
No - this offense is lacking a Whitworth, a Creed, another Avila, etc. It doesn’t need a RB.

Yes it does. We caught lightning in a bottle two years ago. Before that, the entire offense relied on a great running game. We haven’t had that and it shows how one dimensional we could be.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
No - this offense is lacking a Whitworth, a Creed, another Avila, etc. It doesn’t need a RB.
You’re preaching to the quire regarding the online.

But eating draft picks on RBs that will be gone in 2 years isn’t good either.
We DO need that guy that McVay can trust with the ball in his hands.
Whether that guy even exists? We don’t know, but I think Taylor would be great for this offense.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So the hold-up has been waiting until after we play each other before the trade is made ? LOL... I just made that up.

Come on. Their drugged out owner isn't gonna trade him... or any of his rock-and-roll memorabilia to anyone. Now I do believe he (referring to the dolts' pill popping owner) actually said something along those lines.

After TG30... I don't see our current football decision makers going after an "older" RB who is looking to get paid top dollar.
Older is 24 years old?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Taylor would change this offense in a big way.

But, I wouldn't be including a 1st rounder in any offer.
But you are the riverboat Gambler on the Mississip!

"Last dollar, bet it all!"~ CGI

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's kind of like dog years equating to running back years.
Nooooooooo. We'll use the Marshall Faulk test! When he's 300, he's done!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I would be fine with Taylor as long as its not a premium pick or big money. He probably deserves money in line with the higher paid running backs. But not McCaffery or Kamara money. He coulda gotten over 11 million with the franchise tag. Obviously he wants a long term deal.

If the Rams really are interested it should not be a one year rental. It should be part of their future plans for 2024 and 2025. A 3 year deal at 11 or 12 million per year sounds fair. Nick Chubb got a 3 year 12 million per year deal. If Taylor wants more I'd pass on him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would be fine with Taylor as long as its not a premium pick or big money. He probably deserves money in line with the higher paid running backs. But not McCaffery or Kamara money. He coulda gotten over 11 million with the franchise tag. Obviously he wants a long term deal.

If the Rams really are interested it should not be a one year rental. It should be part of their future plans for 2024 and 2025. A 3 year deal at 11 or 12 million per year sounds fair. Nick Chubb got a 3 year 12 million per year deal. If Taylor wants more I'd pass on him.
It will likely take both. Time to pony up the dough, ya cheap bastid!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It will likely take both. Time to pony up the dough, ya cheap bastid!
Well....

seinfeld-george-costanza.gif

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If we can’t get Taylor, can we at least kick the tires on Fournette?
The guys is still a bruiser.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
He's allowed to rehab and work at the team facility which he refuses to do. Which hurts people knowing where he is on being healthy or not. So I get his stance but is he helping himself? In any kind of trade talks we have to take his word for it or non team doctors.

Kind of defeats the purpose of his twitter account showing at the team facility.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Older is 24 years old?

"Older" as in looking for his second contract (same age TG30 was when we gave him his). Plus... Taylor has a tremendous amount of miles on those wheels and he's coming off injuries.

Ya old ass bastid! LOL

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I haven’t looked it up, but I bet Marshall Faulk had a LOT more miles on him prior to joining the Rams.

Granted, Taylor is no Faulk, but Faulk became HOF Faulk with the Rams.

I don’t know what I think. RB’s can be had cheap, he’s got an injury history, so why do it? Taylor is a guaranteed impact guy. That’s a reason, if you think he’ll stay healthy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think we've failed at all with the rb's I think we've failed with our offense and our Offensive line drafting.
Gotta disagree with that. We haven't spent premium resources on the OL, outside of Avila and Whitworth. Alaric Jackson was a steal as a UDFA. David Edwards was a really nice pick in the Fifth Round. Noteboom has been solid for where he was taken. Evans was a bust. Bruss was a bust. Allen has been okay enough. Coleman Shelton has been a steal. Corbett was a steal in a trade. I'd say we're doing better than most considering the resources we've spent.