Jake Says We're Getting Jonathon Taylor... [UPDATE: TAYLOR SIGNS EXTENSION WITH COLTS]

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Run the ball McVay. The more you run the better you get at it. Stop looking elsewhere for a new player. Wear down the defense then sling the ball downfield. Like we did both times we went to the SB. If this season ends up looking just like last season with all new players we will know where the problem is.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm not understanding the question?
He's an injured RB on the last year of his rookie contract, I dont think he's worth a 2nd round pick particularly one who's potentially a rental
We’re not trading for him if we can’t sign him.

If he’s healthy, we should jump on it.

People act like 2nd rnd picks are guaranteed studs.
They’re not. In fact, many of ours have been duds.
Half of the 1st round are duds.
I’ll take the proven talent all day.
If healthy, of course.

WestCoastRam

Legend

If healthy, of course.
Guy can't pass block for sheet. We're gonna give up high picks for a player who's a so-so pass catcher, a great pure runner and can't pass block only to use him on less than 50% of the snaps cause we need a back who can pass block too.

Look, there's always a price for a player but I don't think it's worth it for what the Colts will want in picks and what Taylor will want in a contract.

But if we could get him for something equivalent to a low 2nd or any 3rd and a really advantageous contract than I'd consider it. Chances are, our 2nd though is not gonna be low, most likely mid round to high 2nd. I don't think that's worth it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think his expectations on salary will be affected by the Colts dangling him. He will get feedback from teams interested in trading for him. If all the offered deals are lower than he wants then he has to decide if he wants out of Indy or whether he wants to hold out for his imaginary number.

If he plays hardball then the Colts are dealing him with lesser value. So I am not sure his rumored demands won't change. And if they change to where the Rams are comfortable we might be in play.
He's no different from Cook, Barkley and all the other RB's who've been talking lately about RB money. He wants to get paid. Reality though is a mother fucker and he like the others might take less on shorter term deals, even that though I wouldn't want to sign him for. Draft running backs and repeat/recycle the trend.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Add to all this that he isn't even healthy, from all indications he isn't rehabbing and we don't know if he'll play or if he does when he'll play. Hell no trading for a hurt running back and paying him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Almost three weeks ago any update? And we can all plan stuff it doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen.

Also I think some people feel I'm anti Taylor. I don't want to pay any vet RB that kind of money and I certainly don't want to trade for one it's not just Taylor.
He’s not allowed to practice, so it’s hard to know. I get the impression that his actual injury at this point is an acute case of paymoreitis.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Can we negotiate something on the sidelines Sunday? Maybe Les could play paper scissors on whether it’s a 4th or 5th? Taylor’s value decreases with each passing week. I wonder if one problem is the quality of a possible comp pick if he doesn’t sign a new contract with the team that acquires him. Unless he does sign a huge deal when a FA the return will be marginal while the outlay for less than one season of play steep if the pick is a 3rd or higher

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s not allowed to practice, so it’s hard to know. I get the impression that his actual injury at this point is an acute case of paymoreitis.
He's allowed to rehab and work at the team facility which he refuses to do. Which hurts people knowing where he is on being healthy or not. So I get his stance but is he helping himself? In any kind of trade talks we have to take his word for it or non team doctors.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If healthy, of course.
You cant sign him until you know he's healthy. He hasnt played in 10 months. I think the only way to acquire him is to trade for him, see how he plays out. After the season they can work on contract and worse case they franchise tag him if he's a long term fit.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
You cant sign him until you know he's healthy. He hasnt played in 10 months. I think the only way to acquire him is to trade for him, see how he plays out. After the season they can work on contract and worse case they franchise tag him if he's a long term fit.
What’s the franchise tag on a RB? I guess the team would be in the same position with Taylor refusing to sign it

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I would imagine, that any deal would be contingent on his health.

I’m just not as high on draft picks as I am on proven talent.
The injury has me concerned as well, but those can happen to any player.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Draft running backs and repeat/recycle the trend.
This looks great on paper.
I’m all for it if we can dig out some talent.

The truth is, however, we have been failing with our RB drafting and Akers wasn’t the 1st one McVay ran out of town.

I’m not saying McVay would like Taylor either, but something has to change.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This looks great on paper.
I’m all for it if we can dig out some talent.

The truth is, however, we have been failing with our RB drafting and Akers wasn’t the 1st one McVay ran out of town.

I’m not saying McVay would like Taylor either, but something has to change.
I don't think we've failed at all with the rb's I think we've failed with our offense and our Offensive line drafting.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Draft running backs and repeat/recycle the trend.
I agree with this and have said it myself on numerous occasions.

But there are always outliers. Taylor might be one if he adjusts his contract demands for LA, the Colts see our offer as the best option, and that offer is not too steep. So it seems unlikely but things might align for us.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'm not understanding the question?
He's an injured RB on the last year of his rookie contract, I dont think he's worth a 2nd round pick particularly one who's potentially a rental

They would for sure have to have a contract signed prior to the trade. It doesn’t make sense not to. With players like Von Miller it made sense, but this team isn’t a Taylor away from a chip, BUT I do believe Taylor could be a key piece when getting back to the promised land