It is Terrible Now but Fine Then

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My HS also had a smoking area, called Hippie Hall. It was closed off by doors and had an outdoor area where kids smoked also. That's where most of the weed purchases were made haha. And where people would meet up to go out in someones car to drive around and get high.

It used to be one of the finest high schools in the nation but I don't know if that's still the case.

The smoking hall was turned into a daycare. I don't know if it still is, but at one time it was.

Oddly only one girl in Jr. High and High School gave birth in the six years I was there.
Shooting blanks?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm afraid to ask...........so asking for a friend. Hahaha.

Throw the football up in the air... whoever gets it has to run for their life because everybody else is coming to give you what is today considered a 15 yard penalty tackle. Once the guy with the ball is smashed... he throws it up in the air for somebody else to take a turn.

Best played with a large group.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Throw the football up in the air... whoever gets it has to run for their life because everybody else is coming to give you what is today considered a 15 yard penalty tackle. Once the guy with the ball is smashed... he throws it up in the air for somebody else to take a turn.

You got it, @Selassie I ! Great game, wasn’t it?

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Delivering papers at age 12 without parental supervision.

I tried to set my boys up with a route back in 2005 when they were around 14 and the city required an adult to go along. So there I was driving the boys around at 5:30am in my SUV. :rolleyes:

Kind of takes away from the experience.
I was 2 months shy of my 12th birthday when I got my paper route. A whole 33 papers to deliver. However, each year it got bigger due to the area I lived in. By the time I quit just before heading off to college I had 179. Kept me in money the throughout High school.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut

We played something like that in 5th grade. We would draw sticks and whoever got the short stick had a 30 second head start. Then everyone else would catch them and punch them for 10 seconds. This was on the playground. Only escape was getting off the playground as in no longer on school property within 30 seconds. Then the sticks were drawn again. Usually a good five rounds every recess. We called the game Kill Kill Kill.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Playing in the neighborhood with friends, all day, without the need to call home and/or check in. Gone in the morning, home by dinner. That's all that was planned. No worries.

And lunch was at someones house, different all the time.

It was life in the neighborhood.

So after a few minutes who the fuck was dumb enough to catch the ball LOL?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@LesBaker the best part of the game was catching the ball and trucking your friends or breaking their ankles with a juke move.

Surprised we never got injured while playing as kids.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
@LesBaker the best part of the game was catching the ball and trucking your friends or breaking their ankles with a juke move.

We used to play football in the street. Two hand touch.

Lamp posts or trees served as end zone lines. The curb was the sideline. It wasn't tackle unless we were playing on grass. But on blacktop plenty of wounds LOL.

Lots of scrapes and bruises.

Oneonethousandtwoonethousandthreeonethousand then the person playing the QB could go after him.

Kids playing a great game..........<sigh>

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
We used to play football in the street. Two hand touch.

Lamp posts or trees served as end zone lines. The curb was the sideline. It wasn't tackle unless we were playing on grass. But on blacktop plenty of wounds LOL.

Lots of scrapes and bruises.

Oneonethousandtwoonethousandthreeonethousand then the person playing the QB could go after him.

Kids playing a great game..........<sigh>
We did that too. Two hand touch could be rough when tackled into parked cars.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sleeping in the back window of the car going down the road

Riding in the back of a pick up truck

Boy Scouts commercials

Lawn darts

Clackers

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Lawn darts

Still available online.

We called them Jarts back then.

I don't understand how so many people got hurt by these. If you were dumb enough to stand near the circle yeah it might go through your foot.

I loved playing Jarts.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Sleeping in the back window of the car going down the road

Riding in the back of a pick up truck

Boy Scouts commercials

Lawn darts

Clackers
Yes Jarts! Everyone at that time knew that was f'd up.:rolllaugh: Clackers sounds familiar but I can't remember what they were.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Remember steel taps on the shoes? School would always get pissed when the gym floor was scraped up. Put tile in the hallways because of it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We also all carried pocket knives.
It was just part of being a kid.
We never even thought to use them as a weapon

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
And lunch was at someones house, different all the time.

It was life in the neighborhood.

So after a few minutes who the freak was dumb enough to catch the ball LOL?
oh no, Les. It was fun getting the ball. ‘Course, it was easy being tough when everyone weighed 65 pounds.(n)

We were invincible! I remember skateboarding down the steep hill in Belmont with my brother. No rules.
We did that too. Two hand touch could be rough when tackled into parked cars.

Amen to that.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
We also all carried pocket knives.
It was just part of being a kid.
We never even thought to use them as a weapon
So true. My favorites were a Boy Scout knife that I would take to eat lunch with and a USMC pocket knife from WW2.