It is Terrible Now but Fine Then

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My uncle was a manager at Busch Gardens when I was a kid. They would allow kids to sample a beer with their parents’ permission. It was a little Budweiser cup - probably about 2oz.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
LOL look what I found.........the British version of the game you are talking about.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
My home town.
Yes for those of us close to a bridge over the Mississippi. Dupo, IL must have had 8 package beer stores back then. Then Columbia, IL had a few taverns too. I remember a small tavern there (that was still there 10 years ago) where my friend and I spent the afternoon drinking 35 cents Buds. It had three fairly tall stone steps up from the sidewalk. When we left I missed all three. Never felt a thing. Went straight to ball practice. Oh to be young and stupid rather than old and stupid.;)

Oldgeek

Name
Steve
I had to walk 10 miles to school, the worst part was the big T-Rex at the 5 mile mark. Sorry blue font

Oldgeek

Name
Steve
Lots of tackle football with no gear so we usually played until there was a broken arm or collar bone

Oldgeek

Name
Steve
Back in the 1960's we would drive to E St Louis and had a bum go into the bar and buy our beer. Two bucks is all he wanted. I looked 13 when I was 17 so that was the best way to get beer .Margaret's was always asking for an I'd.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Lots of tackle football with no gear so we usually played until there was a broken arm or collar bone
Back in the 1960's we would drive to E St Louis and had a bum go into the bar and buy our beer. Two bucks is all he wanted. I looked 13 when I was 17 so that was the best way to get beer .Margaret's was always asking for an I'd.
My beer buying days in Dupo were 1977-79 and Margaret's never disappointed. When Margaret's was closed we would go up to a small concrete block building in E.StL that was all by itself surrounded by empty lots from buildings burned down. There was only a bullet proof window to walk up to and a mic to speak into for your order. A big steel drawer opened to put your money in and drawer closed then opened again with your beer and change. Was always appreciative of Margaret's!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

I tore my MCL playing park football. The other team said they win if I quit, so I played on. After we scored to tie the game I said next TD wins. I picked off their 1st pass and returned for the win. Then couldnt even pedal my bicycle home, my mom thought I was faking and made me go to school, no Dr visit. Found out 16 yrs later when my knee was MRI'd that I had torn my MCL at some point in time due to the scar tissue. I knew was fucked up when I saw the inside of my knee hit the ground before any other part of my body.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My how things have changed. Especially involving safety. What do you remember from your childhood? Examples please.

Here's a baby in an overhead cradle on an airplane in the early 1950s. I wonder if it was water tight?

48172e5fe5f554c0db184eb341b731a8.jpg

composite-newbaby-landscape.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Playing in the neighborhood with friends, all day, without the need to call home and/or check in. Gone in the morning, home by dinner. That's all that was planned. No worries.

Yep, I remember my Nana in the summer... I knew she was taking me with her on her errands if he put out an outfit for me.

Otherwise, it was eat breakfast and a quick boot outside with an "don't come back 'til dinner. And don't be late" I didn't have a watch...and I was never late for dinner...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was early 1970's Southern California, especially in summer. This was when a lucky family MIGHT have had a window unit A/C unit, and everyone else opened their windows and relied on fans/screen doors.

Mom would order us out of the house because we'd get on her nerves, I guess. She didn't have to tell me to do it becuase I could be in some sort of ball game within 15 minutes and it would last until dark. Mother's would scream kids names when dinner was ready, and my Mom would say "I better not have to yell, twice..." I bet that doesn't exist in America so much anymore...