Is Stefen Wisniewski still available?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
More good news:

@ADJSports: NFL: Former Atlanta Falcons G Justin Blalock is expected to visit the Detroit Lions today.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
....!!! This team or any team for that matter can not win without an offensive line! What is Snead doing?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Either the Rams are sticking to their money numbers (which isn't dumb, btw) ....

... Or their targets want to play for winners and aren't seeing that here.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Either the Rams are sticking to their money numbers (which isn't dumb, btw) ....

... Or their targets want to play for winners and aren't seeing that here.
Another problem is that players might see Fisher as a lame duck coach. I mean let's face it, if he doesn't do well this year, he very well might be fired. And when coaches get fired, players get cut

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It would certainly be tougher recruiting this year than in the past - even though the truth is, we are probably closer now than we were then.

BadCompany

Rookie
For the love of god, we need offensive linemen. If the second overall struggles to get used to the NFL game (normal) then how can we possible plug in two, if not three rookies into the line and expect success??

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The rams have two guys that have never played center in the nfl and rhaney couldnt even practice all year. There is no way that those two are the solution or draft another guy who has never played in the nfl. That is a ton of inexperience at such an important position.

NFL teams play rookie Centers every year. Green Bay was very happy with Corey Linsley from Ohio State last year. There were a few rookie centers this year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For the love of god, we need offensive linemen. If the second overall struggles to get used to the NFL game (normal) then how can we possible plug in two, if not three rookies into the line and expect success??

I think you are overlooking that Greg Robinson was selected number 2 because of his potential, not his experience. Everyone knew Robinson idn't have to do much pass protection in college and was going to be learning on the job in the NFL. That isn't usually the case, especially with Guards.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I want to hear by the end of this today that the Rams have signed Britt, Blalock, Wisniewski, Barksdale.
I just hope signing Kendricks has not prevented the Rams from being able to sign the other four.
Britt is a must sign.

V3

Hall of Fame
Another problem is that players might see Fisher as a lame duck coach. I mean let's face it, if he doesn't do well this year, he very well might be fired. And when coaches get fired, players get cut
I think he gets another year after this even if he has another bad year. Kroenke hired him partly because of the way he handled the Oilers move to Tennessee. After the move all bets are off.

V3

Hall of Fame
NFL teams play rookie Centers every year. Green Bay was very happy with Corey Linsley from Ohio State last year. There were a few rookie centers this year.
Having a bunch of new players on the line and at QB that will have to learn the offense and also adjust to being a rookie isn't a good idea. You can get away with rookie centers when you have stability at QB like GB did.

Irish

Starter
I would feel better about not getting these guys if the Rams' drafting record under Snisher in regards to OL was better, but to be honest, it hasn't been very good at all.

Greg Robinson not withstanding, the Rams have drafted:

Rhaney
Jones
Watkins

The have supplemented this with a cavalcade of washed up and oft injured players in FA like Wells, Joseph, Long, Dahl, etc. For whatever reason, Offensive line hasn't been a priority for this regime, and really any regime since the GSOT, and that singular reason is, in my opinion, why Sam Bradford was traded the other day. Especially considering the bounty of picks they had to work with from the RGIII trade, it really is the most head scratching of all of the things about this front office

Irish

Starter
I think he gets another year after this even if he has another bad year. Kroenke hired him partly because of the way he handled the Oilers move to Tennessee. After the move all bets are off.
You don't know that any more than I do. That is conjecture that fits a narrative spun by media types with nothing to write about. Kroenke threw money at Fisher because they needed a friggin coach and he was one of the best available at the time.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Honestly, I had Wisniewski pegged to Seattle ever since the Graham-Unger trade. Depending on the asking price, I doubt I'll be upset. I don't like having a question mark at center, but Wisniewski's best seasons were at guard and I still think someone might overpay.

Blalock not signing here would surprise me though. And can we go ahead and lock up Barks already?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Having a bunch of new players on the line and at QB that will have to learn the offense and also adjust to being a rookie isn't a good idea. You can get away with rookie centers when you have stability at QB like GB did.

The Rams may have no choice. I'd prefer at least one vet get signed. Then there would only be two rookies on the line. But rookie Olinemen have played well in the past even on bad teams. It is all about good draft evaluations.

iced

Even though Fish said he didn't want to go through that again with another team

V3

Hall of Fame
You don't know that any more than I do. That is conjecture that fits a narrative spun by media types with nothing to write about. Kroenke threw money at Fisher because they needed a friggin coach and he was one of the best available at the time.
I think it definitely played a part.

I'm a stl guy. I don't want them to move but everything Kroenke has done had been calculated. JMO.

V3

Hall of Fame
Even though Fish said he didn't want to go through that again with another team
I said it a couple weeks ago, I don't believe a single word out of his mouth. He also may not want to do it but have to do it anyway. It's Kroenke's team.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Growing tired of this fact, but it does factor in.
I think its pretty overblown really. They pay the state tax during road games (outside of Florida) and its not like they don't pay Federal which is the big one

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@MikeGarafolo: C Stefen Wisniewski headed to Seattle for a visit. Seahawks dealt Max Unger yesterday as part of a trade. You might've heard about it.
Yikes.
Maybe he'll stop off in St Louis, its on the way and all