Is Stefen Wisniewski still available?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
@BonifayRam Wisniewski is a good guy. He was a team leader in college and well liked by coaches. He was willing to play wherever they wanted him to. He wants 4 mil coming off shoulder surgery. That is the sticking point.

I still contest that Barret Jones simply was not good enough to beat out Wells. If Fisher simply refused to play him or his doctors forbid it then Jones would have been a game day scratch each week. JT said recently that Jones still was not able to get as strong as the coaches want. Until I see him starting, I won't believe he can.
Back surgeries and lifting heavy weights as I use to be fanatical about are just not compatible.Pain tolerance is one thing but we don't want Jones hooked on meds either. He's too smart for that. If it was a bad surgery he may never play pro ball. Good doctors can have bad results as everyone responds differently to having that much done. I've had more back surgeries than I care to remember with spinal cord implants and then upgraded battery surgery till I had it all taken out. Did'nt wanna die on an MRI table with all that metal in me. They now have a new one made of Tungsten that is okay for MRI's. Mine was a dinosaur cutting edge and things moved fast in that area.

I believe this could be his last effort in camp. I just may start praying for him. He probably needs it. Sometimes the hardest work is the only thing that gets you through and a person that can bare that much pain is a true Warrior. Especially if done naturally. You better know JESUS personally.
Sorry to hear Wis is having Labrum surgery recovery. Thats a whole nuther can of worms to look deep into. WOW! Snead already pulled one rabbit out of his hat with Reynolds. Think the well is dry but old vets now. May wait till after draft possibly. Sheesh. Go Barrett give it your best shot man.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Back surgeries and lifting heavy weights as I use to be fanatical about are just not compatible.Pain tolerance is one thing but we don't want Jones hooked on meds either. He's too smart for that. If it was a bad surgery he may never play pro ball. Good doctors can have bad results as everyone responds differently to having that much done. I've had more back surgeries than I care to remember with spinal cord implants and then upgraded battery surgery till I had it all taken out. Did'nt wanna die on an MRI table with all that metal in me. They now have a new one made of Tungsten that is okay for MRI's. Mine was a dinosaur cutting edge and things moved fast in that area.

I believe this could be his last effort in camp. I just may start praying for him. He probably needs it. Sometimes the hardest work is the only thing that gets you through and a person that can bare that much pain is a true Warrior. Especially if done naturally. You better know JESUS personally.
Sorry to hear Wis is having Labrum surgery recovery. Thats a whole nuther can of worms to look deep into. WOW! Snead already pulled one rabbit out of his hat with Reynolds. Think the well is dry but old vets now. May wait till after draft possibly. Sheesh. Go Barrett give it your best shot man.

I have four neck vertebrae fused to my skull with titanium rods. I know pain and I know rehabbing from injuries well. Jones' Lis Franc injury was enough for me not to draft him. It can ruin careers. The Lis Franc injury could easily be the reason for the back injury. If Jones was not 100% recovered from it, his gate could have been off balance or he could have just been favoring one foot while lifting heavy weight. I never liked the pick to begin with and was surprised the Rams made it with their distaste for injured players. I have been calling that pick a miss all along. And with the trouble he has had so far on top of not being able to gain good weight/strength does not bode well for him. He should quit while he is ahead. He can still walk and live a normal life. Adding weight and playing a sport that is so hard on the body is the last thing he needs.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I want no parts of Barksdale. He is really overrated by most rams fans from what I see, he's mediocre at best. Also from what I heard Wiz isn't that good in pass protection neither is Barksdale. Then u have Robinson who we don't know if he's improved . Ya trying to get Foles hurt

Again, if those guys aren't good enough, where are the mystery guys who are? All rookies?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I have four neck vertebrae fused to my skull with titanium rods. I know pain and I know rehabbing from injuries well. Jones' Lis Franc injury was enough for me not to draft him. It can ruin careers. The Lis Franc injury could easily be the reason for the back injury. If Jones was not 100% recovered from it, his gate could have been off balance or he could have just been favoring one foot while lifting heavy weight. I never liked the pick to begin with and was surprised the Rams made it with their distaste for injured players. I have been calling that pick a miss all along. And with the trouble he has had so far on top of not being able to gain good weight/strength does not bode well for him. He should quit while he is ahead. He can still walk and live a normal life. Adding weight and playing a sport that is so hard on the body is the last thing he needs.
They wanted, who I wanted with that pick, but he went a couple picks before.... David Bakhtiari. If I had a farm, I'd bet it on that. They admitted they were targeting someone, and lost him. Jones, was the next best OL on their board probably. There was only one other lineman picked later in that round, and then, not until pick 156 in the 5th. Both od those players are backups too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

You could be correct about Bakhtiari and he turned out to be a pretty good 4th round pick btw. I thought it was the Center Brian Schwenke.

Another guy that they supposedly liked was Shamarko Thomas who is a SS that went two picks before the Rams choice. He would fit that same mold as Mo Alexander and Mark Barron. He could have been the guy they were targeting.

The guy I wanted them to take was Kaseem Greene. He hasn't really produced like I thought he would be he starts, which is more than you can say for Jones and he is a decent LBer. Would be good depth at the very least.

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You could be correct about Bakhtiari and he turned out to be a pretty good 4th round pick btw. I thought it was the Center Brian Schwenke.

Another guy that they supposedly liked was Shamarko Thomas who is a SS that went two picks before the Rams choice. He would fit that same mold as Mo Alexander and Mark Barron. He could have been the guy they were targeting.

The guy I wanted them to take was Kaseem Greene. He hasn't really produced like I thought he would be he starts, which is more than you can say for Jones and he is a decent LBer. Would be good depth at the very least.
They had already picked T.J. in the same draft though. Is Schwenke playing?

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
With a name like Shamarko it has to be good. (R)

I kept watching Pierre Desir cornerback Lindenwood University fall and fall and wanting us to pick him. Browns selected him in the 4th.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I thought it was the Center Brian Schwenke.
Me too...Liked him after his combine and watched a lil film. @DR RAM he's starting for the Titans....They have Warmack, Lewan, that bigtime FA guard (name escapes me) & Schwenke...The just need a RT, who I think they'll get off their injured reserve or the draft...Pretty nice (on paper) O-Line.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Me too...Liked him after his combine and watched a lil film. @DR RAM he's starting for the Titans....They have Warmack, Lewan, that bigtime FA guard (name escapes me) & Schwenke...The just need a RT, who I think they'll get off their injured reserve or the draft...Pretty nice (on paper) O-Line.
I don't watch the Titans much, or at all really, but I knew, and saw Schwenke play at Cal. He was one of the top Center prospects that year, but I thought we were looking more G/OT. Thanks!

I'd still bet the farm on D. Bakhtiari(y) If I had one. Good for Brian, though. In any case, they'd both be better than what we don't know of Jones. I liked Tretter too, who went later.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They had already picked T.J. in the same draft though. Is Schwenke playing?

Yeah they already took TJ but a year later they get two more like him. Plus they often double up on positions when they draft. I know they worked Thomas out so they had some interest. I really would have preferred Schwenke because Wells was already on the downside.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah they already took TJ but a year later they get two more like him. Plus they often double up on positions when they draft. I know they worked Thomas out so they had some interest. I really would have preferred Schwenke because Wells was already on the downside.
Totally understand. The OT was the best OT on the board, by a mile, for me. I thought he was a steal at that point. I like the way GB drafts. Well's, wow, don't know what to say there, but we've never got out of him what we expected, and that has been disappointing. Jones has been disappointing, Rhaney getting hurt has been disappointing. That is a clear need for us.