Is Stefen Wisniewski still available?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wiz had issues in pass pro.

I REALLY think that the Snisher either like what we have or are spying a late cut... Or both.

I think the more important addition is an OG and resigning Barks.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Fuck off, Seattle? I'd like to be optimistic but he's not leaving that place without a SIGNED contract. It's a dream scenario for the guy. One of the top teams in the league with a glaring need at center. If he signs, it'll be like the saints just gave the hawks Jimmy Graham free of charge. Actually, they will have upgraded at center. FML.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well, the 2013 Wells...

Another reason I think the Snisher may like who we have as much as FA or at least enough to not go chasing folks in FA.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Snead probably set a number and it is lower than Wiz wants. I recall Snead talking about free agency a while back and saying that is how you have to approach it or you lose. He is the same with draft picks. Set your own value and dont move far from it.

They could figure Rhaney is more athletic and will roll with him on the cheap. Rhaney had very high SPARQ scores for a lineman. He is a bit raw though.

Or draft a center. They may be able to get Erving or Cann round two or Galik round 3 r Garcia round 4. There is still other options that would be cheaper than overpaying a FA.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He's definitely much better than Wells, just not much better than average imo.

That's fair lol

We dont need to over pay for this guy. Problem is the interior guys in this draft aren't flooring anybody, very meh.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I keep saying that the Rams probably like what they have in the building pretty well which is why they aren't chasing FA C.

Seattle clearly had to address the position after losing Unger and so they're bringing in the best guy left.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
freak off, Seattle? I'd like to be optimistic but he's not leaving that place without a SIGNED contract. It's a dream scenario for the guy. One of the top teams in the league with a glaring need at center. If he signs, it'll be like the saints just gave the hawks Jimmy Graham free of charge. Actually, they will have upgraded at center. FML.
Donald and Brockers will tear him a new ass twice a year.
We may be better off in the draft finding our new center.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seattle clearly had to address the position after losing Unger and so they're bringing in the best guy left.
Except they created that need by trading him - correct? So did they already have Wiz in the works and Wiz went to Tampon to feel out the market or is this just a trip to meet with Seattle. Either way, I'm not panicking and agree that the Rams would only swing hard at an obvious upgrade over what they already have. We'll see but we may be better off with guys who know the schemes and assignments but just needed seasoning and now are ready to play.

I have a hard time worshipping too many FAs after how many of them I have seen just plain not pay off with these high profile deals. Wiz may not be all that high profile but he still will command pretty big bucks and have to learn a new system as the on field director of the O-line. Let him call the line against Williams' defense.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
How does Seattle have so much cap room?
I know right?
From what i'm looking at Jimmy Graham's cap hit this season is $8 mill. He also has a $5 mill bonus due this year.
Lynch's cap number is $8.5 mill.
Sherman's cap hit is $12.2 mill
E.Thomas is at $7.4 mill
K. Chance is at $5.6 mill

They still need to pay Wilson. Are they going to break the bank on a Center now too?

It's a traveshamockery.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well they've lost a ton of defensive depth...I think that finally hits then this year.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Snead probably set a number and it is lower than Wiz wants. I recall Snead talking about free agency a while back and saying that is how you have to approach it or you lose. He is the same with draft picks. Set your own value and dont move far from it.

They could figure Rhaney is more athletic and will roll with him on the cheap. Rhaney had very high SPARQ scores for a lineman. He is a bit raw though.

Or draft a center. They may be able to get Erving or Cann round two or Galik round 3 r Garcia round 4. There is still other options that would be cheaper than overpaying a FA.
The rams have two guys that have never played center in the nfl and rhaney couldnt even practice all year. There is no way that those two are the solution or draft another guy who has never played in the nfl. That is a ton of inexperience at such an important position.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I know right?
From what i'm looking at Jimmy Graham's cap hit this season is $8 mill. He also has a $5 mill bonus due this year.
Lynch's cap number is $8.5 mill.
Sherman's cap hit is $12.2 mill
E.Thomas is at $7.4 mill
K. Chance is at $5.6 mill

They still need to pay Wilson. Are they going to break the bank on a Center now too?

It's a traveshamockery.
Still have to pay Wagner too.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
No facts here, just purely speculation on my part, but the fact that we haven't even invited Wisniewski in for a visit when there is such a seemingly glaring hole and we have so much cap room tells me that the Rams either have a lot of faith in Jones/Rhaney or that they have someone in mind who they plan to draft