I’m done flip-flopping…bring back OBJ

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gogoat1

Starter
Name
Troy
Who was The Rams RT back then.

Miller was solid & went to the Superbowl after The Rams ?. The Tuckers. The doughnuts. Duck Vermelu put a solid O”Line together. Mad Mike relied on Warner.

Harah, Mack, Smith were all good Centers. I’ll always be a Blythe & Sullivan fan.They were both very smart. IMO both Shelton & Allen we’re hand me downs from them.

Irv - - Mike Fanning was who ? There was always a Smith somewhere? I like A’Jackson.
Martz started Rod Jones instead of Tucker in the 2001 SB and it cost us the game. On Warners pick 6 The DE blew around Jones and punched Warner in the throat for the INT.
Blythe an Sullivan, please.
Rich Saul was the man. Made 6 pro Bowls in a row. Beats those guys hands down.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
With the patching we need to do, including patching up our salary cap, a high dollar WR like Beckham feels out of reach.

If there was a way to trade A. Robinson’s salary for Beckham, I’d be all for it. But his contract looks locked in for 2023.

oldnotdead

Legend
OBJ's knees are shot so it's a waste of cap dollars. It's why he won't sign for a full season though he wants full season money. His knees won't hold up. The huge red flag is he has refused to take a med exam when it's a condition of signing a new contract.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
With the patching we need to do, including patching up our salary cap, a high dollar WR like Beckham feels out of reach.

If there was a way to trade A. Robinson’s salary for Beckham, I’d be all for it. But his contract looks locked in for 2023.
I think you’re underscoring both A’Robinsons. Resign A’ Robinson.

Allen Robinson will be fine. He showed a lot before getting hurt IMO. There will be much more consistency once The Rams start putting more pieces to the puzzle.

OBJ was electric & what he did for The Rams was very much appreciated. Mcvay will know what’s best.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OBJ's knees are shot so it's a waste of cap dollars. It's why he won't sign for a full season though he wants full season money. His knees won't hold up. The huge red flag is he has refused to take a med exam when it's a condition of signing a new contract.
If you are, in fact, his doctor, you are violating HIPAA.

If not, you’re just making assumptions and expressing opinions.

That is, of course, your right… but you could be wrong.

oldnotdead

Legend
OBJ refused to take a physical when he joined the Rams and look what happened. Everyone assumes it was a botched repair job but having worked years in SICU and knowing many surgeons for years, I have sincerely doubted the claim that the surgery was botched.

OBJ has been unsigned because he has continued to steadfastly refused to allow a pre-contract physical. There could only be one reason for that. His career is over and any team willing to sign him does so at considerable risk. Why do you think he's a drunk now, getting booted off of flights? Why do you think he made the announcement he doesn't want to play in the regular season? If not for Stafford and Kupp the Rams don't win that Lombardi. Remember OBJ's knee blewout non contact. That is a huge red flag.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
OBJ refused to take a physical when he joined the Rams and look what happened. Everyone assumes it was a botched repair job but having worked years in SICU and knowing many surgeons for years, I have sincerely doubted the claim that the surgery was botched.

OBJ has been unsigned because he has continued to steadfastly refused to allow a pre-contract physical. There could only be one reason for that. His career is over and any team willing to sign him does so at considerable risk. Why do you think he's a drunk now, getting booted off of flights? Why do you think he made the announcement he doesn't want to play in the regular season? If not for Stafford and Kupp the Rams don't win that Lombardi. Remember OBJ's knee blewout non contact. That is a huge red flag.
That’s why a physical would be a prerequisite to re-signing him.

Last edited:

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope no one signs him. Then he's all but guaranteed to come back on a cheap deal.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Agree Fully!

You could have 6 All Pro Wide Outs in your WR unit but without average OL you never get the ball out to them.

Please! where is the Orgs priorities here?

The team has a super costly, immobile pocket passer, older worn-down & just spent half the season on the injured Reserve QB & we want McVay to spend funds on an aging often injured damaged wideout.

I’m not so sure what we saw of Allen Robinson and Stafford is what we will get next season. Stafford had very little off-season to get any kind of chemistry with him. There were many times that Stafford didn’t look at an open Robinson, due to pressure allowed by an injured Oline.

Fix the line and ARob will be fine.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
I think you’re underscoring both A’Robinsons. Resign A’ Robinson.

Allen Robinson will be fine. He showed a lot before getting hurt IMO. There will be much more consistency once The Rams start putting more pieces to the puzzle.

OBJ was electric & what he did for The Rams was very much appreciated. Mcvay will know what’s best.
Allen Robinson stats the last two years.

CHI -- 2021 12 games played, 11 started with 38 catches for 410 yards and 1 td.
Rams 2022 10 games played, 10 started with 33 catches for 339 yards and 3 td's

2023 will be his 10th season

Perhaps the poorest FA signing of the McVay era as he has produced Drew Bennet like numbers the last two years.

I'd hope we'd be moving on and not imagining there is some sort of "vast hidden potential" there.

Psycho_X

Legend
I’m not so sure what we saw of Allen Robinson and Stafford is what we will get next season. Stafford had very little off-season to get any kind of chemistry with him. There were many times that Stafford didn’t look at an open Robinson, due to pressure allowed by an injured Oline.

Fix the line and ARob will be fine.

Agree with this, I remember seeing several videos of Robinson getting open a lot last year but our QBs were running for their lives or getting destroyed. Robinson isn't the player he once was, no one is after 10 years, but I think he can be another 800-1100 yard receiver and a touchdown machine in redzone if we tighten up our line play. It really sucks he got injured because it would have been nice to see him the back half of season when the line finally stabilized a little and wasn't atrocious and we got Baker.

Either way, I don't see how we sign OBJ unless it's a friendly deal. Robinson has a $26 million dead cap hit if we cut him this offseason with an out after 2023 so he'll be here for at least one more season. Van Jefferson is on a contract year and Skow/Tutu both showed some improvement last year. So many other players I'd rather spend the cap money on.

nighttrain

Legend

Perhaps the poorest FA signing of the McVay era as he has produced Drew Bennet like numbers the last two years.

I'd hope we'd be moving on and not imagining there is some sort of "vast hidden potential" there.
why did we trade Woods? Unless it was his Hearts desire it was such a bonehead move. Even if it was his wish, should made him an offer he couldn't refuse!
train

train

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another hot take eh? Where do you come up with this stuff??
OBJ most certainly took a physical before joining the Rams last year as a mid season free agent.
"Odell Beckham Jr. showed up mid-day on Friday and took his physical with his new team, the Los Angeles Rams. He watched practice on Friday, participated in practice and the walk-through Saturday and now is considered likely to play Monday against the San Francisco 49ers, sources say."
"FRISCO - An early aspect of the Dallas Cowboys’ courtship of Odell Beckham Jr. is basic and essential: He is in DFW today and is undergoing a physical exam."

And then....

"Cowboys second-guessing Odell Beckham Jr signing after worrying physical, no workout"

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

WOW - good call if the numbers are close.I though Kendrick handled him well in training camp.So my hope & prayers are for both player’s improvement.
I think both players can have solid seasons & are good people.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
why did we trade Woods? Unless it was his Hearts desire it was such a bonehead move. Even if it was his wish, should made him an offer he couldn't refuse!
train

train

Rams signed receiver Allen Robinson in free agency, Woods became expendable. Woods was coming off ACL surgery & was due a $10 million base salary in 2022.

Rams had one of the slowest WR groups in the NFL this season

1fb8f98e522e4930a43e69d2edd52786.jpg

Cameron DaSilva /February 2, 2023

The Rams receiving corps has undergone countless changes over the last six years, with players such as Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Brandin Cooks and DeSean Jackson coming and going. The group Los Angeles fielded this past season was an underwhelming one, even with Cooper Kupp leading the way.

Allen Robinson was a major disappointment after signing in free agency, Tutu Atwell wasn’t nearly consistent enough, Van Jefferson was hurt and Ben Skowronek is more of a blocker than receiver. Collectively, it was one of the slowest receiving groups in the NFL, too.

ccording to Arjun Menon of Pro Football Focus, the Rams’ wide receivers were the fourth-slowest in football based on average 40-yard-dash time weighted by routes run. In other words, the players who ran the most routes were weighted more heavily.

The Giants had the slowest group of receivers, with an average time of almost 4.6 seconds. The Seahawks had the fastest group, boasting a weighted average of about 4.37 seconds.

View: https://twitter.com/arjunmenon100/status/1620116622974529536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1620132192423919616%7Ctwgr%5Ef4d98407631a2e3965dfe4262ba13a217464e059%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheramswire.usatoday.com%2F2023%2F02%2F02%2Frams-wide-receivers-speed-slow-nfl%2F

No one will confuse Kupp or Robinson for speed receivers. The same goes for Skowronek. Atwell and Jefferson do have some speed to burn, though.

It’s just that they didn’t run nearly as many routes as someone like Kupp this season, so their speeds were weighted less in this exercise. Even with everyone healthy, the Rams could use some more speed at wide receiver in 2023.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
For his first year in the system with no preseason reps with his first of 3 QBs, Robinson caught most of what was thrown his way. Can’t find numbers on drops.

1675352796078.png

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

Rams had one of the slowest WR groups in the NFL this season​

1fb8f98e522e4930a43e69d2edd52786.jpg

Cameron DaSilva /February 2, 2023

The Rams receiving corps has undergone countless changes over the last six years, with players such as Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Brandin Cooks and DeSean Jackson coming and going. The group Los Angeles fielded this past season was an underwhelming one, even with Cooper Kupp leading the way.

Allen Robinson was a major disappointment after signing in free agency, Tutu Atwell wasn’t nearly consistent enough, Van Jefferson was hurt and Ben Skowronek is more of a blocker than receiver. Collectively, it was one of the slowest receiving groups in the NFL, too.

ccording to Arjun Menon of Pro Football Focus, the Rams’ wide receivers were the fourth-slowest in football based on average 40-yard-dash time weighted by routes run. In other words, the players who ran the most routes were weighted more heavily.

The Giants had the slowest group of receivers, with an average time of almost 4.6 seconds. The Seahawks had the fastest group, boasting a weighted average of about 4.37 seconds.

View: https://twitter.com/arjunmenon100/status/1620116622974529536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1620132192423919616%7Ctwgr%5Ef4d98407631a2e3965dfe4262ba13a217464e059%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheramswire.usatoday.com%2F2023%2F02%2F02%2Frams-wide-receivers-speed-slow-nfl%2F

No one will confuse Kupp or Robinson for speed receivers. The same goes for Skowronek. Atwell and Jefferson do have some speed to burn, though.

It’s just that they didn’t run nearly as many routes as someone like Kupp this season, so their speeds were weighted less in this exercise. Even with everyone healthy, the Rams could use some more speed at wide receiver in 2023.

It’s a good thing we never needed Cooper Kupp to get deep for a 70 yard TD or a 44 yard completion to set up a FG in a playoff game. He’s too slow to do that.