How about a draft crush megathread/tracker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
New draft crush. Hyper athletic edge. If you're in the "edge is #1 priority" group you may like him

View: https://youtu.be/n4Q2-5NwRTI

Nice stats. 2019 full season
3 FF
14.5 tackles for loss
8 sacks

very long arms and plays fast. He looks like he has some great potential.

Im all about a Center early but I wouldn’t be disappointed with this pick.

Here is a draft profile on Edge rushers. It does t sound like he’d be a second rounder which would be great for the Rams. His main weakness is strength.

He’d make a good thitd

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Edge, WR, and OT seem loaded early on. All of which loom as our needs. Imagine that lol.

I'd feel a lot better if they'd sign a slot corner though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good lord if these numbers coming out of Penn St pro day they should all be our draft crushes. An edge and ILB running 4.35 40 times is insane. If they can be believed that is, you’ll likely have to add .1 to them.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice stats. 2019 full season
3 FF
14.5 tackles for loss
8 sacks

very long arms and plays fast. He looks like he has some great potential.

Im all about a Center early but I wouldn’t be disappointed with this pick.

Here is a draft profile on Edge rushers. It does t sound like he’d be a second rounder which would be great for the Rams. His main weakness is strength.

He’d make a good thitd
yeah and admittedly he's a little raw and needs some time to adjust to bigger competition. But I feel like we're not completely void at the edge position so to take a risk on somebody like that in the third round would probably be just what we need. Let obo and Lewis man that position and let Smith come along slowly just in case we have to cut Floyd in two years.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good lord if these numbers coming out of Penn St pro day they should all be our draft crushes. An edge and ILB running 4.35 40 times is insane. If they can be believed that is, you’ll likely have to add .1 to them.
I really like oweh too. I hope this doesn't push him out of our range

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Edge, WR, and OT seem loaded early on. All of which loom as our needs. Imagine that lol.

I'd feel a lot better if they'd sign a slot corner though.
I feel like they're going to use Burgess as the nickel basically He's going to be the safety that comes down and defends slot receivers and running backs and tight ends on third down I think.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
yeah and admittedly he's a little raw and needs some time to adjust to bigger competition. But I feel like we're not completely void at the edge position so to take a risk on somebody like that in the third round would probably be just what we need. Let obo and Lewis man that position and let Smith come along slowly just in case we have to cut Floyd in two years.

Smith also had a credit card fraud charge at Florida before transferring to UAB. I've had him in a few mocks myself (along with Dayo Odeyingbo of Vanderbilt, Malcolm Koonce of Buffalo, and Chris Rumph II of Duke), but I think that he'd be there in the third. Then again, Willie Gay got drafted in the second round by the Chiefs, so I don't know how much that charge and his overall rawness will drop him.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Smith also had a credit card fraud charge at Florida before transferring to UAB. I've had him in a few mocks myself (along with Dayo Odeyingbo of Vanderbilt, Malcolm Koonce of Buffalo, and Chris Rumph II of Duke), but I think that he'd be there in the third. Then again, Willie Gay got drafted in the second round by the Chiefs, so I don't know how much that charge and his overall rawness will drop him.
Doesn't move the needle for me. Hopefully it does for everyone but the rams

Memento

Name
Jemma
Doesn't move the needle for me. Hopefully it does for everyone but the rams

Doesn't move the needle for me either. It's not a Jamar Hornsby situation where he stole the credit card off a dead person and used it (at least, not to my knowledge), so I honestly don't care.

I'd love for the Rams to get Smith, but I'd only go for the third round because of how sushi-raw he is.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

He sounds a lot like Jason Oweh from Penn State. He's rated as a first round pic. He wanted to play basketball but when he realized it wouldn't happen switched to football. Oweh is very fast and has great bend around the corner and strength. But he hasn't been playing long and doesn't vary his pass rush or know how to set Olinemen up. He's very raw for a first round pick imo. Smith would be a goid comp pick in round 3.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Yeah this could keep down on the boards. KC has had success taking criminals in recent years. Tyreke Hill shouldn't even be in the league imo.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He sounds a lot like Jason Oweh from Penn State. He's rated as a first round pic. He wanted to play basketball but when he realized it wouldn't happen switched to football. Oweh is very fast and has great bend around the corner and strength. But he hasn't been playing long and doesn't vary his pass rush or know how to set Olinemen up. He's very raw for a first round pick imo. Smith would be a goid comp pick in round 3.
I'd love a draft of oweh, dyami, and smith.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NEWS ALERT: rams met with Auburn wide receiver Anthony Schwartz. (If you want speed you're going to be in love with this guy. He's DeSean Jackson all over again.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’m all about the OL for this draft. My new favorite target is Kendrick Green for Illinois. Recruited as a DL. Big, Mean and tough. Guard but played a little center and looks like he can be a possibility for either in the NFL. If we don’t hit on Creed at 57 and Myers is gone in the 3rd when we select- this is my guy. Either him or Meinerz at 103 is great for a developmental OC who can play guard as well (maybe year 1).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’m all about the OL for this draft. My new favorite target is Kendrick Green for Illinois. Recruited as a DL. Big, Mean and tough. Guard but played a little center and looks like he can be a possibility for either in the NFL. If we don’t hit on Creed at 57 and Myers is gone in the 3rd when we select- this is my guy. Either him or Meinerz at 103 is great for a developmental OC who can play guard as well (maybe year 1).

I’ve warmed to Green also

Memento

Name
Jemma
Jaelon Darden ran a 4.46 (4.4 flat in some publications), but he impressed in his Pro Day. Yes, he's only 5'7", 174 lbs., but I honestly couldn't care less; he's lightning-quick, catches everything thrown his way, is an outstanding route runner, knows how to return punts and kicks, and had an excellent vertical and broad jump for his small stature.

I want him in the fourth round, I really do. I won't ask for anyone else.

Oh, and Michael Strachan ran a 4.46 at 6'5", 225 lbs. I want him, too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jaelon Darden ran a 4.46 (4.4 flat in some publications), but he impressed in his Pro Day. Yes, he's only 5'7", 174 lbs., but I honestly couldn't care less; he's lightning-quick, catches everything thrown his way, is an outstanding route runner, knows how to return punts and kicks, and had an excellent vertical and broad jump for his small stature.

I want him in the fourth round, I really do. I won't ask for anyone else.

Oh, and Michael Strachan ran a 4.46 at 6'5", 225 lbs. I want him, too.

Tavon 2.0? Those little guys can get pushed around too easily for my liking. The good route running gets disrupted.