How about a draft crush megathread/tracker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rashad Weaver is my guy this year. Power end who has some movement to him. Doesn't look out of place on a standup rush. But strong enough to move inside to 5T. Super consistent and high effort. Negatives are he missed a full year due to knee injury, and he's not a quick twitch type so he doesn't have that potential higher ceiling. IMO this is the kind of guy we need to load on our defense to make sure we can snuff the whiners' run game.

Highlights

View: https://youtu.be/TLDSH1AnXX0

Vs Notre Dame offense (17 right end, You feel when he's out)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPHcFfBjxhY

He's got the right colors on already. Is he a 34 and or is he a 34 edge? Because in terms of 34 edges I'm really a Joe Tryon fan.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's got the right colors on already. Is he a 34 and or is he a 34 edge? Because in terms of 34 edges I'm really a Joe Tryon fan.
I think he's considered a 4-3 end. But he looks like he can do a bit of both maybe do well in some of the packages at different spots inside too. The physicality means he should show quickly too IMO.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he's considered a 4-3 end. But he looks like he can do a bit of both maybe do well in some of the packages at different spots inside too. The physicality means he should show quickly too IMO.
looking at him and Payton Turner myself.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think I've seen him listed as a 5 tech in a 3-4 as well.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My late round flyer at tackle. Plays both spots and can likely play guard so he fits our style.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That database is awful lol but I love the content. He's very conservative with his evaluations as well.
Yeah nfl.com can be a mess but because of Zierlein I go there, he’s one of my favorites for OL thoughts and rankings.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah nfl.com can be a mess but because of Zierlein I go there, he’s one of my favorites for OL thoughts and rankings.
Yeah same here. The only place I think he always differs from me and the people I like to listen to are wide receivers. For example I like amir Smith marset. But he seems to think that he's just a bottom of the roster wide receiver lol

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah same here. The only place I think he always differs from me and the people I like to listen to are wide receivers. For example I like amir Smith marset. But he seems to think that he's just a bottom of the roster wide receiver lol
That’s my guy for us at WR as well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Same with Darden. Needless to say, I highly disagree.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, but so Edwards and Evans

Edwards has proven that he can move away from the LOS and get his blocks on the move pretty well. It’s not easy. Noteboom, Allen and Demby couldn’t do it. I’m not so convinced that Evans can either.
I know some ppl here expect a blocking scheme change because of what Stanford used, but Carberry assisted with the zone scheme in Washington.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Edwards has proven that he can move away from the LOS and get his blocks on the move pretty well. It’s not easy. Noteboom, Allen and Demby couldn’t do it. I’m not so convinced that Evans can either.
I know some ppl here expect a blocking scheme change because of what Stanford used, but Carberry assisted with the zone scheme in Washington.
Yeah but Edwards was considered too big to be a zone blocker in college. But a lot of them learn zone when they get to the pros.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Maybe we can create a running diary where we post our favorite prospects and the draft gurus/people with experience watching them can add detail. Here's my current favorite.

I think we need some size and some dynamic ability at the receiver position, so why not get a guy who has both? Enter Tamorrion Terry. 6'4, 205 pounds and can get vertical. If he's our second or third round pick (depending on his draft process) I'll be thrilled. Scouting report and video below. Basically he's a Josh Gordon type but he may have some maturity issues. From TheDraftNetwork:

PROS: Impressive blend of size and big play ability. Gets loose in the secondary on nine routes, double moves and posts. Showcases tremendous buildup speed and late burst at the top of routes. Smooth accelerator with long strides. Averaged 58 yards per reception on his nine touchdowns in 2019 and it was a combination of deep catches and massive gains after the catch. The vertical push he generates in his route stems leads to cushion and the ability to snap off routes and work back to the football on comebacks in addition to creating the cushion needed to setup vertical breaks. Tall and long with a massive wingspan. Has shown he can make catches through contact in contested situations, including high-pointing the football. Has found good production after the catch due to his vision, nifty footwork, elusiveness and acceleration.

CONS: Has his share of drops; some are concentration drops but others are improper technique greeting the football and being late to find/adjust to the football. Has some lapses in tracking and he isn’t immune to misplaying the ball in the air. Can be too patient at the catch point and there are times he needs to be more assertive to “go get it”. Route breaks can be too rounded. Has room to fill out his frame and add functional strength.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixu28VuwnCo&t=216s

With our draft picks, that's the kind of guy we'll probably end up with. His drops are a worry but maybe that can be fixed? He's definitely on my radar.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With our draft picks, that's the kind of guy we'll probably end up with. His drops are a worry but maybe that can be fixed? He's definitely on my radar.
I think he'll be asked to do so little in our offense that it would work. And he could come along slowly.