How about a draft crush megathread/tracker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are a bunch of tackle converts in this class who will fit well. If we remove the guys who appear to be definite first round picks, I'd say (in no real order):
Alex Leatherwood
Wyatt Davis
Quinn Meinerz
Jaylon Moore
Royce Newman
Robert Hainsey
Liam Eichenberg
Creed Humphrey
Sam Cosmi
Landon Dickerson
James Hudson
Drake Jackson
Brenden Jaimes
D'Ante Smith

This isn't an exhaustive list. There are still a lot of guys I need to evaluate.
I've been reviewing a lot of the draft lineman that you picked. Just wanted to let you know that I'm really intrigued by about eight or nine of them from what I've been watching. So your analysis was pretty spot on. Bravo.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rashad Weaver is my guy this year. Power end who has some movement to him. Doesn't look out of place on a standup rush. But strong enough to move inside to 5T. Super consistent and high effort. Negatives are he missed a full year due to knee injury, and he's not a quick twitch type so he doesn't have that potential higher ceiling. IMO this is the kind of guy we need to load on our defense to make sure we can snuff the whiners' run game.

Highlights

View: https://youtu.be/TLDSH1AnXX0

Vs Notre Dame offense (17 right end, You feel when he's out)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPHcFfBjxhY

Where do you think he falls?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some Mid-Late round guys I like:
Benjamin st-juste — CB Minnesota
Kendrick Green - IOL Illinois
Tariq Thompson — S SDSU
Jaelon Darden — WR north Texas
Simi Fehoko — WR Stanford
Malcolm Koonce — Edge Buffalo
Tre Walker — WR SJSU
St juste is my guy in the fourth this year

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With our draft picks, that's the kind of guy we'll probably end up with. His drops are a worry but maybe that can be fixed? He's definitely on my radar.
Yeah the more I start to review tape the more I'm starting to be okay with missing out on Terry if we can get a guy like Dyami Brown and maybe the third round. I'm still at Terry fan but something about his stiffness bothers me I guess. But I still think he could be that deep or route go of guy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw that his profile was really athletic. And some scouting reports I read said that he's a wide zone type of offensive lineman which is perfect. Is he a guard or a left tackle or a right tackle?
He played on the right in college. But with all of these guys that are mid round picks it depends on who's projections you read. Some think his athleticism could allow him to be a LT some think he has other issues around his height that would prevent that like people can get under his pads. I guess in the end it all depends on coaching he gets at the NFL level.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He played on the right in college. But with all of these guys that are mid round picks it depends on who's projections you read. Some think his athleticism could allow him to be a LT some think he has other issues around his height that would prevent that like people can get under his pads. I guess in the end it all depends on coaching he gets at the NFL level.
I guess all that matters most is it sounds like he's versatile. And that fits us to a T

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Still on the Jaelon Darden bandwagon.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Where do you think he falls?
That's never a question I'm accurate answering and this year is even worse because I don't enjoy trying to scout film when there were fewer games and less available tape out there. But I'd guess round 2 to round 3, a nice wide range he should be somewhere in there.

Rams moving Brock makes him more in play IMO. He should be able to play a few different spots for us in a pinch and start soon with that strength he's got. His adjustment will be contain with the speed at this level so that may make him a 5T we'll see. But I do think he's in play as a SOLB in a 3-4. His film reminds me quite a bit of Floyd. Nice power and good lateral movement.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's never a question I'm accurate answering and this year is even worse because I don't enjoy trying to scout film when there were fewer games and less available tape out there. But I'd guess round 2 to round 3, a nice wide range he should be somewhere in there.

Rams moving Brock makes him more in play IMO. He should be able to play a few different spots for us in a pinch and start soon with that strength he's got. His adjustment will be contain with the speed at this level so that may make him a 5T we'll see. But I do think he's in play as a SOLB in a 3-4. His film reminds me quite a bit of Floyd. Nice power and good lateral movement.
Yeah that's one of those situations where I wouldn't mind them taking a shot in the third. I'd love a depth defensive end. I'd also love a developmental edge there too.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I specifically had to find this thread just to find your post and tell you that I'm in love with dyami Brown as a prospect now lol
I agree. I love watching his highlights. HE would be a legit deep threat.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many of your draft crushes can you get? How many times can you get rejected for trading down :D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Simi Fehoko ... at 6'4" - 225 lbs ran a 4.37 / 40 at his Pro day

These receivers man just damn. He's kind of like a TE tbh. TE with extra wiggle and zero in-line blocking ability. But that's some crazy athleticism will make teams at least do a doubletake.

Check that hit he lays at :20 secs...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqnfiN5rfvg

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would love to get this guy. Super under the radar guy. 2-3 years from now we’ll be saying dang could have had him. I run to table to select him if he’s available in 4th.
I'm wondering what our new OL coach has to say about him. It's nice that we have a coach who knows him, the inside line and whatnot.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The amount of RAS athletic freaks in this class is insane.

View: https://twitter.com/mgcsports/status/1374174711299641350

View: https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1374321494155755522

View: https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1374430410243854337

View: https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1374438432403955721

And so on and so on. Maybe these times a pro days are a bit generous, but holy hell, there are some scale breakers here.

Does this have to do with pro day numbers being fluky?