Hobbies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I used to spend a LOT of time planning and building my 2003 Cobra. Took me about 5 years to complete and I had a ton of fun doing it. I'm Pretty sure I posted about that some years ago on here. I think I actually started a similar thread about 8 years ago, lol.

The car has pretty much just sat in my garage since I finished it. Shame. I have been approached by quite a few people about selling it..... and I really should... I need to start a new project car.

Post a pic of this Cobra man.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Post a pic of this Cobra man.

This is what I could find on my phone. The one that was "Pixar'd" was one of my faves and can't find the original....

Cobra1.jpg
20210107_111925.jpg
20210107_111655.jpg
20210107_111725.jpg
PixarCobra-1.jpg
20210107_111751.jpg
Dyno.JPG

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
You still building guitar pickups?? I still have the one you so generously sent me many years ago. Still sounds great too!!
I haven't made any pickups in a couple years now. The machine I built for making them broke during my last move and I never got around to fixing it yet. That's awesome the one I sent you still works. You kinda got me inspired to go and fix the machine now.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I made a mini Adirondack chair for my GFs little ones from scrap wood. Funny thing is, it’s the best chair I’ve made.

It’s all scrap and my own design. I have to sand it it still. It’s Redwood and Pine.

Think I might leave it clear and just poly it.
072B97B8-F407-40E8-9521-1F026A137A5F.jpeg

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I collect whisky and do whisky tastings and distillery tours/visits. I have 50 bottles now, a mixture of those for drinking and those for (hopefully) flipping for profit in the future. There are literally hundreds of distilleries in Scotland so this hobby will hopefully keep me going for a while.

I also follow my soccer team about religiously. Easy to go to away games a lot given how small Scotland is, our longest trip would be a 4 hour drive at the most. Usually go to the pub with the guys before and after and it's a cool thing to visit all the little stadiums all over the country.

I also love to travel, I have been to pretty much every european country which is easy to do again because of the proximity we have to everywhere - it's like a 90 minute flight to Paris, a 2 hour flight to Germany etc.

I am also a history buff and I love to read about history and watch documentaries etc.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last pictures. Made this guy today. Finished staining it an hour ago. The seat pitch and curved back make it the most comfortable chair I’ve made to date.

747E71BB-8D79-4907-A24A-4CFFF82CB5CF.jpeg
224239F9-4318-46B2-BDE0-4E79BA2ED0BE.jpeg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Last pictures. Made this guy today. Finished staining it an hour ago. The seat pitch and curved back make it the most comfortable chair I’ve made to date.

View attachment 43457View attachment 43458

Those are good looking chairs, @Neil039.

I bet there are a few tricks to making them, too. Just thinking about how you curved the back, and the impact of other things doing that. etc.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those are good looking chairs, @Neil039.

I bet there are a few tricks to making them, too. Just thinking about how you curved the back, and the impact of other things doing that. etc.
The curve was not to hard. I took the 1/2 measurement and worked off a 45 degree arc centering out for a 4” board. I was shocked it worked lol.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
Here’s an Adirondack Chair I just made my SIL. It’s nothing great, but was fun to make. 2 hours to cut the wood and assemble. 5 hours to sand and stain (not my favorite part). My top cut got a little wonky, it looks better on a straight shot. I gave her the chair yesterday as a late bday and early Xmas gift. She seemed to like.
View attachment 40989
I really admire your ability to make something like that. I was never that good with my hands though I have tried. That's some comfortable looking chair.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It really is interesting how a person can be inspired into a hobby.

Here is an NFL player into glass-blowing. Sounds like it all started with a photo on instagram.

From the article;

Weatherly, who will turn 27 this month, became enamored with glassblowing a few years ago during his first stint with the Vikings. He saw it on Instagram and his roommate at the time had a co-worker who owned a studio, so he went and became hooked. That ultimately led to his interest in the Netflix show “Blown Away," which led to an appearance as a guest judge on its glassblowing competition that aired in late January.

Glassblowing always has been therapeutic for Weatherly, because when dealing with molten glass at temperatures of more than 2,000 degrees, you don’t have time to think about everyday issues. It became more therapeutic when he was cut less than a year after signing a two-year, $12.5 million deal.

“So I was able to just think for an hour and 15 minutes straight, not about anything stressful, but just about creating that beautiful piece of art," Weatherly said.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ever since I got my house I'm getting interested in interior home design. Nothing crazy, but putting in the right artwork, making each room feel like it has a purpose, etc. Like my home office is really just that. I have it set up for work during the day and play at night. I finally got my home theater to its full capacity by installing black out curtains and framing some movie posters. Looks just like the movies.

Next project is the living room. Trying to get a big ass comfy sofa and some interior lighting set up.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Faceplant,
Very sharp and classy. Love how the interior color matches the exterior paint. What's it got under the hood?

~ArkyRamsFan~
Thank you sir! Under the good is a stock, forged 4.6 with a Whipple Gen II, 2.3 twin screw pushing around 18psi. Fuel and air mods and a tune by one of the best in the business. That car deserves to be driven. I really should sell it....

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Thank you sir! Under the good is a stock, forged 4.6 with a Whipple Gen II, 2.3 twin screw pushing around 18psi. Fuel and air mods and a tune by one of the best in the business. That car deserves to be driven. I really should sell it....
I'm curious, Faceplant, why don't you drive it much? And, also, what would you be looking to get out of it should you decide to sell?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm curious, Faceplant, why don't you drive it much? And, also, what would you be looking to get out of it should you decide to sell?

~ArkyRamsFan~
I guess I just don't make the time for whatever reason. For me, half the fun was the research and build part of it. Those 03/04 "Terminator" Cobras have quite a cult following, so there was a ton of good content on the forums and such back in the day. I met some great people that I am still friends with from that community. We still meet up for cruises now and then... And that is pretty much the most it gets driven.

I have been offered 30k already for the car, but wasn't ready to sell it at the time. It's never even been listed, people just contact me about it. Strange, but like I said, these particular cars have a following. I would like to get as close to 30k as possible to let it go.

Here's a couple pics from a cruise we did to Gettysburg back in the day. There had to have been 75+ Cobras that day at some point. ALL Cobras. You should have heard the noise THAT made. Uhhhhmazing.

FB_IMG_1615381866418.jpg

FB_IMG_1615381999284.jpg

FB_IMG_1615382038541.jpg

Last edited:

…..

Legend
Took a year off but trying to grow weed in my basement. It got to hobby level for a minute.

Kinda wierdCause I dont smoke weed. I just wanna be good at growing it.

I still got all the stuff I need.

B9DDB2E8-67C7-48C3-9EE5-4F70FB8840E7.jpeg

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I guess I just don't make the time for whatever reason. For me, half the fun was the research and build part of it. Those 03/04 "Terminator" Cobras have quite a cult following, so there was a ton of good content on the forums and such back in the day. I met some great people that I am still friends with from that community. We still meet up for cruises now and then... And that is pretty much the most it gets driven.

I have been offered 30k already for the car, but wasn't ready to sell it at the time. It's never even been listed, people just contact me about it. Strange, but like I said, these particular cars have a following. I would like to get as close to 30k as possible to let it go.

Here's a couple pics from a cruise we did to Gettysburg back in the day. There had to have been 75+ Cobras that day at some point. ALL Cobras. You should have heard the noise THAT made. Uhhhhmazing.

View attachment 44177
View attachment 44178
View attachment 44179
Faceplant, that's quite an impressive row of cars. Heh....which one is yours?
Btw educate me if you will on the Cobra. Is it based on Carroll Shelby's designs or am I off on a tangent here?
Thanks,
~ArkyRamsFan~

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Faceplant, that's quite an impressive row of cars. Heh....which one is yours?
Btw educate me if you will on the Cobra. Is it based on Carroll Shelby's designs or am I off on a tangent here?
Thanks,
~ArkyRamsFan~
Google Mustang Terminator. Plenty of good stuff out there. If you are really interested, there was actually a book written about it. Great read and you can definitely find it cheaper than this......

View: https://www.amazon.com/Iron-Fist-Lead-Foot-Terminator/dp/0975436066/ref=asc_df_0975436066/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312202813865&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8310434023293664253&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008023&hvtargid=pla-569810250923&psc=1

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Man I miss my Mustang
This isnt it, mine had blacked out windows, but dayum did I love this car.
RR_4pspsiHh7gdTEHHmwhnfqBRt5MCfdKQHTwsoXyYWKqgzmA5tyEVM5yaVOKDn_MgQJeJYRAH7lTBsOC1O15fkMsoXxPNRohLR1w0gqGCQZU6Poob8GGewr93ozmYRzIF2iOXnAfgZKc7vYkbTQ7yXAkYT10qdJ2dql1NdY_rUkJxxusExXYpMSW2VGnmpAV2E7xbaN1w