Hobbies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
What is your hobby during down time? I like to take on easy to moderate house projects. While I am no handyman, they're fun to do and provide a good learning experience.

This weekend I got tired of my front door. I didn't take an original photo, but it was ugly, grey, and a little beaten up from the previous homeowner. I decided to paint it with a new more familiar color.

IMG_20200614_135925.jpg

So what are your hobbies? Remember we don't necessarily have to be good at it, just something you enjoy doing.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What is your hobby during down time? I like to take on easy to moderate house projects. While I am no handyman, they're fun to do and provide a good learning experience.

This weekend I got tired of my front door. I didn't take an original photo, but it was ugly, grey, and a little beaten up from the previous homeowner. I decided to paint it with a new more familiar color.

View attachment 36891

So what are your hobbies? Remember we don't necessarily have to be good at it, just something you enjoy doing.

Heck, yeah! That Looks good! Took guts to add a bold color, not knowing! :horns:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Heck, yeah! That Looks good! Took guts to add a bold color, not knowing! :horns:
Was going for the new uniform. Closest they had to it, which is shades darker than the 80s, but not as royal as the current blue.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I sort of describe myself as a hobbyist. I feel I’m always “into something”.

I’ve made a ton of wine over the years. Got some nice gear to do it. A little beer.

Definitely a coffee nut too. I know more about coffee than a person needs.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I guess I'm looking for a hobby. I've definitely turned away from hobbies that looked super interesting to me, but would clearly be giant money sucks... like model trains.

Love them. Truly. In Culver City, for a long time, they had a model train store that looked like Union Station. Was art deco and fantastic on the inside.

But that hobby makes skiing seem like handball. Between the money and the time...holy crap. The minute I went into the store, I bought one magazine and left, vowing to never return because I'd be addicted in a minute.

LOVED BJJ while I could do it, but can't now for health reasons. Minute I can go back, I will. With the right teacher and rolling partners, it's amazing.

I could say writing is a hobby, but I mostly come up with amazing stories I want to tell, write the synopsis and then AVOID writing... pretty sure avoiding writing isn't a hobby...not that I'm giving in my best shot...

If putting on weight were a hobby, I'd be thinking about going pro. I gotta find something to move my body that doesn't bore me to death... walking isn't doing it for me.

Are movies a hobby? I watch a TON of movies. I mean the number of movies I've seen is kinda depressing, but I really enjoy them...especially bad movies, the 2008 Ninja Cheerleaders comes to mind. So bad. My youngest son thought I was losing my mind watching it and then he couldn't look away, either. Just an absolute train wreck of cringe.

sorry, kinda chatty today. Maybe because I had ice cream...

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Music is for sure my biggest hobby. I love to listen to it. I search for new stuff all the time. I love playing my guitar. I bought myself a good quality harmonica and was learning to play that while also playing guitar. Had a pretty nice version of "Piano Man" going until suddenly....my harmonica disappears. I know my wife threw that fucker away but she wont own up to it.

I loved playing playstation. But over the last few months, I've barely touched it.

Ive considered getting into widdeling.(spelling)

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Self Defense training for me. 31 years as of Halloween. I’ve been in 3-4 scuffles my whole life outside of my 8 years in Law Enforcement. It definitely helped me make it home.

I’ve started working with wood. Made a work bench, used a buddies lathe to make a bowl out of pecan wood, a giant Jenga set, and for Xmas trying making the GF Adirondack chairs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I like backpacking through Europe, playing guitar, moonlight surfing, and volunteering at pet shelters

Oh wait. That’s my old Match.com profile

Sadly, I’m just a tech junkie and video game addict. That’s all I do after busting balls at work 50 hours a week. However, my wife and I really like hiking and exploring new trails on the weekends sometimes. It’s just getting harder to do it regularly when you’re 54 and working with a bunch of 30somethings all week. I’m always sore now trying to outperform them like some kind of demented old lion.

Worker smarter, Paul. Not harder.
Dummy.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here’s an Adirondack Chair I just made my SIL. It’s nothing great, but was fun to make. 2 hours to cut the wood and assemble. 5 hours to sand and stain (not my favorite part). My top cut got a little wonky, it looks better on a straight shot. I gave her the chair yesterday as a late bday and early Xmas gift. She seemed to like.
52DCC48C-07E1-4A82-91CD-A114C53D7CAD.jpeg

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Here’s an Adirondack Chair I just made my SIL. It’s nothing great, but was fun to make. 2 hours to cut the wood and assemble. 5 hours to sand and stain (not my favorite part). My top cut got a little wonky, it looks better on a straight shot. I gave her the chair yesterday as a late bday and early Xmas gift. She seemed to like.
View attachment 40989
Nice job. I been wanting to build a couple of those.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
View attachment 40989
Turned out nice. I have a couple, they have 7 slats. I find it nice cause im fat and its all supported lol. Stain looks nice

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Turned out nice. I have a couple, they have 7 slats. I find it nice cause im fat and its all supported lol. Stain looks nice
Ain’t no shame in that game. As a fellow fattie (though, we both just have huge bones, really), I say we start our own club. Fatties unite!

EBBB3F39-EA10-48DF-8E27-8D6F81FC4539.jpeg