Hobbies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I built a bbq cart as a covid project.
Made of 100% solid cedar with a concrete countertop.
Completely weather proof.

I used iron vinegar for the stain.
20200830_091603.jpg
20200830_091704_resized.jpg

20200828_114331.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This is REALLY nice. So, I can guess... but the primary purpose for a cart of this type is?

Looks like a serving station, for a patio. A portable counter area for outside kitchen, so to speak?
I use it mostly for pulling meat in and out of the skoker or grill. I have a small shelf on front of my smoker, but it isn't very deep.
I also use it sometimes to prep meat before and during cooks.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If writing is my hopeful career, fanfiction is my hobby. Fanfiction = written stories about a certain fandom.

Right now, I've got two Pokemon fanfics going: Beware, We Sting (a Game of Thrones/Pokemon mix) and Translucent Legends (a Pokemon story based off of the various lore that Pokemon are somewhat based off of). Just finished writing the chapters for them yesterday.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Birding/Bird Photography
I used to do some bird photography. Haven't been out in years though. Got a Canon f5.6 400mm L sitting in my camera case unused. I might have to sell it on Ebay one of these days but I'm afraid of getting ripped off again.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I have been in and out of flying Radio Control airplanes for a good part of 45 years now. Out the past 8. I have a garage full of airplanes I call the collection gathering dust. Was thinking I needed a hobby for a few weeks trying to figure out what to do. Then I was in the garage and it hit me like Aaron Donald on any Sunday. I HAVE a freaking hobby!

Long story longer, I go to the closest hobby shop (40 miles away) and discover over the last eight years the hobby changed. What?!? It is largely just electric now. All I know is gas (glow) powered planes. Crap. I left disgruntled and confused. Almost depressed at the change. So on the way home I thought okay. Need to learn something new.

Now when this happens to me I travel through many Rabbit Holes. But nothing worthwhile comes easy. Called a few old RC friends, went to the local electric flying field for advice, and got what I needed to get going. The change in the hobby has brought with it ease of getting started. One hour of personal time I was ready to fly. Use to take weeks. Below is the picture of my first day back after running out of battery power. I had a total blast! That little Jet is a rocket.

I am slowly getting the gas planes back running into safe flying shape. Two down, four to go. Flew one of those a week ago. Still love that as much as ever.

RC planes in car2020-12-12 at 2.19.07 PM.png

Edit: "I need a Hobby. What on earth am I going to do?" Hmmmmmmmm....... Good lord.

IMG_3039.jpeg

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
@SWAdude Yeah, I bet it has changed in 8yrs. Battery technology, etc.

And... radios/controllers!

I’ve not played much with airplanes, but have with the small 100mm-150mm size blade copters...it was hard to keep up when I was into it heavy,

SWAdude

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
@SWAdude Yeah, I bet it has changed in 8yrs. Battery technology, etc.

And... radios/controllers!

I’ve not played much with airplanes, but have with the small 100mm-150mm size blade copters...it was hard to keep up when I was into it heavy,

I didn't think about how I missed the growth as the hobby changed from glow to electrics. Where it is now I am sure you bought the new thing and it was already outdated.

I did try little helicopters for a while about 10 years ago. My muscle memory for flying RC airplanes was so that it seemed too difficult to get hang of it. A bigger point actually they are much harder to learn. Good on you for doing so.

Santa is bringing me my RC simulator for xmas and it will have helicopters on it. I will give that a shot.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Raining here otherwise else would be pruning tree limbs. Instead canned 5 pounds of home made cherry plum with vanilla jam.

PXL_20201213_200044658.jpg

PXL_20201213_200050750.jpg

SWAdude

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John

I have lived in our current house for 13 years and so wanted to find something RC to fly around our house but landing was a serious issue. Until now. This is my fourth flight with this gift from Santa. This plane can make any pilot look good. So easy. The landing was totally not planned. I have sent this video to the Rams for a potential practice squad spot. :biggrin:

GO RAMS!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I have lived in our current house for 13 years and so wanted to find something RC to fly around our house but landing was a serious issue. Until now. This is my fourth flight with this gift from Santa. This plane can make any pilot look good. So easy. The landing was totally not planned. I have sent this video to the Rams for a potential practice squad spot. :biggrin:

GO RAMS!!!

Oh yeah! Cool for sure. That seems insanely good control for 4th flight!

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

GO RAMS!!!

Look at the Ram like reflexes

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Very cool thread and all that posted above. I just hit the gym regularly for mental and physical health and fish. :censored:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

GO RAMS!!!

That's awesome

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I used to do some bird photography. Haven't been out in years though. Got a Canon f5.6 400mm L sitting in my camera case unused. I might have to sell it on Ebay one of these days but I'm afraid of getting ripped off again.
You still building guitar pickups?? I still have the one you so generously sent me many years ago. Still sounds great too!!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I used to spend a LOT of time planning and building my 2003 Cobra. Took me about 5 years to complete and I had a ton of fun doing it. I'm Pretty sure I posted about that some years ago on here. I think I actually started a similar thread about 8 years ago, lol.

The car has pretty much just sat in my garage since I finished it. Shame. I have been approached by quite a few people about selling it..... and I really should... I need to start a new project car.