Hobbies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
One of my fish had babies about 3 weeks ago. Believe it or not, there are up to 11 still alive. I think it’s 10.

There are two in this photo.

I have 9 adult fish in this tank that could still eat these guys… but another week or so, they might be big enough to avoid hiding 98% of the time. They come out at feeding. Somehow they sense food in the water.

I have real course gravel and lots of rocks and plants in this tank. They have lots of places to hide.

View attachment 54749

There might be 12 alive in there. I got 10 in one photo, below. They are all getting bigger. More brave.

My adult fish are at the top of the tank eating… all the babies come out looking for food sinking to them.

BD2F1EDB-3E3C-40B5-8980-83A4B08FB942.jpeg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
WOW! How much longer can you keep him?

There's room in my tank for him to at least double in size... it's 300 gallons.

I'm gonna try and sell him. I thought my son had a buyer already... a couple of dipshits who have an aquarium YouTube channel. But they are broke apparently.

If I can't find a buyer I've already talked to Sea World and they will come to my house and take him. They won't give me any money but they'll let me into the park to see him for free. That may be route I take. That species of grouper can grow to 1000+ pounds. It would be cool to see him grow out.

I want to get about 6 lobsters. Here's what they look like...

SpinyBlueLobster1.jpg

I had one previously but my eel ate it.

I also want to get a school of Lookdowns too. Maybe 5 or 6...

lookdown-fish-selene-vomer-A3H24X.jpg

It would be nice if I could sell the grouper for enough to pay for what I want to add. Honestly though... the bigger the grouper gets... he's cooler and cooler to look at. People freak out when they see him. Tyler's dog barks at it because the fish is bigger than she is.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
What is your hobby during down time? I like to take on easy to moderate house projects. While I am no handyman, they're fun to do and provide a good learning experience.

This weekend I got tired of my front door. I didn't take an original photo, but it was ugly, grey, and a little beaten up from the previous homeowner. I decided to paint it with a new more familiar color.

View attachment 36891

So what are your hobbies? Remember we don't necessarily have to be good at it, just something you enjoy doing.
In South Carolina you paint your door that color to keep away the, "Hants".

We actually refer to that as, "Hant blue".

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
So my favorite new hobby is having a couple of drinks and trying to figure out what, "So Ram" is talking about.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
What the hell is a hant?
It is what the Gullah and Island people call an evil spirit.

The proper pronunciation and apparently the spelling would be;

Haint.

You probably won't see any of them around because you painted your door the proper color.

Edit;
So the internet is showing a light blue but I used to live out on the islands among the Gullah and they used to have those deep but bright blue like your door is.

IDK now.

Last edited:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
It is what the Gullah and Island people call an evil spirit.

The proper pronunciation and apparently the spelling would be;

Haint.

You probably won't see any of them around because you painted your door the proper color.

Edit;
So the internet is showing a light blue but I used to live out on the islands among the Gullah and they used to have those deep but bright blue like your door is.

IDK now.
Okay, that sounds familiar. I'm kind of into mythology and cryptids and whatnot. East coast isn't my strong suit, but I vaguely remember reading about that years ago. Neat stuff.

I'm in central Texas, so I think I don't see and of the because the lechuza has staked out this turf.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Okay, that sounds familiar. I'm kind of into mythology and cryptids and whatnot. East coast isn't my strong suit, but I vaguely remember reading about that years ago. Neat stuff.

I'm in central Texas, so I think I don't see and of the because the lechuza has staked out this turf.
And watch out for the occasional Chupacabra and you should be good to go.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well, my Bumblebee Grouper ate his tank mate today... a Zebra Morey eel that was about 4' long. The Grouper is about 15 pounds now and he is soon to be out of my tank and probably moving into a tank at SeaWorld. I would eat his mean ass if it wasn't for the copper I put in the tank.

It's gonna take him a few days to digest the whole eel cause he can't fit the whole thing down into his stomach. He decided to eat the eel this morning... it's 8:45 pm now and here's how much is still hanging out of his mouth.

20230213_195639.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well, my Bumblebee Grouper ate his tank mate today... a Zebra Morey eel that was about 4' long. The Grouper is about 15 pounds now and he is soon to be out of my tank and probably moving into a tank at SeaWorld. I would eat his mean ass if it wasn't for the copper I put in the tank.

It's gonna take him a few days to digest the whole eel cause he can't fit the whole thing down into his stomach. He decided to eat the eel this morning... it's 8:45 pm now and here's how much is still hanging out of his mouth.

View attachment 58792
Hungry fella. :ROFLMAO:

Sucks to lose the eel. It was a pretty cool one. I guess you know what to use for grouper fishing though. :evil:

Pretty damn cool grouper there. That's a brute for a fish tank.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hungry fella. :ROFLMAO:

Sucks to lose the eel. It was a pretty cool one. I guess you know what to use for grouper fishing though. :evil:

Pretty damn cool grouper there. That's a brute for a fish tank.

Yeah... he's gotta go.

My fish tank guy is waffling around and stalling the operation of getting him out of there. It's going to be a real mess doing it.

That beast already causes a Shamoo Splash Zone around the tank now even though it has glass covers completely covering the top and a huge wooden canopy over the top of the whole thing. Shamoo Splash Zone is something they have around the SeaWorld orca stadium... it shows what seats will potentially get water splashed on them during the whale shows. If this fucker suddenly thinks there's a potential prey item around because of things like a light shining across the tank, a dog toy flying through the air, someone walking close to the tank with what looks to him like food, sudden unexpected movements, and just anything... he will use his tail with force and send water out of the tank. Sometimes it can be a shit ton of water too.

I always wanted to grow one of these out... and it's out of my want list now. Shaq used to have one of these in his tank that now lives at SeaWorld. This one has got to go now too. My fish tank guy needs to get it done on way or ANOTHER.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

View attachment 58792
Who's the little guy hanging out next to you're grouper?

Hes probably wondering when his number will be called.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Who's the little guy hanging out next to you're grouper?

Hes probably wondering when his number will be called.

There's nothing else in there alive except for him. That's probably a piece of coral he broke off while getting that eel to go down his throat. LOL

You can't tell from the pic... but he is massive. When I say 15 pounds I am probably underestimating it. That eel was big too. According to my wife it was a full scale battle going down when he attacked. The water was still churned up in that pic and it was taken like 12 hours after the attack. He's got nasty sharp teeth that you can't see. He's drawn blood on me several times when I wasn't paying close enough attention while feeding him.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There's nothing else in there alive except for him. That's probably a piece of coral he broke off while getting that eel to go down his throat. LOL

You can't tell from the pic... but he is massive. When I say 15 pounds I am probably underestimating it. That eel was big too. According to my wife it was a full scale battle going down when he attacked. The water was still churned up in that pic and it was taken like 12 hours after the attack. He's got nasty sharp teeth that you can't see. He's drawn blood on me several times when I wasn't paying close enough attention while feeding him.
Damn!
That must have been a sight to see, in a tank.

Also. That's a fin I was looking at.
The yellow and black/blue through me off.
I saw that once I zoomed in on my phone.
Beautiful fish, though.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Damn!
That must have been a sight to see, in a tank.

Also. That's a fin I was looking at.
The yellow and black/blue through me off.
I saw that once I zoomed in on my phone.
Beautiful fish, though.

Yeah... he's a specimen all right. His tail is colored just like his side fins. Really wild looking. His tail is the size of a dinner plate easy... that side fin is saucer sized to try and give you a perspective.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah... he's a specimen all right. His tail is colored just like his side fins. Really wild looking. His tail is the size of a dinner plate easy... that side fin is saucer sized to try and give you a perspective.
That does sound bigger than 15 lbs