Hekker / trade block / Renegotiated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Prior to the draft, I thought it was highly possible that Hekker would be gone. But after he was hanging out at the draft complex beach mansion party, I thought he was just ingrained in the fabric of the team. Guess that really doesnt matter

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If the Rams are looking for trade partners they should be looking at the bad offenses around the league, where a guy like Hekker has shown he can bail you out and flip the field when nothing is going right.
Jets Giants Bengals Broncos etc.

I'd settle for a 5th, basically recoup the Sony Michel deal and call it done, or get them to toss in a RB prospect. I'd still like to see us pick up another back before week 1. Put Jones on the PS and go with Funk as your RB4.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always liked him. I was at the game, dang near front row, when he sealed the game with a fake punt. It was SEA Vs STL. Special teams brilliance was the theme that day. World beater SEA took home the L, as they should.
Ok SuperMan, I've been authorized to offer you your former Rams fanhood for a limited time. Simply turn over Creed Humphreys for Johnny Hekker and we got a deal....shake?

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Ok SuperMan, I've been authorized to offer you your former Rams fanhood for a limited time. Simply turn over Creed Humphreys for Johnny Hekker and we got a deal....shake?
You throw in Donald, I'll throw in Kay Adams (Chiefs sideline reporter), and it's a deal!

(Look! She does Yoga!)

download.jpeg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last year was arguably the worst of Hekker's career, but he was still a dominant Punter in the years before that. My take is and was that he wasn't trying to boot the ball like he could because our coverage was so terrible that it might get returned for six. That all said, that Bojorquez kid has one incredible leg.
To back this up, I looked at Hekker's start of the year versus his finish. Over the first eight games, he averaged 47.5 yards per punt (typical of Hekker's average during his career). Over the final eight games, he averaged 43.9 yards per punt. In the eighth game of the year, Miami returned a punt for a TD. And over the first half of the year, our punt coverage team never looked up to snuff. My theory is that Hekker didn't try to boom the ball over the second half of the year like he did in the past to protect our weak punt coverage team (and porous special teams coordinator).

So I'd be very hesitant to get rid of him. I think he still has it. But to be fair to Bojorquez, he did average 50.8 yards per punt last year. He just doesn't have Hekker's precision.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
If he was going to be traded, I would think the Sony Michel deal today would have been the time to do it.
Bill A Cheat loves J Hek

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If he was going to be traded, I would think the Sony Michel deal today would have been the time to do it.
Bill A Cheat loves J Hek
He also loves his pro bowl punter on a rookie deal.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Dallas cut Hunter Niswander, who was pretty good last year ("statistically" better than Hekker) so there definitely is a potential spot there.
Doesnt do all that much for cap savings as he already cost them 1.2 mill in cap space for 2021, and would cost them another 1.1 in Cap space in 2022, despite "saving" his salary of 3.75 mill
CAn he really garner more than a 7th round pick?
They (Dallas) could restructure his deal

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Wouldn't that be roughly $2.8 million which includes his replacement (Bojorquez)?

According the overthecap.com, the Cap Savings for moving on from Hekker is $3.75 million (post June 1st move)
Key is next yr... Whatever this yrs savings is gets rolled into next yrs cap along with next yrs savings. So its is significant relief for next yr when they will need it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dammit!

This is the kind of tweet which precedes a move...

DAMMIT!!!
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil...." ~ Johhny, Packin' His Bags, Hekker...

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
To back this up, I looked at Hekker's start of the year versus his finish. Over the first eight games, he averaged 47.5 yards per punt (typical of Hekker's average during his career). Over the final eight games, he averaged 43.9 yards per punt. In the eighth game of the year, Miami returned a punt for a TD. And over the first half of the year, our punt coverage team never looked up to snuff. My theory is that Hekker didn't try to boom the ball over the second half of the year like he did in the past to protect our weak punt coverage team (and porous special teams coordinator).

So I'd be very hesitant to get rid of him. I think he still has it. But to be fair to Bojorquez, he did average 50.8 yards per punt last year. He just doesn't have Hekker's precision.
I get the feeling that Hekk never got over the ST coach firing. Doesn't help that the next guy they brought in was shitty. But it's just something I've been thinking for a while.

Hekk might feel like his best was brought out by Bones. Plus Dallas having that need at the position hopefully he'll get to end up there. I'd like to see a happy ending. IF all this is real of course.