Hekker / trade block / Renegotiated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or... Dallas could trade Connor McGovern for Hekker straight up. Unlikely, but would provide Rams solid Oline depth.
Say, wut? ~ Connor

XyNZp7m.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
$1.4 minus Bojo’s salary (which we don’t pay if we cut him and keep Hekker).

The future savings are not dependent on cutting Hekker now. We can keep him for a year, cut him this offseason, and still realize those savings.
Which I mentioned earlier and you didn't include in your initial reply to me :D Yes we still have to pay another punter.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

Hekker has a $4,937,000 cap number now. The only dead money would be $1,187,000 leaving a $3.75 Million cap savings (post June 1st trade or cut).

$3,750,000 Hekker Cap Savings
$1,020,000 Bojorquez Cap Number
$2,730,000 Cap Savings

You’re looking at the wrong year, I believe.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I’m using spotrac.

It shows a salary of $3.75M, and a dead cap # of $2.3M (and change). So that makes the savings $1.45M, minus Bojo’s salary, putting the 2021 savings under $500K.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I’m using spotrac.

It shows a salary of $3.75M, and a dead cap # of $2.3M (and change). So that makes the savings $1.45M, minus Bojo’s salary, putting the 2021 savings under $500K.
That site doesn't seem to take into account the rules for transactions after June 1st.
overthecap is better

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
That site doesn't seem to take into account the rules for transactions after June 1st.
overthecap is better
Okay…

I guess the point is, the immediate savings we’d realize by cutting Hekker isn’t all that much, so we’d be better off finding some team that would take his contract, even if it’s for minimal compensation.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I know his average was lower last year, but Hekker is still the best at pinning opponents against the goal line.
The guy can stick a ball where he wants it.

oldnotdead

Legend
Hekker has a cap hit of $4,937,000 and a dead cap of $2,329,00 meaning cutting him clears about $2.5M. Corey has a cap hit of $1M so the net is about $1.5M. Re-signing Bojorquez next year will still save them millions as Hekker's cap hit will be $4.7M.

Corey simply needs to not get hurt this last game and IMO the job is his. I'm sure he's been told not to make tackles on runbacks in this game.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
How does trading Hekker impact Perkins?
Wouldn't Hekker be QB3 if they only carried 2 QBs on the roster?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I hope this isn’t one of those - we will give you a 2023 7th round pick to take this contract - type situations.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am calling it now. trade to the Lions for one of our first rounders back. teams him back up with Brockers and JG. (blue font)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say this though... Hekk's been one of my favorite Rams for a long time. Dude looks just like my youngest bro so I'm biased there too lol. Gonna miss him if he goes.
I love Hekker. I'll be sad to see him go. He's a hilarious troll on and off the field. I still remember when he used to blindside Seahawks and pissed them off to such an extent that they surrounded him after a punt to try and get even. And he's one of the best punters to play the game.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am calling it now. trade to the Lions for one of our first rounders back. teams him back up with Brockers and JG. (blue font)
Hekk is a guy teams will be interested in. But I have to think Bones is in Jerry Jones' office right now jumping on his desk lol.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Sounds like Hekker may have been asked to take a paycut.
As stated earlier this offseason, I believe he's the highest paid punter in the NFL.

Of course, the Rams might want to consider letting someone else hold for kicks to see what they've got there.

If I'm the highest paid punter in the league and I have a chance to stay where I've been my whole career, play in the best stadium in the world on a team with top 3 superbowl odds and in the city with the best strip clubs in the country, I take the fucking pay cut

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I always liked him. I was at the game, dang near front row, when he sealed the game with a fake punt. It was SEA Vs STL. Special teams brilliance was the theme that day. World beater SEA took home the L, as they should.