Hekker / trade block / Renegotiated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cutting him only saves about $450k, so a trade would make a lot more sense financially.

Still hoping he stays.
His base pay is $3.25 million this year and over $4 million the next 2 years. That's the savings, minus of course what we pay Bojourquez of course which is $935k iirc.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Or... Dallas could trade Connor McGovern for Hekker straight up. Unlikely, but would provide Rams solid Oline depth.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like Hekker may have been asked to take a paycut.
As stated earlier this offseason, I believe he's the highest paid punter in the NFL.

Of course, the Rams might want to consider letting someone else hold for kicks to see what they've got there.
He is the highest paid and will be for the last couple years of his deal too good point.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Once again, I have to lament that Bill O'Brien isn't still in Houston, because with them Hekker fetches a 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder at minimum ... :laugh4:

Seriously though, I'd like to see him stay a Ram, but if the staff is seeing that he's not the Johnny Hekker of old, then maybe it's time to move on.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Once again, I have to lament that Bill O'Brien isn't still in Houston, because with them Hekker fetches a 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder at minimum ... :laugh4:

Seriously though, I'd like to see him stay a Ram, but if the staff is seeing that he's not the Johnny Hekker of old, then maybe it's time to move on.
Damn how we miss BoB :D I was just thinking and the last punter I can remember being traded was Andy Lee who brought in a 4th round pick?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Who the hell trades for a punter?

1629919121883.png

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
His base pay is $3.25 million this year and over $4 million the next 2 years. That's the savings, minus of course what we pay Bojourquez of course which is $935k iirc.
The savings this year is only $450k when you subtract dead money and Bojo’s salary.

If he were to be released after this year, we’d save $2.8M, less the cost of a replacement.

As a result, cutting him now really isn’t a significant financial move.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dallas is in a worse cap situation then we are. Jacksonville or the Jets may be a more ideal situation considering they may need him due to offensive woes.

Based on his salary, we won't get anything back more than a 7th.
Straight up trade for Zeke? We need a back-up for Sony...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The savings this year is only $450k when you subtract dead money and Bojo’s salary.

If he were to be released after this year, we’d save $2.8M, less the cost of a replacement.

Dead cap looks like $2.329 million base pay of $3.75 million a savings this year of about $1.4m. Then $4 and $4.25 the following years.

1629919487108.png

Memphis Ram

Legend

Wouldn't that be roughly $2.8 million which includes his replacement (Bojorquez)?

According the overthecap.com, the Cap Savings for moving on from Hekker is $3.75 million (post June 1st move)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wouldn't that be roughly $2.8 million which includes his replacement (Bojorquez)?

According the overthecap.com, the Cap Savings for moving on from Hekker is $3.75 million (post June 1st move)

I believe he's going to the Raiders...Just have a feeling.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Dead cap looks like $2.329 million base pay of $3.75 million a savings this year of about $1.4m. Then $4 and $4.25 the following years.

View attachment 47520
$1.4 minus Bojo’s salary (which we don’t pay if we cut him and keep Hekker).

The future savings are not dependent on cutting Hekker now. We can keep him for a year, cut him this offseason, and still realize those savings.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

Less his dead money ($2.3M) and Bojo’s salary.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Less his dead money ($2.3M) and Bojo’s salary.
overthecap.com shows his salary to be $920K with a $100K signing bonus.

Hekker has a $4,937,000 cap number now. The only dead money would be $1,187,000 leaving a $3.75 Million cap savings (post June 1st trade or cut).

$3,750,000 Hekker Cap Savings
$1,020,000 Bojorquez Cap Number
$2,730,000 Cap Savings

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah he's a younger and very athletic dude. Had a feeling this might happen it's part business with Hekk's contract, but part youth and estimating who has more good years ahead too. Difference of like 6 or 7 years (in their age) it's significant when the production through camp has been close.
Tell me about it ~ Pro Bowler Jake McQuaide

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
overthecap.com shows his salary to be $920K with a $100K signing bonus.

Right… so we can pay JH’s salary and not pay Bojo’s, or pay Bojo’s salary and save JH’s salary, minus the dead money.

The difference is < $500K.