Havrisik Keep him or Dump him?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should we keep him or dump him?

• Keep him, he's great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep him, he's got potential

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Dump him, he's got potential, but its not worth the risk

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Dump him, he's simply not good enough.

Votes: 57 43.2%

• Total voters

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Use 3D glasses when watching Havrisik kicking field goals. It takes the edge off.
1703231750557.png

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Does Crosby really just not have it anymore? I can’t imagine he wouldn’t be better than this guy.
Crosby and Havrisuck are neck and neck under 40 yards, but Havrisuck has more "potential" whatever that means. :laugh4:

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The guy a few of us wanted to try Cade York was just taken by the Gisnts off the Browns PS. I thought he'd have been worth the risk.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Crosby and Havrisuck are neck and neck under 40 yards, but Havrisuck has more "potential" whatever that means. :laugh4:
What that means is that Havrisik is 15- count 'em fifteen- years younger than Crosby and has room for improvement, whereas Crosby is not going to be getting any better at his age. We have seen that Havrisik has the leg strength; what he needs are composure and accuracy, and these come with experience.

Do I think he's an All Pro? No. Do I think we should offer him a huge contract? No. But he is potentially a solid kicker and we should retain him until something better comes along.

Last edited:

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
What that means is that Havrisik is 15- count 'em fifteen- years younger than Crosby and has room for improvement, whereas Crosby is not going to be getting any better at his age. We have seen that Havrisik has the leg strength; what he needs i composure and accuracy, and these come with experience.

Do I think he's an All Pro? No. Do I think we should offer him a huge contract? No. But he is potentially a solid kicker and we should retain him until something better comes along.

/Patterson has entered the chat

Dougie Payne Reaction GIF by Travis

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bah we still don't have Patterson yet?
Maybe they sign Patterson to the practice squad and have a weekly competition as the best Havrisik kicked is when another kicker was on the roster.

Last edited:

InfiniteRam

Rookie
Lucas is pressing on his longer kicks. Easy to see. My guess is it's nerves that cause him slight issues in technique.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lucas is pressing on his longer kicks. Easy to see. My guess is it's nerves that cause him slight issues in technique.
ST coach needs to have him visualize the uprights up close on the further kicks. Visualize and attack.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
If the staff is that high on Havrisik long term and does not want to risk losing him (and I don't think it is much of a risk...), then make the roster spot somehow for another kicker and dress 2 on gameday, so that we have another leg to rely on if necessary. That feels crazy to type, but kicking will be so important down the stretch and into the playoffs, as it always is. I don't think we can risk it by dressing Havrisik alone and just praying there is no total meltdown when even his PATs miss wide by a mile. Gay and Zeurline (remember his kick in OT vs. the Saints in 2018 to advance the Rams to the Super Bowl?) were monumental in our deeper playoff runs as of late. Zero doubt we will need clutch kicking again if we want to lock in our playoff spot and, hopefully, go on a dark horse run.

The NFC is weak. Dallas and Philly are flawed. There is only 1 truly great team in the 49ers (ugh). It could be a good year for a "lesser" team with an elite QB and good offensive coach to get hot at the right time and make some noise with a surprise deep run. The Rams fit htat description better than anyone. Don't blow this by failing to address the kicker position. GO GET PATTERSON! I WATCHED HIM LOTS THIS YEAR WHILE KEEPING UP ON GOFF IN DETROIT, AND HE IS A CLEAR UPGRADE.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He has been so bad that the only explanation for him still being on the roster is they see potential in him.
Or they just don't feel anyone else out there is a better alternative. I was happy that Havrisik adjusted as his kicks were going left and on the 47 yard FG, the snap was high, but that should have not made a difference.

Overall I would like to see them add Riley Patterson to the practice squad and then like the Lions did, have a weekly competition and may the best man win.