Havrisik Keep him or Dump him?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should we keep him or dump him?

• Keep him, he's great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep him, he's got potential

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Dump him, he's got potential, but its not worth the risk

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Dump him, he's simply not good enough.

Votes: 57 43.2%

• Total voters

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Very strange for Holmes to do this it seems. Lions fans talk about him being good but shit from 50+ yet it seems in his short career he's 3-6 from 50+. Maybe they just wouldn't try him much from distance because of a weak leg? It all seems strange.
Maybe Snead called him up and asked for a favor, knowing a kicker would clear waivers most likely. Good close ties to have if that's the case.

Or I'm horribly reading it wrong and just strange turn of events with no impact on the rams.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Either way… seems like if he’s available & Luc has another shaky game, that would be the best option.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, if the Rams are interested, they should claim him of waivers because if he clears waivers he would surely be put on Detroit's PS and would need to be signed to a 53 man anyways...

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Very strange for Holmes to do this it seems. Lions fans talk about him being good but shit from 50+ yet it seems in his short career he's 3-6 from 50+. Maybe they just wouldn't try him much from distance because of a weak leg? It all seems strange.
Yeah, from Lions message board sounds like he might have a relatively weak leg. But at 88% conversion rate, who cares?

So he can't make a 56 yarder but he's reliable on everything else? Sounds like a major upgrade over Havrisik to me...

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Yeah, from Lions message board sounds like he might have a relatively weak leg. But at 88% conversion rate, who cares?

So he can't make a 56 yarder but he's reliable on everything else? Sounds like a major upgrade over Havrisik to me...
I could care less about a guy that can hit from 60. I want a guy that can hit under 50 reliably. And nothing I've seen from our guy says he can make a 60 yarder anyway.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
It seems like our best kickers had an "aim small, miss small" element to their game. Greg the leg had his slumps, sure. But at least his misses would be good if you increased the goal post width 5 to 10%. Maher and Havrisik have misses that wouldn't be good if you doubled the goal post width. Gotta have ice water in your veins to do that job. I'm for moving on if Patterson falls to us in Waiver wire.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our future kicker will be coming from the draft next year. For this year, stick with him as there's not likely to be a better option....and lets not forget the epic bad stretch that Crosby himself had a few years ago

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our future kicker will be coming from the draft next year. For this year, stick with him as there's not likely to be a better option....and lets not forget the epic bad stretch that Crosby himself had a few years ago
The YouTube clip of that is painfull to watch.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He can barely kick an XP.
I'm not lining this guy up for a 60 yarder he might have a 10% chance of making. Talk about gifting your opponent great field position.
Just pointing out that, yes, he actually has the leg for a 60 yarder.
The strength issue isn't one you can debate.

And no one is debating you about him being inconsistent.. because he's inconsistent.

Ellard80

Legend
Just pointing out that, yes, he actually has the leg for a 60 yarder.
The strength issue isn't one you can debate.

And no one is debating you about him being inconsistent.. because he's inconsistent.
No one is doubting his leg strength (i dont think)

His leg strength is probably unparalleled.

but his accuracy is not pro level.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No one is doubting his leg strength (i dont think)

His leg strength is probably unparalleled.

but his accuracy is not pro level.
Haha just saw your comment and essentially said the same thing. Couldn't agree more.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This was one of the last guys we kicked to the curb because early on he couldn't hit shit.