Havrisik Keep him or Dump him?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should we keep him or dump him?

• Keep him, he's great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep him, he's got potential

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Dump him, he's got potential, but its not worth the risk

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Dump him, he's simply not good enough.

Votes: 57 43.2%

• Total voters

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The Rams are damn lucky this idiot not cost them the game. He would have if it was not for a great defensive stand on the 2 point conversion at the end of the game. Get rid of him and pick up the best kicker available while drafting a top kicker for 2024.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Let’s be real on a few things.

1. The Rams are aware of the issue - they aren’t so engrossed in other aspects of the roster that they are unaware that the kicking game blows.

2. We don’t really know where all the problems may be. There may be snapper issues, there may be some injury, it may be psychological, the kid may be great in practice, or he may just stink.

3. We don’t know what else is out there. We can name names - but we don’t really know who is available and who isn’t. Do we have cap space? Are other options hurt or set on retirement? We just don’t know.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I can't help it but Havrisik must have been getting his kicking tips from Brucie :laugh1::laugh2::laugh3:

videotogif_2024.01.01_06.59.00.gif

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

1. The Rams are aware of the issue - they aren’t so engrossed in other aspects of the roster that they are unaware that the kicking game blows.

2. We don’t really know where all the problems may be. There may be snapper issues, there may be some injury, it may be psychological, the kid may be great in practice, or he may just stink.

3. We don’t know what else is out there. We can name names - but we don’t really know who is available and who isn’t. Do we have cap space? Are other options hurt or set on retirement? We just don’t know.

Really, the long snapper argument? It's not complicated, it's obviously the kicker stinks. He got his chance, he blew it badly. He's not a NFL kicker. Time to move on and take our chances with anyone. Salary cap to sign a kicker is there. Believe we have a little over 4.5 mil in cap. We only need one for a few games so the cost wouldn't be crazy.

Ellard80

Legend
so if the giants get the 2 point conversion.

We still have time to get in FG range.

But we all know there was no way he would make the game-winning kick.

TXRams86

The Infamous

We wouldn't even have been in that situation if we could rely on him to make a 30-40 yard field goal. Our first drive we went for it on 4th because we simply can't rely on him, that's a problem. We all saw how it unfolded. Assuming they had made the 2 point try, we should have won this game by at least a field goal with a competent kicker.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder if they ever gave Robbie Gould a call. Maybe he’d say yes to a playoff run.

The Rams are damn lucky this idiot not cost them the game. He would have if it was not for a great defensive stand on the 2 point conversion at the end of the game. Get rid of him and pick up the best kicker available while drafting a top kicker for 2024.
Do you mean the 2 point conversion where Tyrod Taylor flipped the ball a foot behind a wide open Barkley, who had nobody between him and the goal line?

He’s supposedly good in practice. They’ve likely been waiting for him to build his confidence. But that never happened.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Really, the long snapper argument? It's not complicated, it's obviously the kicker stinks. He got his chance, he blew it badly. He's not a NFL kicker. Time to move on and take our chances with anyone. Salary cap to sign a kicker is there. Believe we have a little over 4.5 mil in cap. We only need one for a few games so the cost wouldn't be crazy.

Sign who? It may - in fact - be more complicated than you think. Look, I'm not saying that we need to keep this guy - just that I'll admit that I'm just a fan with limited access to the full wealth of data that goes into a decision like this.

Fans have very short fuses in general. A cornerback gets burned for a big play - 'cut him!' Special teams allows a big return (or two) - 'fire him!'

On multiple occasions, multiple fans on this forum and others have called for the jobs of McVay, Sneed, Stafford, and others. I'm glad we kept them. I'm glad we kept Raheem and his firing is called for almost weekly here.

Yes, 2 missed extra points is bad - and it may indeed be time to look around - but before you let a guy go, you know who is going to replace him.

AppeasFBlGods

Rookie
It's not the mechanics of the FG. Mcvay has said that a few times.. but every announcer has said out during warmups that he's missing all over. So no mental pressure, nothing.. yet he still misses constantly. Warmups should look almost automatic for an actual NFL level kicker

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

1. No Rams are idiots only ROD knows reality. (obvious blue font)

2. No ROD is full of football experts (obvious blue font)

3. We don't know what else is out there and if we claim somebody off another teams PS doesn't mean we're going to get them they could still work out a deal with the player. And yes we have cap space for 1 regular season game with a kicker.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sign who? It may - in fact - be more complicated than you think. Look, I'm not saying that we need to keep this guy - just that I'll admit that I'm just a fan with limited access to the full wealth of data that goes into a decision like this.
1. Matthew Wright - They worked him out in October and has an 86% FG Percentage.
2. Zane Gonzalez - Kicked for ST Team Coach Chase Blackburn back in 2021 FG Percentage 90% in 2021,
3. Ryan Succop - Strong for the Buccaneers. 82% FG Percentage
4. Rodrigo Blankenship - 86.5% as a rookie plus was 2-2 with the Cardinals with a long of 50 yards.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree, I realize McVay thinks highly of Blackburn, but I believe he will take a run at either Ryan Ficken of the Chargers or even Chris Tabor of Carolina.
I disagree, I think McVay knows the bottom of the roster needs improving and he hasn't given Blackburn who yes he thinks very very highly of, the best tools to work with. I don't think McVay is the kind of boss who will fire somebody after not giving him the tools to do the job. We've seen several times including the punt return this week that the players were in position they need to be in. They just didn't make the tackle. And Blackburn cannot do that he can only put them in the right place, which McVay knows very well.

Just look at our returner. We have the absolute worst punt and kick returner in the entire NFL. That's hardly Blackburns fault IMO.

Ellard80

Legend

Fans have very short fuses in general. A cornerback gets burned for a big play - 'cut him!' Special teams allows a big return (or two) - 'fire him!'

On multiple occasions, multiple fans on this forum and others have called for the jobs of McVay, Sneed, Stafford, and others. I'm glad we kept them. I'm glad we kept Raheem and his firing is called for almost weekly here.

Yes, 2 missed extra points is bad - and it may indeed be time to look around - but before you let a guy go, you know who is going to replace him.
There are better possible options that have been listed in this thread.

I expect we will have someone else different kicking the rest of the year.

Will they be good? Sure, they may not

But staying with what we are seeing now would be insanity.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Can you imagine how painful that would have been. And that was the ending that the Rams deserve tbh, in a lot of ways, for whiffing on kicker. The football Gods for whatever reason spared us that indignity.

Would have been the most epic vent thread ever. Boy did we dodge that one. :laugh3: