Havrisik Keep him or Dump him?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should we keep him or dump him?

• Keep him, he's great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep him, he's got potential

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Dump him, he's got potential, but its not worth the risk

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Dump him, he's simply not good enough.

Votes: 57 43.2%

• Total voters

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I disagree, I think McVay knows the bottom of the roster needs improving and he hasn't given Blackburn who yes he thinks very very highly of, the best tools to work with. I don't think McVay is the kind of boss who will fire somebody after not giving him the tools to do the job. We've seen several times including the punt return this week that the players were in position they need to be in. They just didn't make the tackle. And Blackburn cannot do that he can only put them in the right place, which McVay knows very well.

Just look at our returner. We have the absolute worst punt and kick returner in the entire NFL. That's hardly Blackburns fault IMO.
I go back and forth on this..

but.. .

I can't deny that that part of the Rams roster is very, very weak. Huge turnover this year saw some incredible hits.. but depth? No.. there isn't depth.

One of the reasons I keep hammering for trading back multiple times in this draft. Need multiple players.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I go back and forth on this..

but.. .

I can't deny that that part of the Rams roster is very, very weak. Huge turnover this year saw some incredible hits.. but depth? No.. there isn't depth.

One of the reasons I keep hammering for trading back multiple times in this draft. Need multiple players.
We will still plenty of picks to address the roster and cap space for a change. A trade back or two is always a reality with Snead but I don't see a bunch of them and I'm not sure they do it in the 1st, that could change as we get closer to the draft and find out our actual draft spot.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
We will still plenty of picks to address the roster and cap space for a change. A trade back or two is always a reality with Snead but I don't see a bunch of them and I'm not sure they do it in the 1st, that could change as we get closer to the draft and find out our actual draft spot.
From what very little I understand about drafting..

The hardcore guys say there really are only about 15 players out there with true first round grades.
*If* that's the case.. and if that second tier is pretty deep.. I'm absolutely trading back. If there's an OT or Corner there when you draft who you think is exceptional.. I get using the pick.

I'm big on trying to get about 6 picks in the first 100.. and at least 10, overall.

The numbers game, imo, works.

Caveat here.. whatever's going on with Alaric Jackson needs to be something that's not a long-term issue with him as an individual.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From what very little I understand about drafting..

The hardcore guys say there really are only about 15 players out there with true first round grades.
*If* that's the case.. and if that second tier is pretty deep.. I'm absolutely trading back. If there's an OT or Corner there when you draft who you think is exceptional.. I get using the pick.

I'm big on trying to get about 6 picks in the first 100.. and at least 10, overall.

The numbers game, imo, works.

Caveat here.. whatever's going on with Alaric Jackson needs to be something that's not a long-term issue with him as an individual.
Six picks in the first three rounds from our current three would be quite the feat and I doubt is realistic without turning our first into four 3rd rounders. and trading down a lot. You're talking instead of say 25 and 57 and 89 you'd go with 6 picks and only one of them in the 2nd round two at most. Sorry give me a 1st round pick to ad DeJean, Dixon, Arnold or Hart (to name a few) at CB in the first. Kinchens is a possibility there too as are some good edge rushers. That guy being our top pick would be a huge upgrade.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least Finkle was money all season and playoffs until that god damned Dan Marino held the ball laces in.
200.gif

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Six picks in the first three rounds from our current three would be quite the feat and I doubt is realistic without turning our first into four 3rd rounders. and trading down a lot. You're talking instead of say 25 and 57 and 89 you'd go with 6 picks and only one of them in the 2nd round two at most. Sorry give me a 1st round pick to ad DeJean, Dixon, Arnold or Hart (to name a few) at CB in the first. Kinchens is a possibility there too as are some good edge rushers. That guy being our top pick would be a huge upgrade.
I'm counting on Raheem getting them one of those picks. :)

I don't at all discount your angle... I just think that there's still an entire layer of talent needed on this roster.
I think they may be able to upgrade one corner in FA without breaking the bank.. in addition to going all in for an edge.

And I'd be drafting 2 corners in those first 100.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't at all discount your angle... I just think that there's still an entire layer of talent needed on this roster.
I think they may be able to upgrade one corner in FA without breaking the bank.. in addition to going all in for an edge.

Technically Raheem would be out of the top 100. Coach/GM comp picks are after player comps so he'd be around 105-110. :p

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I agree with at least one CB in the first 100.

Need another edge, depth in the middle of the D, another CB and a Gosh Darn Kicker (late rounds LOL)

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I agree with at least one CB in the first 100.

Need another edge, depth in the middle of the D, another CB and a Gosh Darn Kicker (late rounds LOL)
I think my priorities with those picks are..
CB
OT
EDGE
DL
C or safety

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Sign who? It may - in fact - be more complicated than you think. Look, I'm not saying that we need to keep this guy - just that I'll admit that I'm just a fan with limited access to the full wealth of data that goes into a decision like this.

Fans have very short fuses in general. A cornerback gets burned for a big play - 'cut him!' Special teams allows a big return (or two) - 'fire him!'

On multiple occasions, multiple fans on this forum and others have called for the jobs of McVay, Sneed, Stafford, and others. I'm glad we kept them. I'm glad we kept Raheem and his firing is called for almost weekly here.

Yes, 2 missed extra points is bad - and it may indeed be time to look around - but before you let a guy go, you know who is going to replace him.
Not sure what fans having short fuses with other Rams coaches/players, which I only criticize but I never say downright fire, has to do with this, but Havrisik has been afforded way more than enough opportunities to get it right. He's downright the worst kicker on an NFL roster. We should try anyone because it can't get worse honestly. I don't care what the excuses are for this guy. A kicker either gets the job done or he doesn't. This guy doesn't belong on amy NFL roster at all. The person that replaces him is anyone. Shit, I'd take Maher back before this chump.

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

I'm a bit surprised that I don't see more calls for Ben Skow's job. He is the special team captain. He plays on every special team (I'm only pretty sure that is true).

Surely a guy who is eating, breathing, and sleeping special teams should know that he needs to be on the line in order to leap over the kicking team's O line, right?

I see a guy who is passionate out there - but it also feels like a taunting flag is coming after almost every play from him. (not sure one has actually flown yet)

Does he get any heat from ROD? Am I just missing those threads?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
There are better possible options that have been listed in this thread.

I expect we will have someone else different kicking the rest of the year.

Will they be good? Sure, they may not

But staying with what we are seeing now would be insanity.
Couldn't have said it better. Anyone wanting to stick with Havrisik is delusional at this point. He's actually getting worse which is scary as hell.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not sure what fans having short fuses with other Rams coaches, which I only criticize but I never say downright fire, has to do with this, but Havrisik has been afforded way more than enough opportunities to get it right. He's downright the worst kicker on an NFL roster. We should try anyone because it can't get worse honestly. I don't care what the excuses are for this guy. A kicker either gets the job done or he doesn't. This guy doesn't belong on amy NFL roster at all. The person that replaces him is anyone. Shit, I'd take Maher back before this chump.

I can't believe that I have cornered myself into defending our shitty kicker because he could be cut any moment and I'd be fine with it - but since I can't seem to help myself - I think recency bias is in play here. Maher missed a higher percentage of his field goals - not by much, but the numbers don't lie.

I don't think McV has a good deal of confidence in this kid - and it isn't hard to see why.

All I am saying is that I seriously doubt that Snead is not exploring every option out there to have better special teams and his options may be more limited than people here think. A new name out there is not necessarily an improvement - and maybe this kid is a good example of that. This forum was on fire to cut Maher after the Steelers game. We did. Are we better off for it?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm a bit surprised that I don't see more calls for Ben Skow's job. He is the special team captain. He plays on every special team (I'm only pretty sure that is true).

Surely a guy who is eating, breathing, and sleeping special teams should know that he needs to be on the line in order to leap over the kicking team's O line, right?

I see a guy who is passionate out there - but it also feels like a taunting flag is coming after almost every play from him. (not sure one has actually flown yet)

Special teams definitely deserves a lot of criticism, unfortunately theres only one kicker so the scrutiny is way more magnified. Not sure why that would surprise you.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Special teams definitely deserves a lot of criticism, unfortunately theres only one kicker so the scrutiny is way more magnified. Not sure why that would surprise you.
I'm not surprised at all the torches and pitchforks for the kicker. I am surprised that in a forum that weekly calls for the heads of great coaches and players on this team out of frustration, that the special team captain hasn't been much of a target.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I can't believe that I have cornered myself into defending our shitty kicker because he could be cut any moment and I'd be fine with it - but since I can't seem to help myself - I think recency bias is in play here. Maher missed a higher percentage of his field goals - not by much, but the numbers don't lie.

I don't think McV has a good deal of confidence in this kid - and it isn't hard to see why.

All I am saying is that I seriously doubt that Snead is not exploring every option out there to have better special teams and his options may be more limited than people here think. A new name out there is not necessarily an improvement - and maybe this kid is a good example of that. This forum was on fire to cut Maher after the Steelers game. We did. Are we better off for it?
No, we weren't in a better position after cutting Maher, but he earned the cut. Now Havrisik is doing the same. As painful as it is, when a player isn't cutting it and is downright shitting away the opportunities, we need to keep cycling thru them until one performs better. Honestly making XPs shouldn't be that hard. Its like he was like, y'all think Maher was bad....hokd my beer. I must add that this kicker almost gives me a heart attack whenever he kicks period. I'm too damn young to have a heart attack man! :laugh1:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm not surprised at all the torches and pitchforks for the kicker. I am surprised that in a forum that weekly calls for the heads of great coaches and players on this team out of frustration, that the special team captain hasn't been much of a target.
Think after Skow showed some versatility last year, McVay is more keen on keeping him around. Unfortunately special teams is full of back up players and we all know our depth is shit this year because we had to play it cheap. With better depth, we'll improve there but not til next year. Our special teams unit also scares the shit outta me by yhe way. I yelled on every punt return to not like them return it for a TD.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

The way teams has played this year I think most of those involved deserve the criticism. Certainly the ST captain is included in that.