Havrisik Keep him or Dump him?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should we keep him or dump him?

• Keep him, he's great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep him, he's got potential

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Dump him, he's got potential, but its not worth the risk

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Dump him, he's simply not good enough.

Votes: 57 43.2%

• Total voters

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think he's better to develop on the practice squad. We need a reliable kicker now. Worrying how he might turn out next year is a disservice to the players that are working hard to win this year.

Fair.

Mind you, I voted "has potential but needs to be replaced". I just don't think there's a better option out there. Even Mason Crosby had his warts (and obviously didn't kick well enough in practice to earn a job).

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Fair.

Mind you, I voted "has potential but needs to be replaced". I just don't think there's a better option out there. Even Mason Crosby had his warts (and obviously didn't kick well enough in practice to earn a job).
Riley Patterson is a better option out there. I hope we put in a claim for him, but if he clears waivers, we should definitely sign him. Patterson only has accuracy issues from beyond 50 yds and is only 24 years old. Couldn't ask for a more perfect match at this point of the season.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I was thinking, that if we put a claim on Patterson - that maybe some other team might also do that, to prevent the Rams from taking him -- then I realized, it was Detroit that let him go....

Since we could end up playing Detroit in the playoffs - just imagine that we sign Patterson - and he nails the game winner -- against Detroit?!?! Would that be a story, or what? :wow2:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I was thinking, that if we put a claim on Patterson - that maybe some other team might also do that, to prevent the Rams from taking him -- then I realized, it was Detroit that let him go....

Since we could end up playing Detroit in the playoffs - just imagine that we sign Patterson - and he nails the game winner -- against Detroit?!?! Would that be a story, or what? :wow2:
That would be awesome and I mentioned that as a possible pitch to get him to sign with us if he did clear waivers. Gotta say I'm surprised we don't know that info since I thought it was 24 hours for a player to clear waivers.

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Just found this. I don't know what the hell the Rams are waiting for

Screenshot_20231222-202341.png

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Bring Place Kicker Tanner Brown back at least he struck the ball well. Howisuk has terrible post strike mechanics

Malibu

Pro Bowler
if we don't win the Superbowl or playoff game or 0 games from now forward it won't all be haverisks fault. just sayin. go rams.
Conversely my guess these playoff games could come down to a kick do you want Haveraik making that kick I don't honestly 45 yards and farther I would rather punt and pin them back gain 30 yards assuming the ball lands somewhere around the 5 - 10 yard line or go for it on 4th down than have him kick.

I'll say it again he sucked at AZ only making 60% of his kicks and he has sucked for the Rams. Sorry 43 yarder s should be made 100 out of a 100 times.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
This feels like the bead exercise in the old TQL course they taught the military back in the late 80s. It was at the beginning of the era where we were tired of getting our shit pushed in by Japanese manufacturing excellence so we adopted their focus on system rather than results. The bead exercise had a bag of beads with a couple different colors and you would put an egg carton looking thing in the bag to draw ten or whatever and then count how many red beads (defects) you'd get. Then you'd get browbeaten about not making the cut when you had a bad draw and all that. It was to push home how some orgs had a system set up to create unrealistic expectations and would then operate off of them to include axeing execs due to poor results.

Truth is it's not realistic to cycle through castoff kickers and expect top results. Basic idea here by the Rams is to try to grow a kicker in Havrisik. It's not ideal but it's where we're at and probably not much more to be done about it until the postseason. Guessing we're gonna draft one late next spring.
We are not finding Tucker in the FA pile but Maher as an example only missed 2 kicks under 50 I'd rather have him back.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We are not finding Tucker in the FA pile but Maher as an example only missed 2 kicks under 50 I'd rather have him back.
IMO, sign Riley Patterson to the practice squad and may the best man win. Patterson might be more consistent. Be interesting as I do think the Rams will sign a new long snapper over Tinker, but will they actually look for a different holder? Evans has held all year, but he had not done that in college. I believe Wentz could hold because I think he has, so I wonder what will happen.

Would really like them to sign Patterson though.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Did he clear waivers?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Then I'm all in. Go get him and Houston.