Havrisik Keep him or Dump him?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should we keep him or dump him?

• Keep him, he's great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep him, he's got potential

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Dump him, he's got potential, but its not worth the risk

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Dump him, he's simply not good enough.

Votes: 57 43.2%

• Total voters

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah but McVay held on to Bobby Evans way too long. There's two sides to that coin. I just hope he picks the side you stated sooner than later.
Yes you are right. There is the OL, also RB. And special teams have never been his priority. These are all areas he's still attending the school of hard knocks it seems.

But all head coaches have areas of ignorance. And even with that included I don't think any other coach is as ruthless as he is once he thinks someone isn't good enough. What he has to do is get to the point where he knows where that line is with some of these positions.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Suppose this Kicker situation turns into a blessing and we start going for and making a lot of 4th down attempts? The way the O is starting to hit on all cylinders, I think our chances go way up and we would score more. I think McVay has made up his mind about going for it more with this K. Don't be surprised if you don't start seeing the Rams going for it on 4th and less than 8 if they are between the 25 to 40. There's a silver lining somewhere here.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Suppose this Kicker situation turns into a blessing and we start going for and making a lot of 4th down attempts? The way the O is starting to hit on all cylinders, I think our chances go way up and we would score more. I think McVay has made up his mind about going for it more with this K. Don't be surprised if you don't start seeing the Rams going for it on 4th and less than 8 if they are between the 25 to 40. There's a silver lining somewhere here.
1703291150919.png

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
larry-david.gif

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
So 75% of the fans on this board want him gone. It's not like we are idiots here. We actually have eyes and can see how bad he is. Now why won't the coaching staff just do what needs to be done?
This guy is like the John Wolford of kickers.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Ahhh... so the GIANTS have no problem bringing in a kicker, eh?
Do they know something that the Rams do not?? :woozy2:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ok, I'm game. Havrisik, paraplegics got better leg than you!

...I'm technically paraplegic (have movement in my legs, but standing on my own without help, let alone walking, is not possible), and I'm pretty sure Havrisik has a better leg than me.

But anyway, I just...I don't know with him. He clearly has the leg, and if he fixes his mechanical issues, he could be just as good for us as Zuerlein was. The Ravens game was proof with that; he was the only reason we had any business being that close - with a clutch kick in overtime, no less.

He just needs consistency.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
...I'm technically paraplegic (have movement in my legs, but standing on my own without help, let alone walking, is not possible), and I'm pretty sure Havrisik has a better leg than me.

But anyway, I just...I don't know with him. He clearly has the leg, and if he fixes his mechanical issues, he could be just as good for us as Zuerlein was. The Ravens game was proof with that; he was the only reason we had any business being that close - with a clutch kick in overtime, no less.

He just needs consistency.
Well apologies if there was any offense. I was clearly joking, but not to offend anyone. However, I clearly disagree with the approach of trying to develop him in the midst of a playoff run. His kicks are so erratic it's downright scary. I'd be ok with this if we weren't on the path to the playoffs, but we need someone more reliable. I highly doubt he'll ever be as good as Zuerlein. He needs to work on his accuracy on the practice squad. The Rams need a reliable kicker and he is anything but that. If he isn't replaced, he's going to lose us a game. Id rather we go after Patterson who is only 24 years old. McVay is being stubborn and has been provided multiple examples by Havrisik that we need a new kicker.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well apologies if there was any offense. I was clearly joking, but not to offend anyone. However, I clearly disagree with the approach of trying to develop him in the midst of a playoff run. His kicks are so erratic it's downright scary. I'd be ok with this if we weren't on the path to the playoffs, but we need someone more reliable. I highly doubt he'll ever be as good as Zuerlein. He needs to work on his accuracy on the practice squad. The Rams need a reliable kicker and he is anything but that. If he isn't replaced, he's going to lose us a game. Id rather we go after Patterson who is only 24 years old. McVay is being stubborn and has been provided multiple examples by Havrisik that we need a new kicker.

No offense taken; I understand you were joking.

But again, it could turn out a lot like Matt Gay did for us, and McVay's stubborn for that reason. (And yeah, Tinker is a clear downgrade at longsnapper when compared to Ward; there were quite a few high snaps that I haven't seen all year, and that's probably why McVay's trying out longsnappers.)

InfiniteRam

Rookie
Havrisik appears to have some issues mental things affecting his confidence. His short field goals last night, all look great, and right down the middle. They look effortless. Anything outside of 40 and his entire mechanics change.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Havrisik appears to have some issues mental things affecting his confidence. His short field goals last night, all look great, and right down the middle. They look effortless. Anything outside of 40 and his entire mechanics change.
Well this is the wrong time to work on mechanics. We're trying to win in the playoffs if we get there. I'd hate to lose because McVay is too stubborn to see what everyone else sees, the guy is no good. Also all of his kicks did not look good at all. The very first extra point barely went in. He pushes the ball way too much.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No offense taken; I understand you were joking.

But again, it could turn out a lot like Matt Gay did for us, and McVay's stubborn for that reason. (And yeah, Tinker is a clear downgrade at longsnapper when compared to Ward; there were quite a few high snaps that I haven't seen all year, and that's probably why McVay's trying out longsnappers.)
I think he's better to develop on the practice squad. We need a reliable kicker now. Worrying how he might turn out next year is a disservice to the players that are working hard to win this year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So 75% of the fans on this board want him gone. It's not like we are idiots here. We actually have eyes and can see how bad he is. Now why won't the coaching staff just do what needs to be done?
This guy is like the John Wolford of kickers.
Correction

75% of the people at the time they voted wanted him gone. We could have more than that by now or not. Add to that the voting options are so bad it's hard to tell what people really feel.

I doubt there are many Rams fans who don't want to upgrade the kicker position. But as many people who want an upgrade seem to feel there isn't an actual upgrade out there.