Goff or Wentz?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
....And Goff got 1 3/4 yrs of good Gurley. Since near the end of 18' he was not the same guy. And in 16' we go back to the fact that without blocking it doesn't matter what your weapons are.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Brandon Brooks, Jason Peter, Lane Johnson, and Jason Kelce are better than anything Goff has had as a group. Please.

Weapons don't mean a damn if they ate not blocked for. That's football101.

And you failed to mention Ertz & Goedert. I would consider them great weapons.

I didn't mention the Eagle TEs because you already did. Besides, I really don't see them as being that much better if at all than Higbee & Everett. They were/are just used more.

And that big named OLine group has struggled to stay healthy over the years.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm a huge Marge's husband but Goff has always been my choice, since before the draft and every day after. Even during the high-school offense.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's really ironic now isn't it? Wentz, by far, passed the eye test as looking like the more sturdy and NFL ready QB. Goff looked like a skinny kid fixing to get his head taken off. I was totally miffed at which we should pick but was leaning toward Wentz because of the deceiving "eye test" and then there was all the talk about the "small hands". The instant we took Goff I was on board though because, well, what choice do you have at that point. I know Fisher surely didn't have the last say on the pick because Wentz definitely looked like a Fisher kind of guy. We won in the end!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I didn't mention the Eagle TEs because you already did. Besides, I really don't see them as being that much better if at all than Higbee & Everett. They were/are just used more.

And that big named OLine group has struggled to stay healthy over the years.
And the Rams OL was healthy last yr?

Point is it's not like Wentz has been playing with the Bengals.

He has had talent to work with and a very good offensive scheme and coach to also work with.

Not to mention a weak division and schedule the last 3 yrs.

In his 11-2 season in 2017, they played 3 teams with winning records. They were 1-2 in those games.

Since then he was 5-6 in 18' & 9-7 last yr and now 0-1.

So he is 14-14 since the beginning of 18' and 7 of those wins were vs the Giants & Washington in 18' & 19'.

Think about that. 7 wins against the rest of the league over two yrs.

(Foles beat Washington at the end of 18')

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
As a veteran Pac-12 fan and UCLA alumnus (Class of 1977) I saw a lot of Goff at CAL. I had some friends up in Berkeley and even went to a couple of games at the time Goff was the QB. He looked darn good at the time--even though CAL didn't have much of a team at the time. I did see Wentz a couple of times on TV and he also looked good. But I honestly believed that Goff was the better QB. I still think so and I really think he will lead us to the Promised Land at least a couple of times. Go RAMS.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Besides, I said weapons. Robert Woods, Todd Gurley, Cooper Kupp, Brandon Cooks, Sammy Watkins, Tyler Higbee (who always had the skills, but just started being used last year). That's pretty strong compared to Wentz's weapons over the years.

When I saw this ^ I thought of this:

....And Goff got 1 3/4 yrs of good Gurley. Since near the end of 18' he was not the same guy. And in 16' we go back to the fact that without blocking it doesn't matter what your weapons are.

Goff’s 2016 support, Fisher, not a strong supporting cast offensively.

And the 2019 version of Gurley and Cooks were not good.

So we’re down to debating 2017/2018 supporting casts.

That doesn’t look like a HUGE advantage to Goff, to me.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Fair to say that both Wentz and Goff have benefited from their supporting casts and coaching staffs. 2017 Eagles lost both their starting LT and QB and still won the Super Bowl. They had much talent and depth both on offense and defense. And of course Goff had the offensive system, offensive line and weapons to thrive otherwise the 2018 Rams wouldn't have been challenging the GSOT's scoring records.

Prescott, Wentz and Goff have taken turns when it comes to having the best seasons. Prescott in '16, Wentz in '17 and Goff in '18. Some point in the next few years, someone will distinguish himself as the best QB from that draft, distance himself from the other two but I don't think it's happened yet.

Memphis Ram

Legend
And the Rams OL was healthy last yr?

Point is it's not like Wentz has been playing with the Bengals.

He has had talent to work with and a very good offensive scheme and coach to also work with.

Not to mention a weak division and schedule the last 3 yrs.

In his 11-2 season in 2017, they played 3 teams with winning records. They were 1-2 in those games.

Since then he was 5-6 in 18' & 9-7 last yr and now 0-1.

So he is 14-14 since the beginning of 18' and 7 of those wins were vs the Giants & Washington in 18' & 19'.

Think about that. 7 wins against the rest of the league over two yrs.

(Foles beat Washington at the end of 18')

But, I haven't said that Eagles are devoid of talent like some of the Bengals teams. Nor have I said that he wasn't in a good offensive scheme or with a good coach. I just said that Goff has had better weapons around him.

Rams OL healthy last year? No. But, these past few years, the Eagles teams have had FAR more injuries than the Rams.

And sorry, but I don't attribute wins and losses to QBs in a team sport. I didn't and don't for Goff and I won't for Wentz.

Memphis Ram

Legend
When I saw this ^ I thought of this:

Goff’s 2016 support, Fisher, not a strong supporting cast offensively.

And the 2019 version of Gurley and Cooks were not good.

So we’re down to debating 2017/2018 supporting casts.

That doesn’t look like a HUGE advantage to Goff, to me.

Wait a minute. Even if one attributed the declines of Gurley and/or Cooks in 2019, they were still better than what the Eagles had. I watched a former college QB turn WR being the Eagles top target in some games. They signed RB Boston Scott off another team's practice squad and he even started a couple games.

Simply put, given what we know now (including the myriad of injuries) would you trade Goff weapons during his tenure for Wentz's weapons. I wouldn't. And I don't think anyone here would.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Wait a minute. Even if one attributed the declines of Gurley and/or Cooks in 2019, they were still better than what the Eagles had. I watched a former college QB turn WR being the Eagles top target in some games. They signed RB Boston Scott off another team's practice squad and he even started a couple games.

Simply put, given what we know now (including the myriad of injuries) would you trade Goff weapons during his tenure for Wentz's weapons. I wouldn't. And I don't think anyone here would.
Miles Sanders had a really good rookie yr last yr.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Miles Sanders had a really good rookie yr last yr.

He's a good RB and the Eagles missed him last week, however, the Eagles offensive line is a MASH Unit right now, look for Sanders in the passing game, but hopefully the Rams will account for that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since Wentz has been with the Eagles, they have made the playoffs 3 times, and played a total of 6 post season games.
Wentz didnt take as much as 1 snap in the first 5, and barely broke a sweat before McCown took over for him in the first Q in last year loss.
Had injury history in college too
Cant help the club from the tub
We're good with Goff

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
He's a good RB and the Eagles missed him last week, however, the Eagles offensive line is a MASH Unit right now, look for Sanders in the passing game, but hopefully the Rams will account for that.
Agree... Screens to Sanders & Scott was a go to for them late last yr. That will be back.

KayJay

Starter
Yup. Just gonna go ahead and resurrect this thread.

tenor (1).gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can tell you this, say what you will about next week, but it was very clear to me which QB was better this week.