Goff or Wentz?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
The debate never ends. Or does it?

Iggles fans are getting close to giving up on Wentz.

For those who enjoy schadenboners, here’s one:

“I have always backed Wentz. Today, half way through the 3rd quarter, I ripped off my Wentz jersey, and put on a regular t-shirt. After FIVE YEARS, he doesn't know when to throw the ball away and not take a critical sack, doesn't have his footwork down, and made rookie mistakes. FIVE f- ing years, and he is STILL doing the same self defeating things. That tells me something. If after FIVE freekin years, you continue to make the same mistakes, it's not the coaches, it's not the o-line.... it's YOU. It's really sad, but Carson isn't who we thought he was.“

Last edited:

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Well if we're posting about pre draft of the 2 would be Wentz cause he was from a pro style O.

But Thank You baby J we got McVay and things have worked out pretty good.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Since the Rams took Goff I haven’t thought twice about it.

Our QB is a 15 year starter who hasn’t missed a snap from injury while having gone to a Super Bowl.

Their QB is hurt every season and has yet to finish a playoff game. Talent means nothing when you can’t stay on the field.

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
I had a feeling that Wentz's playing style would get him hurt pre-draft. I'm generally not a fan of mobile QBs because it's a rare skill to be really good at it. It's fun to watch but that play style can catch up to you if you take a bad hit. There's a reason Brady and Brees are still in the league. I also thought Goff had a better arm overall.

That said, I don't think the Eagles offense set him up for success.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That said, I don't think the Eagles offense set him up for success.

Yeah, as much as I love Goff and banging on Wentz is sort of fun... Wentz is not in a good spot to be successful right now, IMO.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Wasn't a good first game, but it was only one out of 16 this year. They loved him last December. The fickleness and fairweather nature of Philadelphia.

Disloyal Iggles fan said:
“I have always backed Wentz.

Yeah, it sounds like it.

Today, half way through the 3rd quarter, I ripped off my Wentz jersey, and put on a regular t-shirt.

Wow, he"backed Wentz" for a full half of football this year.

Debacled

Starter
Eagles fans...they'll be ripping a jersey off in the 2nd quarter forming an angry mob with pitch forks and torches and then have it right back on cheering the same dude in the 4th

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Wasn't a good first game, but it was only one out of 16 this year. They loved him last December. The fickleness and fairweather nature of Philadelphia.

Yeah, it sounds like it.

Wow, he"backed Wentz" for a full half of football this year.
I don't keep up with every team but didn't he have 3 starting Oline guys out ?

Because of his injury history I'm glad we took Goff but busting on a Qb with that going on hummm.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If I remember correctly, the perception at the time was Wentz was more NFL ready but Goff had a higher ceiling. The one thing that stands out most today is that Goff has never missed a game. In college and pros. And he was battered behind some really bad lines in his younger days. Some guys just have a knack for absorbing hits without serious injury. Maybe Goff knows how to brace himself right before impact. Wentz played with reckless abandon and that is catching up to him. He missed time in college too.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I’ve seen Goff make way more THROWS that are jaw dropping. That pass to Jefferson was other worldly and I think 50% of QBs don’t attempt that throw, and maybe 4 QBs have the accuracy to complete that. Goff had an off year last year and was still 3rd in yards. He still made some ridiculous throws too. He’s young and still getting better. At the end of their respective careers, Wentz will be the “QB that could have” but was derailed by injuries (unless a change in trend were to happen), and Goff will be the “QB that did.” AND Goff has McVay. It’s almost not fair. Either would have been a good choice, but I’m glad Fisher picked Goff.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I thought that pre-draft stuff about Wentz's "pro-style offense" was sorta crap. The NDSU game film I watched showed lots of that mid-line version of the zone read or w/e the F that was. I mean Kaep and RG III looked good when the zone read was working in their actual pro-offenses. Take the zr away and they became sub-ordinary QBs. I thought the same could very well happen to Wentz. Time will tell, I guess.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would love Wentz' physical abilities to come with Goffs accuracy. I haven't been a Goff fan since day one. But the guy is deadly accurate. I also question his leadership. But I am not in the locker room, so who am I to judge. I like a QB is will get in his WR asses for running the wrong route. But Wentz...dude is made of paper. He's constantly hurt. And he hasn't grown as an NFL mind. Goff over Wentz all day. And I've NEVER said that before.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I was for Goff during the draft but was thinking Wentz was a better fit for Fisher.