Gerald Everett Is The Answer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
I been screaming about targeting Everett since last year. The guy is a hybrid who you can line up as a WR too.

McVay really needs to do more with Everett and Higbee to get better success in the pass game.

I can't wait for the SF game...IT'S TIME TO SHOW THE NAYSAYERS!

Ram65

Legend
I hope they keep targeting Everett. It seems like after he has a big game they don't go back to him the next game or so. I don't know if it's the play calling or Goff looking elsewhere. I think Goff has said he throws to the open man. Tams need to exploit the middle of the field with Everett.

Nice designed screen pass to Higbee. He can run over tacklers too if given a chance.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
That first drive outta half was just...orgasmic. Higgs and Everett were amazing. I would like to see two things happen. Mt. Everett in on 11. Cooks out in 12 (Kupp, Woods, Everett, Higbee,) to give us our best blockers/passing options in that "Heavy" set
Nothing wrong with making teams adjust, and I agree completely with Kupp, Woods, Everett and Higbee. Everett would make a versatile fullback in that group as well..

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
He’s certainly a big part of the answer. Last night sucked but we finally saw McVay scheming against the 6-1 and it worked completely. So hopefully they can integrate that into the playbook now to be able to go freely between that and the old school 11 personnel so they can adjust on the fly.

I love Everett’s physicality too. He was fighting like a dog on this yacs he had. Loved it, was exactly the energy our offense needed. Love the way him and Kupp play after the catch.

Also, he fucking destroyed Clowney on a chip. He was ready last night.

View: https://twitter.com/kaylachristin_e/status/1179939269382561792?s=21

o_O o_O o_O + :cool::cool::cool: = :ROFLMAO:

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
And that RAC is real too, not some fluke in a short sample size. It's something he showed consistently in his college tape.
Most broken tackles... I thought Kupp had ten on one run a couple weeks ago!!!!!!

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Talking about seeing this season through Sean Mcvay's eyes.

He's working on feeling the ebb and flow of everything.

I think we are likely going to see this offense grow in many ways using the 12 personnel.

Gurley, Higbee, Everett, Kupp, Woods

I think that is the best set for the 12 personnel as they are so versatile. You can obviously mix and match personnel groupings. Albeit mixing and matching too much goes away from a key Mcvay philosophy and that it is making everything look the exact same.

I love the learning our young O line and other players are getting early this season. Everyone deploying the 6-1 defense to stymie us. But the honest truth is it's just gearing us up to really know how to execute our offense when we face a real test.

I expect, that's right expect us to rip off four games in a row that we are tuned in as a collective going into the Bears game in which will be the test to how we really fare against this defensive philosophy.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I hope they keep targeting Everett. It seems like after he has a big game they don't go back to him the next game or so. I don't know if it's the play calling or Goff looking elsewhere. I think Goff has said he throws to the open man. Tams need to exploit the middle of the field with Everett.

Nice designed screen pass to Higbee. He can run over tacklers too if given a chance.
I love Goff, and I don't think he's the problem right now and especially not last night, but I'm pretty sure if he said that he's lying. He usually throws to the farthest down field guy or Kupp.

It was great to see him make some smart checkdown/intermediate throws.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Welp...the pass right through his paws didn't cement his status.... That was the game changing play. But... the naysayers will say ...it's all on Goff!!!!

Lol, that is probably true. Perfect pass results in INT. Clutch drive from the 7 with no timeouts puts them in chip shot field goal range. Yet, there will be people that say he threw a pick and couldn't bring them back in the final minute.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
If you want to know what our counter to the 6-1 or the A-Gap pressure (used by TB) is, it's Gerald Everett. If I'm right and he is breaking out, he solves both problems. If you can't cover Everett one on one, you can't attack the A-Gaps aggressively or plug up the LOS with the 6-1. The issue against TB was blocking their pass rushers (hopefully, the OL is starting to gel) and the defense. But Everett is the answer to how teams are defending us. They leave the middle of the field vulnerable to an inline TE who can win one on ones and create after the catch. And if teams have to respect Everett, that'll open up running lanes for Gurley. I think McVay has figured it out and is about to bring the pain to NFL D's again.

Everett had 19 targets in the last 2 games. That’s top of list for TEs. When asked about the identity of the 2019 Rams, McVay said they are figuring it out and you saw some of that Thursday night in the personnel they used.

I’m very skeptical of Gurley being an elite RB anymore, but it appears that McVay plans to move on from Gurley being the focal point, Bell Cow, or whatever you want to call him, and attack with Everett similar to what he did with Jordan Reed. I think it was a matter of time before McVay got back to his roots as a TE Jedi master.

The hope here is that Goff builds a strong rapport with Everett. That throw across his body to GE was a killer to defend.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Everett is thick and well built. Amazing hands.

Get him involved!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The hope here is that Goff builds a strong rapport with Everett. That throw across his body to GE was a killer to defend.

Great to have you back on this board Maxie....Higbee playing a pivotal role as well as bringing in Wes Phillips to coach the Tight Ends was a plus as well.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He’s certainly a big part of the answer. Last night sucked but we finally saw McVay scheming against the 6-1 and it worked completely. So hopefully they can integrate that into the playbook now to be able to go freely between that and the old school 11 personnel so they can adjust on the fly.

I love Everett’s physicality too. He was fighting like a dog on this yacs he had. Loved it, was exactly the energy our offense needed. Love the way him and Kupp play after the catch.

Also, he fucking destroyed Clowney on a chip. He was ready last night.

View: https://twitter.com/kaylachristin_e/status/1179939269382561792?s=21

Holy shit he "decleated" him as they used to say.

When asked about the identity of the 2019 Rams, McVay said they are figuring it out and you saw some of that Thursday night in the personnel they used.

Long time no talk Max! I always enjoy reading you when I swing over to the Herd on occassion.

I think McVay is correct, they are trying to figure it out and your point about Gurley not being the centerpiece hasn't helped because they don't have that to rely on. They are still doing really well and once they do get it smoothed out tings will be different.

The worry is the D, especially the secondary!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Great to have you back on this board Maxie....Higbee playing a pivotal role as well as bringing in Wes Phillips to coach the Tight Ends was a plus as well.
Thanks den. Life’s too short. And the days grow shorter when you reach September as Sinatra said.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Holy shit he "decleated" him as they used to say.

Long time no talk Max! I always enjoy reading you when I swing over to the Herd on occassion.

I think McVay is correct, they are trying to figure it out and your point about Gurley not being the centerpiece hasn't helped because they don't have that to rely on. They are still doing really well and once they do get it smoothed out tings will be different.

The worry is the D, especially the secondary!

Hey Les. I’m curious to see how McVay works Henderson into the fold. It’s coming soon to a theater near you.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hey Les. I’m curious to see how McVay works Henderson into the fold. It’s coming soon to a theater near you.

Indeed..........so far it's been a big fat noting-burger. Though Brown has been doing OK on the ground he's never been a threat catching out of the backfield. Maybe that's where Henderson can earn some time on the field by showing in practice.

dang

Legend
Being the eternal Rams optimist. It took the Rams offense too long to get going but once they did they were only undone by their mistakes:

1st Half
FG - need to punch it in
FG - same
Punt
Punt
Fumble - on 20 yard line driving towards a TD
TD

2nd Half
TD - beautiful drive
Punt
TD
FG
Int - off ball Everett should have caught for 1st down
Missed FG - nice drive that ran out of time

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Indeed..........so far it's been a big fat noting-burger. Though Brown has been doing OK on the ground he's never been a threat catching out of the backfield. Maybe that's where Henderson can earn some time on the field by showing in practice.
Supposedly, DH is a Chris Thompson type player. How they work him into that role will be interesting to watch.

And if Everett is gonna get 9 targets a game as I suspect, who gets the reduction? Not Kupp. I think Brown may be odd man out going forward unless Gurley breaks down.