Gerald Everett Is The Answer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
@jrry32 i agree with everything you said he might be the answer but my fear is that he is the answer to one of many questions. this team has more questions than answers. Cornerbacks, run stuffing d lineman and an offensive lineman or two. Gurley touches still no answer the dude Is ripping off chunk yardage but we still hearing something wrong with him. And the jury is still deliberating on goff. Did I miss anything?

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Yet we gave Higbee the bag cuz he's JG's roomie. ALways felt GE was the better prospect. Let's see what happens.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Everret had a hell of a game. But he scares me how he runs with the ball in traffic or encountering defenders. He will have alot of fumbles if he doesnt correct that

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Mundt was dressed tonight and I noticed 13 personnel once. I hope we mix up some 12 & 13 sets along w/ GE in 11 sets. This should loosen up the Defenses moving fwd this season.

Anyone else notice Mundt on the field in a 13 set?

HellRam

Starter
About time they utilized Everett as the 2nd round talent he is. He's definitely a match up nightmare, especially against the 6-1 as mentioned by the op. Higs had a nice perfomance tonight as well.

McVay might have found his counter.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Everett is an animal with the ball in his hands. Too bad he let that pass go through his hands. The last couple of weeks is how mcvay envisaged he would use him. And boy did he deliver.

Higbee came alive in the 2nd half as well. They make a great te combo.

Excited to see them keep it going.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tyler Higbee played well too, the answer my friend in throwing to the right end, the answer is throwing to the tight end.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else notice Mundt on the field in a 13 set?
Yeah the camera focused on Mundt in the huddle and I thought "Uh Oh, is Higs or Everett hurt?" And then the camera pulls back and all three are in the game. My response?

"Hell yeah!"

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Everett is an animal with the ball in his hands. Too bad he let that pass go through his hands. The last couple of weeks is how mcvay envisaged he would use him. And boy did he deliver.

Higbee came alive in the 2nd half as well. They make a great te combo.

Excited to see them keep it going.

During training camp Mcvay was using both the Te’s a lot. Cool to see, because in drills against Wade Higbee made a nice play & then went right back to him the very next play. It was a little bit of a pattern. Saw it last night (tm) myself . Right on!! Good play calling.
He did the same with Everett. In training camp wig Cooks as well. When Cooks went down , Everett came alive.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I actually think 11 personnel is the right call. We stalled out early in 12. Kupp has to be on the field. I think Everett in 11 personnel is the solution. Higbee isn't enough of a threat to force teams to respect him and back off. Everett can be.

12 personnel sets with Higbee, Everett, Kupp, and Woods/Cooks would make for a dynamic offense with Everett occasionally moving from the TE to the WR spot. Just a matter of McVay adding wrinkles to that set.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Actually the offense started moving when BOTH Higbee and Everrett got involved in the offense.

I do agree that Everett is a guy that needs to be featured more. He takes pressure off the WRs and puts pressure on the other teams LBs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually the offense started moving when BOTH Higbee and Everrett got involved in the offense.

I do agree that Everett is a guy that needs to be featured more. He takes pressure off the WRs and puts pressure on the other teams LBs.

That's true, but they typically werent on the field at the same time at that point.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Kind of makes you wonder again about that Higbee extension, pretty obvious he can't do the things that Everett can do in the passing game

Yet often, not so much this year, the last two years Higbee has one or two catches a game where he's wide open and gets 20-30 yds. Why can't that happen more often!?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
That's true, but they typically werent on the field at the same time at that point.

Not saying they have to be on the field together, just saying going to them definitely gave the offense a different look. Of course you need to be able to block up front and not have to rely on the TE position to help all the time.

Psycho_X

Legend
He’s certainly a big part of the answer. Last night sucked but we finally saw McVay scheming against the 6-1 and it worked completely. So hopefully they can integrate that into the playbook now to be able to go freely between that and the old school 11 personnel so they can adjust on the fly.

I love Everett’s physicality too. He was fighting like a dog on this yacs he had. Loved it, was exactly the energy our offense needed. Love the way him and Kupp play after the catch.

Also, he fucking destroyed Clowney on a chip. He was ready last night.

View: https://twitter.com/kaylachristin_e/status/1179939269382561792?s=21

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Everett is a stud and so is higs, you guys are forgetting he had a couple of really nice catches

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thank you Robert Allen Zimmerman haha
1570213976317.png