Gerald Everett Is The Answer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you want to know what our counter to the 6-1 or the A-Gap pressure (used by TB) is, it's Gerald Everett. If I'm right and he is breaking out, he solves both problems. If you can't cover Everett one on one, you can't attack the A-Gaps aggressively or plug up the LOS with the 6-1. The issue against TB was blocking their pass rushers (hopefully, the OL is starting to gel) and the defense. But Everett is the answer to how teams are defending us. They leave the middle of the field vulnerable to an inline TE who can win one on ones and create after the catch. And if teams have to respect Everett, that'll open up running lanes for Gurley. I think McVay has figured it out and is about to bring the pain to NFL D's again.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Fingers crossed you are correct. Many people, myself included, have been harping on using Everett more for a few seasons now. Under Williams, big and athletic TEs used to shred us all the time in the middle of the field. Hopefully, we can start seeing some of that action in our favor!

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Welp...the pass right through his paws didn't cement his status.... That was the game changing play. But... the naysayers will say ...it's all on Goff!!!!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I think you're right @jrry32, the plays he did make tonight show why we drafted him. He was wide open in the middle of the field at least twice that I saw.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've been asking when McVay was going to start using his Right Ends to keep defenses honest since the Bears game. I'm glad to see he quit being so stubborn with his 11 personnel and decided it was time to change things up.

I love Everett's drive to gain extra yards.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welp...the pass right through his paws didn't cement his status.... That was the game changing play. But... the naysayers will say ...it's all on Goff!!!!

That's true. But he came back the next drive and made multiple key plays. He had 130+ yards. The drop was a killer, but I think we can forgive him on it. The kid seems to have found his game. If Goff hadn't missed him last week, he would have had 70 to 80 yards and 2 TDs. And then he blew up again this week against a Seattle defense that has great LBs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been asking when McVay was going to start using his Right Ends to keep defenses honest since the Bears game. I'm glad to see he quit being so stubborn with his 11 personnel and decided it was time to change things up.

I love Everett's drive to gain extra yards.

I actually think 11 personnel is the right call. We stalled out early in 12. Kupp has to be on the field. I think Everett in 11 personnel is the solution. Higbee isn't enough of a threat to force teams to respect him and back off. Everett can be.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I actually think 11 personnel is the right call. We stalled out early in 12. Kupp has to be on the field. I think Everett in 11 personnel is the solution. Higbee isn't enough of a threat to force teams to respect him and back off. Everett can be.
He really looked good blocking today also. I like GE. Obviously, the drop was brutal. He, still seems like a hungry, ascending player to me.

He could be a star, if given, and executing key plays. He was a non-factor the last couple years, and this year, it seems, he will be a factor, win, or lose.

jjab360

Legend
Kind of makes you wonder again about that Higbee extension, pretty obvious he can't do the things that Everett can do in the passing game

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think you're mostly right about that @jrry but I would say he's growing into being that answer. And he took a big step tonight. Goff is starting to trust him.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I picked him up with my last pick in Fantasy for a reason, he needs to be our starter and he needs to start being fed more. He's gotten to the point he's ready to take off.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Everett>Higbee. Just an arm chair QB's opinion, but his up side just seems way higher. Higbee is NFL starting material, but I'm with Jrry on this one. Everett is better for our offense than Higbee.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everett>Higbee. Just an arm chair QB's opinion, but his up side just seems way higher. Higbee is NFL starting material, but I'm with Jrry on this one. Everett is better for our offense than Higbee.
I think in this offense they're different type dudes. Higs is the in-line TE, Everett is the weapon. Everett isn't the blocker Higs is but what we need right now is another mismatch and he gives us one when he's playing like tonight.

Higs had a really nice game btw. And I like him on the late release underneath, he's not a RAC guy but he is a damn load for a DB that first down he got was beastly.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Looking forward to seeing McVay dust off the playbook from his OC days with the Redskins along with adding wrinkles to it.

Mt. Everett is gonna play the Jordan Reed role

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I think in this offense they're different type dudes. Higs is the in-line TE, Everett is the weapon. Everett isn't the blocker Higs is but what we need right now is another mismatch and he gives us one when he's playing like tonight.

Higs had a really nice game btw. And I like him on the late release underneath, he's not a RAC guy but he is a damn load for a DB that first down he got was beastly.
That first drive outta half was just...orgasmic. Higgs and Everett were amazing. I would like to see two things happen. Mt. Everett in on 11. Cooks out in 12 (Kupp, Woods, Everett, Higbee,) to give us our best blockers/passing options in that "Heavy" set

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That first drive outta half was just...orgasmic. Higgs and Everett were amazing. I would like to see two things happen. Mt. Everett in on 11. Cooks out in 12 (Kupp, Woods, Everett, Higbee,) to give us our best blockers/passing options in that "Heavy" set
I really like our 12 personnel, but Everett has never played well enough to force the issue enough for McVay to increase its usage. Now though? Yeah, we're gonna see more 12 personnel.

I also feel like we are lacking a power RB which would help sustain drives attacking the inside zone and allowing TG a break. 15 carries again for Gurley tonight, but McVay doesn't trust Brown. Something needs to give there. Somebody has to step up to eat those carries.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Everett is such a mismatch. He’s big and strong and always seems like he’s getting YAC. I agree that McVay has begun to figure out the 6-1 that’s been giving us trouble. You can tell in his postgame press conference. He didn’t look upset. He looked calm. As if he knows what to do now.

I have a feeling the O is just getting started and will begin to rev it up.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I really like our 12 personnel, but Everett has never played well enough to force the issue enough for McVay to increase its usage. Now though? Yeah, we're gonna see more 12 personnel.

I also feel like we are lacking a power RB which would help sustain drives attacking the inside zone and allowing TG a break. 15 carries again for Gurley tonight, but McVay doesn't trust Brown. Something needs to give there. Somebody has to step up to eat those carries.

You wan't me to revive the CJ thread for you, cause I will ;)

I think McVay trusts Brown. Early in the game when our Horns were driving on the hags side of the field he brought Brown in on a 3rd and 6. I was shocked. But that shows trust in Brown doesn't it.

I'm starting to think Gurley got minimal touches against TB so he could be fresh and carry the rock against the hags. His jump cuts to get around Allen and his defender (I think it was allen, gonna have to re watch to know for sure) were beautiful tonight. TG looked like TG.

Prime Zac Stacy could eat those carries though eh :LOL: