GDT: Chiefs at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll see. The last couple weeks have been rough. Keenum reminds me of Joe Theissman and Goff reminds me of Jay Shroeder. I like Keenum's footwork and he gets the ball out fast. A heady QB. The lack of respect for that man's game on this board is absolutely absurd. His development has been nice. Fisher just doesn't like that guy for his personality. Hopefully Goff comes around but this is a good team with Keenum in there too.

Don't agree. Keenum was in there last year and did nothing against San Francisco when the game was placed on his shoulders.

Keenum is too limited as a passer. Goff needs to get up to speed. He is so much more talented as a thrower.

bluecoconuts

Legend
These are bigger issues than preseason covers for.

Are they? The first play is a drop by Quick, second play he trips over his O-Lineman.... Where are the glaring issues there? That's not a fundamental flaw, that's bad receiver play and bad luck.

Second series he makes a great throw, then like 5 runnning plays in a row, and on a third down they have him throw, nobody is open, pressure is breaking down and he holds onto the ball too long trying to make something happen. Holding onto the ball is on Goff, that'll come as he grows, the rest of it isn't on him at all.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If that happens, Fisher and Boras failed him.

I don't know Jrry, I hope you're right. I'm not sure all the coaching in the world can get the kid ready by week 1 if he continues to look like this the rest of the game...

All the prognosticators were saying that the kid was not gonna be ready to start the season. I feel like that's what I kept hearing and hearing and then, I think I started drinking some #1 overall koolaid and thinking that all he needed was reps and practice to get there by game one.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Sorry gotta agree with Jrry, the only way to rank a defense is by points given up. Who gives a damn how many yards they gave up it's all about preventing the other team from scoring.

You can have whatever opinion you like but if you go on any site (ESPN, NFL network-anyone) that's not how they rank it.

So it's all good, just not reality.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are they? The first play is a drop by Quick, second play he trips over his O-Lineman.... Where are the glaring issues there? That's not a fundamental flaw, that's bad receiver play and bad luck.

Second series he makes a great throw, then like 5 runnning plays in a row, and on a third down they have him throw, nobody is open, pressure is breaking down and he holds onto the ball too long trying to make something happen. Holding onto the ball is on Goff, that'll come as he grows, the rest of it isn't on him at all.
Perhaps you are right, but turnovers are becoming an issue with Goff. Small hands, remember?

Name
Joe
Don't agree. Keenum was in there last year and did nothing against San Francisco when the game was placed on his shoulders.

Keenum is too limited as a passer. Goff needs to get up to speed. He is so much more talented as a thrower.

I just don't see what you're looking at. He looks much more comfortable in there with another year. It has nothing to do with arm talent. It has everything to do with decision making, imo. You can tell that he knows what he's looking at out there. A stronger arm wont compensate for field awareness.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I don't know if they're handling Goff the right way. Peyton Manning was given the reigns and never looked back. He struggled a lot in his rookie year but obviously it turned out well. Just let the kid play.

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
Goff hopefully gives us the best chance of winning down the road, assuming an offense is installed that fits his skill set. Keenum gives us our best chance to win now, especially with an offense built to run.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can have whatever opinion you like but if you go on any site (ESPN, NFL network-anyone) that's not how they rank it.

That's great you keep on rooting for fewer yards I'll root for fewer points. After all we win if we out score the other team not out gain them in yards. It's all good to like giving up fewer yards, it's just not realistic to win that way.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Bradley Marquez hurt. Well that makes the WR choices a little simpler. Don't mean to sound cold, but it doesn't look good for Bradley.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
No, I want to ignore a stat that doesn't count for anything. If people don't think that ranking a defense by the number of points they allowed is proper, they are entitled to their opinion. And they can enjoy losing. Because the scoreboard is what matters. I'll take a defense that ranks #10 in yards allowed and #1 in points allowed over a defense that ranks #10 in points allowed and #1 in yards allowed. How about you?

So yes, I'll ignore how "they" actually grade a defense. Because I'll take my defense that doesn't give up points over your defense that doesn't give up yardage.

I don't argue that your stat is very important and I like it. But what I'm saying to you is rankings at the end of the year, (or any point of the year) in terms of overall ranking are based on TOTAL defense. This is a fact. It just is. And we are not ranked in the top 10 in total defense. You can disagree and that's fine, but it's a factual statement, like it or not.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just don't see what you're looking at. He looks much more comfortable in there with another year. It has nothing to do with arm talent. It has everything to do with decision making, imo. You can tell that he knows what he's looking at out there. A stronger arm wont compensate for field awareness.

I see a guy who doesn't throw the ball particularly well. He manages the game well and doesn't make a lot of bad decisions. But he's not a good thrower.

I don't know Jrry, I hope you're right. I'm not sure all the coaching in the world can get the kid ready by week 1 if he continues to look like this the rest of the game...

All the prognosticators were saying that the kid was not gonna be ready to start the season. I feel like that's what I kept hearing and hearing and then, I think I started drinking some #1 overall koolaid and thinking that all he needed was reps and practice to get there by game one.

I've seen far less NFL ready QBs ready to play by Week 1. How? Their coaches simplified and adapted the offense to them to make the transition easier.

Your opinion isn't reality. Reality is that points are the only thing that affects the outcome of a game. You can analyze other stats, but when it's all said and done, you aren't winning a game because you have more yards than the other team.