GDT: Chiefs at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who is #37? Why in the hell is he telling him to take the knee?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, if you want to ignore how they actually grade team defense (like Denver being #1 last year) by all means.
But nobody else is going to award our team a top 10 defense based on your stats. That's not even arguable.

No, I want to ignore a stat that doesn't count for anything. If people don't think that ranking a defense by the number of points they allowed is proper, they are entitled to their opinion. And they can enjoy losing. Because the scoreboard is what matters. I'll take a defense that ranks #10 in yards allowed and #1 in points allowed over a defense that ranks #10 in points allowed and #1 in yards allowed. How about you?

So yes, I'll ignore how "they" actually grade a defense. Because I'll take my defense that doesn't give up points over your defense that doesn't give up yardage.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
He just locked Maclin down for the rest of the game. He's a beast. ;)

In a regular season game, yes. But was Maclin going to be playing in the second half? I didn't think what happened warranted an ejection.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Troy Hill making a statement! Gaines Looks just FINE!! Down 20-14 at the Half .. No Problem.. Now we'll turn-it-on!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, if you want to ignore how they actually grade team defense (like Denver being #1 last year) by all means.
But nobody else is going to award our team a top 10 defense based on your stats. That's not even arguable.
Sorry gotta agree with Jrry, the only way to rank a defense is by points given up. Who gives a damn how many yards they gave up it's all about preventing the other team from scoring.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Joe
Dieter's point is that Goff's not making quick decisions because he hasn't gotten the reps yet.

We'll see. The last couple weeks have been rough. Keenum reminds me of Joe Theissman and Goff reminds me of Jay Shroeder. I like Keenum's footwork and he gets the ball out fast. A heady QB. The lack of respect for that man's game on this board is absolutely absurd. His development has been nice. Fisher just doesn't like that guy for his personality. Hopefully Goff comes around but this is a good team with Keenum in there too.

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
I'm not sure this defense will be top 10 on anything this year. Great D line, but who in the back 7, beyond Tru maybe really dominates? Ogletree is playing a new position, our other lbs are mediocre at best, and we have one good db, and a lot of unknowns. The O will be better - hard not to be, but I think the D will regress a bit. I hope I'm wrong about the D, but there are a lot of questions there.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Ayers with two NZI's and Joyner throwing punches...

Good stand to hold to a FG though.

Gotta agree that if you want Goff to do better with the first team, he needs first team reps in practice. If he isn't comfortable with those guys cuz he hasn't worked with them, then he thinks more you overthink stuff you make mistakes.

He would probably be looking better if he was out there with the 2nd team to be honest since he works with them more.