GDT: Bradford takes swing at winning big game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

freak me. We got a gazillion draft picks from the skins, rg3 busted and they still made it back to the playoffs before the Rams.

My God I never even thought of it that way. That's crazy to ponder. So true. They are better than us after all those picks Fisher had to work with.
Dang!

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
My God I never even thought of it that way. That's crazy to ponder. So true. They are better than us after all those picks Fisher had to work with.
Dang!

True, they beat us this year, but I truly don't believe they are the better team. They do play in a horrible division and wouldn't even sniff the playoffs if they were in the NFC West. They also didn't have one of the toughest schedules to work with.

Athos

Legend
Dang!

Using the RG-Me trade year as the starting point....

ForeSkins have had, potentially, two winning seasons, and two playoff appearances while getting their asses torn up via Snead with draft picks.

That turd nugget Snyder gets the last laugh while all Fisher can hang his hat on is that now embarrassingly sad display of trotting out all our draft picks from the RG-Me trade.

Sad day. Sad day indeed and I don't give a fuck if they play in a Powder Puff league. Playing in the NFC West has never been an issue for Fisher.

Sucking wind against everyone else has.

Athos

Legend
Sammyboy should have over 400 yards on the night with at least 2 TDs in the air, maybe more, if his pass-catchers didn't suck ass.

If his line was better, maybe even more.

All while having a pretty garbage running game where the stats make it look far better than it's really been this season.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Final QB stats:

K. Cousins - 31/46 for 365 yds with 4 td's and 0 int's

S. Bradford - 37/56 for 380 yds with 1 td and 0 int's. Plus he was sacked 5 times.

A lot of dump-offs by Bradford but I don't blame him. You take what the D gives you. Lots of drops and other screw ups by the Eagles on both sides of the ball. Bradford looked good all things considered.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No he wasn't. Go back and watch some film.
Here's some....

I've seen the film. He was always that way. Bradford, even now, will stand in and deliver passes while taking a shot. The problem is and has always been he's not consistent at all with it. And he doesn't like getting hit. Which leads to him making some bad throws when he knows he's going to get hit...like the missed TD to Ertz. Frankly, he's improved because when he came out, his feel and movement in the pocket were poor because of how well he was protected at Oklahoma. But he's never been the type of QB that deals well with being hit. His accuracy under pressure has always been spotty at best.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Final QB stats:

K. Cousins - 31/46 for 365 yds with 4 td's and 0 int's

S. Bradford - 37/56 for 380 yds with 1 td and 0 int's. Plus he was sacked 5 times.

A lot of dump-offs by Bradford but I don't blame him. You take what the D gives you. Lots of drops and other screw ups by the Eagles on both sides of the ball. Bradford looked good all things considered.

He did look pretty good...but he's also super frustrating to watch. Every time they got in 3rd and long, you knew he'd dump it off to a HB or TE (or a WR running a 3 yard drag). I get that you can't just force it into coverage but at some point, you have to nut up and take a shot. If there's anything I think the Rams "ruined" in him, it's that. I think they pounded protecting the ball into his head so strongly that he lost his aggressiveness.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sammyboy should have over 400 yards on the night with at least 2 TDs in the air, maybe more, if his pass-catchers didn't suck ass.

If his line was better, maybe even more.

All while having a pretty garbage running game where the stats make it look far better than it's really been this season.

I'm over all the excuse making for poor Sam. Dude is nothing special in spite of all the physical gifts other QBs would kill for.

Some poor team is gonna pay him and then spend the next several seasons making excuses for him. It's sad, IMO.

Time for a new QB, someone like Goff, who has the balls to lead this offense to new levels.

MountainRam

Rookie
Lets give credit to Jay Gruden. He had the balls to stand up to and and bench RG3 to start Cousins. Jay Gruden knew what he had in Cousins. I can appreciate a story like that.

MountainRam

Rookie
Bradford is mehhh. Waste of time to talk about him. He is neither good nor bad. Yeah, someone will overpay him since there aren't 32 NFL starting QBs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last night was the perfect game really.
Fans of Bradford got to see some great things from him, and some fancy stats. Non fans get to laugh at the typical Sam mistakes and the fumble 6.
And all Rams fans get to be happy that the Eagles 2nd rounder gets a littl lower

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/12/27/...k-anderson-panthers-eagles-washington-week-16

I think it’s time for the “Sunday Edition of About Last Night’s Thursday Night Football: Saturday Edition.”

Before we get into the many Keystone Cop portions of this game, I’ll say this: Kirk Cousins was sharp except for this one play at the end of the first half when… well, you know. Jordan Reed is a beast. Bill Callahan’s largely underachieving O-line even did some mauling in the second half. Preston Smith is really good. This is a team that can win a home playoff game against any opponent.

However, there's no denying that this was another ugly “early week” game (and another ugly NFC East game). I obviously haven’t watched Game Pass yet, but head-scratchers included:

a. Bashaud Breeland tracks a ball to the end zone like he just did the ol’ “Dizzy Bat” race at a minor league baseball game. Nelson Agholor wins the lack-of-motor-skills challenge by dropping the easiest touchdown he’ll ever get.

b. DeAngelo Hall apparently signals to Quinton Dunbar, the only other defensive back on the right side of the field, let’s not cover Zach Ertz at all, okay? Dunbar obliges, and the brilliant stratagem works! (Just kidding, but you can understand how these miscommunications happen so early in the season.) Sam Bradford manages to overthrow Ertz, who was so wide-open he could have chosen anything from Ministry of Silly Walks skit and scored untouched.

c. At the end of the first half, Washington gets the ball back with 29 seconds left and no timeouts, at its own 29. On the first play of the drive, Philly sits back in Cover-2 and a corner (Eric Rowe?) jumps the route in the flat, choosing to give up 22 yards instead of six on the play.

d. With 17 second left (and, again, no timeouts), instead of trying a 41-yard field goal Washington throws over the middle, 18 yards downfield, and has to race to the line to get the ball spiked. My team of scienticians estimates a 28% chance that they won’t be able to get to the line and spike it in time, until…

e. Philly safety Walter Thurmond puts Washington at ease by slapping the ball out of Jordan Reed’s hands, an obvious delay of game penalty.

f. Apparently in celebration of the opponents’ stupidity, Kirk Cousins instinctively goes into victory formation and takes a knee, passing up a 23-yard attempt to bring the first half to a merciful end.

g. Despite halftime providing 12 full minutes to assess my life choices, I opt to neglect my family for another 90 or so minutes of the holiday season and settle in for the second half.

h. Bradford hits Riley Cooper on a deep crosser in-stride, which Cooper promptly drops on the way to the ground. Chip Kelly has no chance of winning a challenge but throws the red flag anyway, because timeouts in the second half when you’re playing from behind are for losers.

i. Bradford mishandles a shotgun snap and takes his frustration out on DeMarco Murray by feeding him a hospital ball in the flat.

j. After an eight-yard run up the gut, the Eagles run a play in which Bradford throws some kind of lateral shovel pass to Murray, who never comes close to catching it. The ball is kicked to DeAngelo Hall for a walk-in TD.

k. Murray heads back to the bench for good. He is costing the Eagles $7,405.21 per rushing yard this season. Last year in Dallas, he cost the Cowboys $865.38 per yard.

l. The Eagles send the punt team out, down 21, on fourth-and-two, then burn a timeout before sending the offense back in. Again, who needs timeouts when you’re trailing in the second half?

m. Kenjon Barner drops a lightly thrown pass on a well-designed screen, the Eagles’ 78th drop of the night.

n. In the red zone, center Jason Kelce scoops up a Bradford fumble, heads around right end and breaks two tackles, a two-yard gain. Kelce is immediately elevated above Murray on the depth chart.

o. Barner drops another pass, making Murray look like Jerry Rice from a hands-perspective.

p. The No. 94 on Preston Smith’s shoulder is permanently tattooed in Bradford’s chest.

And that’s how the NFC East was “won.” Deal with it America, FedEx Field will host a playoff game, likely against Seattle, in two weeks. What could go wrong?

robert-griffin-iii-washington-seahawks.jpg

Photo: John McDonnell/The Washington Post/Getty Images

MountainRam

Rookie
When Rams play Redskins again, Will Jay Gruden send ball boys with two NFC East Champion banners for coin toss?

If it happens, I expect that we collectively hate Gruden for the rest of his football life for being a douche.

FrankenRam

Starter
Correct me if I'm wrong, but over the last two seasons, did we not have a fairly good chance of trying to acquire, and getting Kirk Cousins on the Rams?
He's not too bad at all.

There was a lot of Rams fans talking about acquiring him, but I don't recall ever hearing anything suggesting the organization even so much as called Washington about him....or that Washington ever so much as hinted they might be willing to part with him.

Rainram

Starter
I think they pounded protecting the ball into his head so strongly that he lost his aggressiveness.

This ^^^ is probably my biggest beef with our offensive philosophy. That part where being conservative, yet smart, turns the corner into castrating your QB.