GDT: Bradford takes swing at winning big game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This IS going to be a good game to watch!

http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphi...-bradford-takes-a-swing-at-winning-a-big-game

PHILADELPHIA -- The ball is on the tee for Sam Bradford.

The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback is known to be a very good golfer. Whether Bradford is also a very good NFL quarterback remains undecided.

He was the first pick in the 2010 NFL draft. Since then, a combination of things -- especially his knee in which he has twice torn the ACL -- have kept Bradford from rising to an elite level.

On Saturday night, Bradford gets to take a swing. The Eagles are playing the Washington Redskins with first place in the NFC East on the line. Washington’s quarterback, Kirk Cousins, has taken the opportunity presented to him and led his team to the brink of a division title.

Robert Griffin III. And he has won over a locker room full of teammates who now believe he can lead them to important victories.

If Cousins can lead Washington to this victory and a division title, he will have to do it at the expense of Bradford. It won’t be the first time that happened.

In 2010, Bradford was a rookie with the St. Louis Rams. He was establishing himself as a talent to watch in the NFL. The Rams were 6-8, the same record as the Eagles have now. On Dec. 26, the same date as the Eagles’ game against Washington, Bradford and the Rams beat the San Francisco 49ers, 25-17, to set up a Week 17 showdown with the Seattle Seahawks for the NFC West title.

Seattle won, 16-6. The only touchdown scored in the game was on a pass from Charlie Whitehurst (the Seahawks were still two years away from drafting Russell Wilson).

Bradford has not played a game with such importance again. Until now.

“You look forward to playing in these games,” Bradford said. “Not everyone gets an opportunity to play in meaningful games in December. Obviously, I haven’t had that many chances to. You just try to do a little extra in your preparation during the week.

“Once you get on the field, you just have to keep it the same. You can’t add any pressure. You can’t try to do too much. You just go out there and try to execute at a high level.”

Bradford comes into the game having improved markedly from his self-described “pretty ugly” play early in the season. Bradford revealed this week that his left knee was sore coming out of training camp and into the season.

“I feel like it’s gotten stronger,” Bradford said, “but I just think that I have more confidence.”

His recent numbers reflect his growing comfort in Chip Kelly’s offense, in his knee and with his teammates.

In his last five games, Bradford has completed 66.5 percent of his throws for seven touchdowns and three interceptions. His passer rating over those five games has been 96.1.

During those five games, though, the Eagles’ offense has scored a total of 93 points in regulation. That’s an average of 18.6 points per game.

Against Washington, the Eagles need their quarterback to deliver a performance equal to the magnitude of the game. In his biggest game since 2010, the ball is on a tee for Bradford.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good luck. Sam had a tendency to struggle under the bright lights here.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No way I'm rooting for him . The more losses for the Eagles the better the 2nd round pick for the Rams .

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
This IS going to be a good game to watch!

http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphi...-bradford-takes-a-swing-at-winning-a-big-game

PHILADELPHIA -- The ball is on the tee for Sam Bradford.

The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback is known to be a very good golfer. Whether Bradford is also a very good NFL quarterback remains undecided......

We basically dumped his salary and received a second rounder for Sam. Foles would have been a great bonus and his failures weren't 100 on him (dropped balls and bad line play) but I doubt he has a future here.

We cannot take the risk. He seemed to throw too many floaters and not enough zip passes too. Too bad. Good leader. Great attitude. The Green Bay game seems to have done him in. Wish they ejected Goldilocks that game.

I wish Sam the best but if Philly loses out our #2 pick might be as many as 10 slots higher. That is our vested interest. That is where my rooting interest must lie.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I hope he succeeds. I usually hope most of our former players do.

And I hate the Redskins.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I generally wish the best for former players that have been Rams for a while. In this case though, I'm fine with Sam playing well but in losing efforts. I have one team and if another team can lose and improve our draft, I'm pulling for them to lose.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
On the Sam Bradford Debate and rooting for his success.
That+s+it+i+m+out+a+grown+ass+man+just+said_9e746c_4723734.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The Eagles were a loaded team. Chip decided to strip them of their leaders & top play-makers in an effort to "stock" them with "his" guys. He made his bed, now must lie in it....I expect the Eagles to win at home, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Skins blow them out....

Athos

Legend
Imagine if Sammy were throwing to Maclin and DJax... I'll just leave that to ponder.

And Murray is an awful fit for Chips offense. He doesn't have the Shady quickness and speed to gain the gain before LBs.

I don't like the Foreskins, I hope Sammyboy torches them.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I hope Sam goes off on them. I have always like him and think he got a raw deal in StL, Snisher should have been protecting him first instead of building the defense.

Q729

Legend
I think they tried to protect. Didn't they waste some FA acquisitions to help him? Just too bad they didn't pan out. That has been our luck. I don't hate the Redskins too much; most of my friends are fans. Still, I don't want the local team to have success if my team doesn't, so I'm hoping Sam lights 'em up!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Imagine if Sammy were throwing to Maclin and DJax... I'll just leave that to ponder.
Apparently this is the question that wil follow him his entire career. I mean we can wonder how good he could be with "name-brand"receivers while others do better with less. I guess those guys could turn that 3 yard pass into more. I like Sam and wish him the best, but enough excuses.

ohiorams

Rookie
in the context of a career QB,he sucks.
The Eagles are still winning Saturday though

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
On the other hand, Washington's second division title to our 0 since the RG3 trade is kind of embarrassing.
yes and no. Not like the NFC East is a powerhouse division, and RGME is on his way out. But yea, with as many early picks as we've had, we should be better.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't have any continuing interest in Bradford after the initial conversations were over...I couldn't care less how he does with the Eagles or any other team except for how it might impact the Rams...(As in the draft pick(s) situation in '16)...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On the other hand, Washington's second division title to our 0 since the RG3 trade is kind of embarrassing.
Doesn't have any impact on our draft though.
The more valuable that pick the better for the Rams.
That's all I care about.