VENT Garbage Game Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I’m going to preface this with the fact that I think goff and mcvay are our future and hope they are both here for a long time but

Why do we have no slant plays ??
When was the last time you ever see us run a draw play in shotgun

I mean these are two staple plays in any nfl offense except ours ? We never ever see them .. I just don’t get it .. I know mcvay like to call that WR screen on 3rd and long but the trouble is so does every DC we face ... just once run a draw play ... or third and short sling a three four slant to pick up a first ... it frustrates the crap outta me sometime
The double slant in the redzone when we had Watkins was a beautiful playcall. Haven't seen it since. The playcalling is completely different then it was 17/18. That why I look at mcvay first.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Our primary problem is a system that relies on TE’s to block who cannot block and a subpar Oline. Not to mention Akers was out. Fox those things and you score 30 per game. It’s already been done 2x
No, this is 90% on Goff. The things you mentioned are minor compared to Goff’s lack of awareness and ability to read a defense.

fearsomefour

Legend
guess who has the most giveaways since 2019....baker? good guess but no. The only member of the 30-30 club jamies winston? no. How bout danny turnover dimes in his 2nd year? unfortunately, no. it's goff. its fucking goff.

I've liked the guy since we drafted him but he just makes WAY too many mistakes and usually at very bad times. When the rams win it's usually not because of his performance. When they lose, it's usually because of his performance. The niners games, Miami with 4 turnovers including 2 fumble returns. The jets where he looked worse than any qb in the first half this season, and then today.

I know he can make big time throws but his overall decision making and too many amazingly bad throws at bad times outway his positives. And that's not all. There are other times where he can make a play but doesn't. For instance, the 3rd down run up the middle where he slides a yard short and the rams punt. Aikman said what we were thinking,; it's good to slide but there are times when you need to get after it and goff just isnt that guy. He's proved that over and over. I mean eggs scramble better than goff. Phillip rivers is more mobile and that says alot. Even mcvay is frustrated as he has called jared out twice this month.

Bottom line is id rather have jalen hurts or trade for stafford at this point and unless goff changes my mind thats the way I feel going forward.
Winston has not played this year.
So, including him doesn’t mean much.
I have total faith in ol Crab Legs ability to always generate turnovers.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Goff has to go.
1- He is soft The play that sealed it for me was the slide when we needed a first down. The defense has to feel that he should put his shoulder in and get the first down as they continue to play their asses off.
2- He doesn't throw the ball down the field and McVay shows no confidence in him nor should he
3- He cant move. When he is out of the pocket he looks awkward and can't make a creative play unless Higbee is right there wide open. The play he threw the interception was a complete joke and a play that should show everyone that he is not our QB of the future.
I wanted Wentz in the draft as I thought Goff was soft and he has now shown us that. Where does the sun rise lol. I would trade Goff for Wentz right now and let McVay try and improve him. At least he is a man who will fight to win.
I would take Dalton or Winston over Goff right now and even Fitzpatrick instead of this joke of a QB. What a waste of money at this point again.

Don't start that shit.

Wentz is even worse than Goff right now if that's possible.

And neither QB can really go anywhere as their poor play has turned their contracts into albatrosses.

Goff hits the cap for $34.625M in 2021, however his dead cap hit if we released him pre-June 1st would be a whopping $65.525M

So even if we drafted a rookie in the 2nd round and he won the job, Goff would have to be a $34M bench warmer.

Couple that with the reduced cap in 2021 (mistake, but they'll probably just let it be smaller) and there's NO WAY Goff isn't on our roster for at least another year. After that, a post June 1st cap release would "only" be $30.9M over two seasons...

If ever there was a time for Goff to shake off 2020, it's gonna be next weekend, because he has no more time left.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Just want to clarify, but we have to beat the Cards regardless of the Bears / GB outcome next week, right? For some reason, I thought we could still get in with a loss if the Bears lost.

No, if the Bears lose, we're in.

fearsomefour

Legend
As a Ram fan for 45 years, the above is just not good enough for me. Superbowls (or at least getting to championship games) is ALL the matters.
It may not be good enough but it is reality.
I don’t see a more attractive option.
The McVay/Snead era is still young.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I mean the dudes got wrecked on a play and he is out there popping it back in and rubbing some dirt on it ... I mean I don’t think it helped him throwing the ball ... but that the kinda dude I’d go to bat for

That was a baller move.

I wish it weren't the ONLY baller move he made on the day, tho...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, this is 90% on Goff. The things you mentioned are minor compared to Goff’s lack of awareness and ability to read a defense.

It's always easier to scapegoat the struggling QB then admit that our offense has more than one problem. We had 1st and 10 on the 2 yard line. What happened?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Andrew Whitworth.

Big Whit's not magic. And unless Akers is back healthy, I don't see how it matters. Our OL problems were more up the middle. How many times was a C or OG of ours just walked back into Goff?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Next game I want to see this as the first play.

Go play action and throw a deep ball.

I have seen maybe 2 deep passes the last 3 games. Defenses are sitting on our routes and playing 8 in the box. At least keep them honest.

For anyone begging for a deep threat, you don’t need it. New England went to 9 SBs with hardly any. Moss and Cooks over a 20 year span is all they had as a deep threat. You just need to beat what the defense is giving you. Throwing to routes 5 yards deep is not stressing any defense. Push the ball downfield that is what they are giving you.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The double slant in the redzone when we had Watkins was a beautiful playcall. Haven't seen it since. The playcalling is completely different then it was 17/18. That why I look at mcvay first.
That’s what I mean ... don’t tell me Bobby trees and kupp can’t hit that slant route .. I mean I would include jrey in that but after today I doubt he could... he is playing like he has already been told he isn’t gonna a ram next year

Kevin

Pro Bowler
It's always easier to scapegoat the struggling QB then admit that our offense has more than one problem. We had 1st and 10 on the 2 yard line. What happened?
I didn’t say it was all on Goff, just maybe 90%. That’s fair!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I appreciate your enthusiasm and belief.

I'm a pattern guy. Early on, things were clicking and the patterns looked good. They look like a dumpster fire now.

Seriously, what is going to change for the positive between now and next week? Is Goff gonna find religion? Is Akers coming back? Will the OL all of a sudden become stout? Will they hold up to allow the longer developing routes that are the staple of a McVay offense?

Goff didn't even ATTEMPT a pass longer than 20 yards and the Cardinal DL is better than the Seattle DL.

Any given Sunday requires the whole team to show up and we're having our worst failing at the most critical position.

Is it possible we win? Sure it is.

Is it likely based on being down 2 RBs and how Goff is playing? Not really... That's just how it is.

I'll still root like hell next Sunday, but I have ZERO expectations. Expectations are a compliment and the Rams of late have not earned anything remotely worth of that.

I know you're a pattern guy, but to hell with the patterns, what's the worst that happens? We lose in the playoffs? We still got there. I'd rather be there than not.

TexasRam

Legend
Mahomes was garbage today. My wife and father in law are concerned with his horrible play as of late

Status
Not open for further replies.