VENT Garbage Game Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Blocking was good enough, defense was good enough, McVay was good enough, run game was good enough.

Kupp and Woods played well, Everett had some really tough catches. Higbee one drop but made up for it with that catch and run.

Goff is just scary bad at this point. It's impossible to evaluate McVays playcalling fairly with a QB playing this bad - it's like saying a RB sucks when there's no run blocking
Nothing on the offense was "good enough". Nothing at all.

TexasRam

Legend
Our primary problem is a system that relies on TE’s to block who cannot block and a subpar Oline. Not to mention Akers was out. Fox those things and you score 30 per game. It’s already been done 2x

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I would love to know what McVay said to Goff when he slid down a yard short of the first down marker. I think McVay is frustrated as hell with JG and he can't even hide it anymore.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Average number of wins/season under McVay = 10.5
Average number of wins/season over the previous 15 years = 5.9

Every loss sucks, but damn. Let's not lose sight of where we were.

Just hoping the Rams make the most of their opportunity when the window is open. Aaron Donald being at his peak, etc.

They probably have the best defense in the NFC, I would hate for that effort to be wasted.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
The offense is broken, and its not all on the QB. WRs get no separation deeper than 20 yds.
The QB rarely has time to throw on 7 step drops against good fronts...although the latter part was not as big an issue today, but the former issue was. Lastly, they can't run the ball when teams know they want to run it.

Today it seemed like Goff could not find anyone open down field. Is that scheme? Is it lack of an explosive WR that defenses don't fear anyone beating them deep thus they can sit on routes? Then on the goal line they couldn't run the ball in.

And yes Goff has to avoid those back breaking turnovers.

All this. To think we are paying not one but two WRs $15,000,000 a season and still need a WR. Part of this mess is on Snead and I hate criticizing him because I like him as a talent evaluator. He doesn't seem to know how to build a team.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Care to elaborate?

If the best playcaller in the NFL had the worst QB in the NFL, the offense wouldn't be successful. It's not quite that bad, but that's the point I'm making.
Don’t need to elaborate. It’s a ludicrous statement

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if we win by attrition, meaning that the Cards suck worse than us next Sunday, I can't say I'm thrilled about the prospect of going back to Seattle to rewatch this fucking travesty of a game again.

I'm stoked if we make it back to Seattle. We can beat those fuckers. All it takes is getting hot at the right time. I'd rather be in the fight than be watching at home. Fuck the woe is me shit. Go out, beat the fucking Cardinals, and then execute in the fucking playoffs. Any given Sunday.

Hobgoblin

Rookie
I get it. It’s not all on Goff but the QB is the leader and he doesn’t give the vibe of one. If Goff thought the play was shit I’d expect him to try and adlib a play which he never does.

Also if the issue was Mcvay was calling crap plays and it wasn’t on Goff, I’d expect him to take more sacks or throw the ball away way more often.

He was reluctant to run and Seattle knew he wasn’t going to try to beat them.

sorry random thoughts if they make any sense.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
20201227_171012.jpg
pretty much sums it up for me...

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I don’t know how you can defend Goff anymore. The oline is fine not great but Goff hasn’t been right all year. If a defense takes the run away we have nothing. I heard on the broadcast he is averaging 5.7 yards per attempt. Literally any QB can do that. You don’t need to pay a dude 20M or whatever he is making.

He looks like he has a broken ankle every time a defender gets anywhere near him. There are rookie QBs playing better than him with much less.

Let’s win next week and see if he can turn the ship around

Ramon Ram

Starter
Goff has to go.
1- He is soft The play that sealed it for me was the slide when we needed a first down. The defense has to feel that he should put his shoulder in and get the first down as they continue to play their asses off.
2- He doesn't throw the ball down the field and McVay shows no confidence in him nor should he
3- He cant move. When he is out of the pocket he looks awkward and can't make a creative play unless Higbee is right there wide open. The play he threw the interception was a complete joke and a play that should show everyone that he is not our QB of the future.
I wanted Wentz in the draft as I thought Goff was soft and he has now shown us that. Where does the sun rise lol. I would trade Goff for Wentz right now and let McVay try and improve him. At least he is a man who will fight to win.
I would take Dalton or Winston over Goff right now and even Fitzpatrick instead of this joke of a QB. What a waste of money at this point again.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Yeah, I get it. Just trying to offer a little perspective. For YEARS we were sitting at anywhere from 3-6 wins at this point in the season and just looking forward to the draft in our perpetual state of apathy. I know we have some problems, but it ain't over it yet. If Goff is the primary issue, I don't see McVay just living with that going into next year.
I personally always appreciate your perspective.

Todays problems are better problems than other times not long ago for sure.

McVay must solve his problems next year. Or I am open to a change there as well.

Three years plus in a row with the same issues without any improvement is an unacceptable trend.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Care to elaborate?

If the best playcaller in the NFL had the worst QB in the NFL, the offense wouldn't be successful. It's not quite that bad, but that's the point I'm making.

I can watch SF and tell when it's the QBs, because Kyle Shanahan is scheming a great running game and scheming open WRs that they're just missing. Seattle had us blanketed for most of the game. McVay failed today. I don't know how you could watch the game and come away thinking otherwise.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
McVay must solve his problems next year. Or I am open to a change there as well.
Couldn't disagree more.
But, I respect your opinion, so there's that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff has to go.
1- He is soft The play that sealed it for me was the slide when we needed a first down. The defense has to feel that he should put his shoulder in and get the first down as they continue to play their asses off.
2- He doesn't throw the ball down the field and McVay shows no confidence in him nor should he
3- He cant move. When he is out of the pocket he looks awkward and can't make a creative play unless Higbee is right there wide open. The play he threw the interception was a complete joke and a play that should show everyone that he is not our QB of the future.
I wanted Wentz in the draft as I thought Goff was soft and he has now shown us that. Where does the sun rise lol. I would trade Goff for Wentz right now and let McVay try and improve him. At least he is a man who will fight to win.
I would take Dalton or Winston over Goff right now and even Fitzpatrick instead of this joke of a QB. What a waste of money at this point again.

Goff discloated his thumb, popped it back in on the field, and then went out and finished the game. He's a lot of things. Soft isn't one of them. I want nothing to do with Wentz right now. But if the Eagles want to let him go, I'll take him on a cheap contract after the season.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I really don't need to vent.. The dude.. LMFAO

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Average number of wins/season under McVay = 10.5
Average number of wins/season over the previous 15 years = 5.9

Every loss sucks, but damn. Let's not lose sight of where we were.
Wonder what Belicheats average wins/season is with and without Tom Brady.

I want us to fix this before we become the next Chip Kelly or Mike Martz team. Yeah they won some games until they tanked

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Goff's decision making is killing us. McVay isn't making necessary adjustments and continues to disappoint in the red zone. Defense was great. Special teams and offense mainly sucked, outside of Gay, Kupp, and Woods. McVay needs to do some soul searching and make some adjustments heading into the playoffs. We really need Whitworth back.

But at the end of the day, if we beat the Cardinals, we play Seattle again in two weeks. We can beat those guys, especially if Whitworth plays. So let's go beat the Cardinals.

Defenses are sitting on our offense, because we have nobody that the defense has to respect deep.
We definitely miss having that(Cooks) type of player.
The roster as it is could only go deep into the playoffs if there is a dominating ground game. This
would help in our inability to get deep with this roster.
While Akers could provide that type of run game, I am not sure he could take the pounding that comes with
being a stud RB.
It's such a shame to have the Super Bowl defense, but not have the run game and smart game managing QB to get it done.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I, on this forum, said that Goff has the potential to be elite. And he does. He also, apparently, has a floor that's below sub-basement D and that shocks me.

I kinda agree with you. Physically, he has the potential to be elite.

But NOT between the ears. He just doesn't have it. You can't teach it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.