VENT Garbage Game Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing on the offense was "good enough". Nothing at all.

he must have a low bar for every position except qb if he thought any player on offense was good enough. so many plays blown up by atrocious blocking. so many drops if the ball didn't hit them between the numbers. fucking make a play for your struggling qb.

leo212

Rookie
Name
Leo
Just want to clarify, but we have to beat the Cards regardless of the Bears / GB outcome next week, right? For some reason, I thought we could still get in with a loss if the Bears lost.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm stoked if we make it back to Seattle. We can beat those fuckers. All it takes is getting hot at the right time. I'd rather be in the fight than be watching at home. Fuck the woe is me shit. Go out, beat the fucking Cardinals, and then execute in the fucking playoffs. Any given Sunday.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and belief.

I'm a pattern guy. Early on, things were clicking and the patterns looked good. They look like a dumpster fire now.

Seriously, what is going to change for the positive between now and next week? Is Goff gonna find religion? Is Akers coming back? Will the OL all of a sudden become stout? Will they hold up to allow the longer developing routes that are the staple of a McVay offense?

Goff didn't even ATTEMPT a pass longer than 20 yards and the Cardinal DL is better than the Seattle DL.

Any given Sunday requires the whole team to show up and we're having our worst failing at the most critical position.

Is it possible we win? Sure it is.

Is it likely based on being down 2 RBs and how Goff is playing? Not really... That's just how it is.

I'll still root like hell next Sunday, but I have ZERO expectations. Expectations are a compliment and the Rams of late have not earned anything remotely worth of that.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it. It’s not all on Goff but the QB is the leader and he doesn’t give the vibe of one. If Goff thought the play was shit I’d expect him to try and adlib a play which he never does.

Also if the issue was Mcvay was calling crap plays and it wasn’t on Goff, I’d expect him to take more sacks or throw the ball away way more often.

He was reluctant to run and Seattle knew he wasn’t going to try to beat them.

sorry random thoughts if they make any sense.
I mean the dudes got wrecked on a play and he is out there popping it back in and rubbing some dirt on it ... I mean I don’t think it helped him throwing the ball ... but that the kinda dude I’d go to bat for

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
McVay1.JPG

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I appreciate your enthusiasm and belief.

I'm a pattern guy. Early on, things were clicking and the patterns looked good. They look like a dumpster fire now.

Seriously, what is going to change for the positive between now and next week? Is Goff gonna find religion? Is Akers coming back? Will the OL all of a sudden become stout? Will they hold up to allow the longer developing routes that are the staple of a McVay offense?

Goff didn't even ATTEMPT a pass longer than 20 yards and the Cardinal DL is better than the Seattle DL.

Any given Sunday requires the whole team to show up and we're having our worst failing at the most critical position.

Is it possible we win? Sure it is.

Is it likely based on being down 2 RBs and how Goff is playing? Not really... That's just how it is.

I'll still root like hell next Sunday, but I have ZERO expectations. Expectations are a compliment and the Rams of late have not earned anything remotely worth of that.

Andrew Whitworth.

Ellard80

Legend
Goff discloated his thumb, popped it back in on the field, and then went out and finished the game. He's a lot of things. Soft isn't one of them. I want nothing to do with Wentz right now. But if the Eagles want to let him go, I'll take him on a cheap contract after the season.

yeah i dont think he is soft... no one that plays in the nfl is soft - thats some scary shit. most of us would piss down our leg.

Goff's problem is between the ears. he makes poor decisions, rushes throws, ect.

But soft... nah.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m really down on Goff right now. There’s other issues obviously like the o line and now no running backs but man Goff looks lost out there. That being said a few less turnovers and better red zone execution and we’re still a tough team to beat.

our defense is really good but not ELITE. They give up too much with the game on the line. The real ELITE ones don’t do that.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Couldn't disagree more.
But, I respect your opinion, so there's that.
I try to avoid the definition of insanity.

Can't fall in love with the hype of any coach.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I’m really down on Goff right now. There’s other issues obviously like the o line and now no running backs but man Goff looks lost out there. That being said a few less turnovers and better red zone execution and we’re still a tough team to beat.

our defense is really good but not ELITE. They give up too much with the game on the line. The real ELITE ones don’t do that.
This is where I'm at right now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defenses are sitting on our offense, because we have nobody that the defense has to respect deep.
We definitely miss having that(Cooks) type of player.
The roster as it is could only go deep into the playoffs if there is a dominating ground game. This
would help in our inability to get deep with this roster.
While Akers could provide that type of run game, I am not sure he could take the pounding that comes with
being a stud RB.
It's such a shame to have the Super Bowl defense, but not have the run game and smart game managing QB to get it done.

McVay has to scare a team deep. Give Van Jefferson a double move deep when you know they're giving him a one on one. That's the sort of thing that can result in an explosive play and back off the defense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

The hype is kind of warranted at this point.
Took a 4-12 team to 11-5, and then went to the SB his second season.
There's a surplus of rope I'm willing to give McVay.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m going to preface this with the fact that I think goff and mcvay are our future and hope they are both here for a long time but

Why do we have no slant plays ??
When was the last time you ever see us run a draw play in shotgun

I mean these are two staple plays in any nfl offense except ours ? We never ever see them .. I just don’t get it .. I know mcvay like to call that WR screen on 3rd and long but the trouble is so does every DC we face ... just once run a draw play ... or third and short sling a three four slant to pick up a first ... it frustrates the crap outta me sometime

Ellard80

Legend

well if... and its a big if.. we make the playoffs this year

That would be 3 out of 4 years that a young head coach has his team int he playoffs.

That's unheard of.

That being said i think mcvay failed today.

fearsomefour

Legend
Oh man the natives are calling for Goffs head everywhere you look right now. Its not pretty. I kinda feel bad for the kid. Not all his fault but he’s the biggest reason
QBs get too much credit when it goes well and too much blame when it goes bad.
The Rams dont have any other options and won’t for at least a couple of years.
Goff it is.
Sometimes Goff is good and sometimes he is Gawful.
He is turning the ball over at a rookie level though which is discouraging.
So, he’s not leaving.
No point in giving up or calling for his head.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Goff is not the answer, I've lost complete confidence in the kid and I'm sure he's worn thin on McVay. We can blame play calling all we want and put everything we can on McVay but Goff is handcuffing this offense. He's declined dramatically while the team has done everything they can by putting the talent, both on offense and defense, around him to get him to succeed. But he keeps making bone head mistakes at critical times in games. He's single handedly losing games while they're still in reach. This isn't a guy you can rely on to win you a close game in the fourth, he's a guy you're expecting to do something to lose it for you. That's a problem and it needs to be fixed - he needs to be replaced. We're all aware of his contract situation and how that might be hard to do but we're going nowhere with him.

Exactly right....

Status
Not open for further replies.