VENT Garbage Game Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Just can’t defend the guy anymore.
Just can’t.

As much as I HATE IT!!! I totally AGREE!!!

I do NOT know what happened to the Goff that played in the 2018 Super Bowl or the McVay that Coached in the 2018 Super Bowl but you can NOT convince me those were the same two guys I witnessed in that EMBARRASSING Game this afternoon!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn’t say it was all on Goff, just maybe 90%. That’s fair!

Ah yes, it's only 90% on the QB. Must be nice to be McVay and a member of the Rams offense. Even when you shit the bed, it's 90% on the QB.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
This is not on the defense. This is on Goff. No excuses for him anymore. He looks lost on the field, slow to read and does not have situational awareness
First, not defending Goff. That is a separate issue. My point is that the Rams Defense gave up a TD drive to open the 2nd half and then gave ave another TD drive near the end of the game. Were they tired? By time of possession they shouldn't have been ; Rams were +5 minutes in T/O/P. They were on the field less than the Seahawks defense.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Sam Darnold trucked a Safety to get a 1st down... on a 1 win team playing for nothing, but pride.

Maybe he was afraid of fumbling it like he did a few games ago. I dunno.
Yes Darnold showed what its like to be tough. Goff can't even hold onto the ball on a QB sneak.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
McVay has to scare a team deep. Give Van Jefferson a double move deep when you know they're giving him a one on one. That's the sort of thing that can result in an explosive play and back off the defense.

He can't because the OL doesn't hold up and he can't do that with only two routes b/c the deep route will be double or triple covered, so it doesn't work out of 12 personnel.

Honestly, I dunno how it's fixed. I just can see the wheels have completely fallen off our offense and the Cards gotta be thrilled at their prospects right now.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ouch.
Same approach in Pittsburgh this year.
Trouble with that short route stuff (other than turnovers ) is the fact DCs will figure that out and take it away and if you don’t have any answers in the playbook you’re screwed ... and then the question becomes why changed what has worked for the first two years in charge (other than personal) to make you change form the number one scoring offense and goff going toe to toe with a QB everyone knows is elite in mahomes and beating him

MachS

Hall of Fame
As well as the McVay era.

I have no idea what kind of offense he is trying to run. I think the SB ruined him.

He's running his offense trying to hide the QB, that's what offense hes running. Goff is 32nd in yards per attempt...McVay has fully morphed it into a short passing, quick decision, roll out half-field read type of offense and it still hasn't worked. Goff is still turning the ball over like a madman. His confidence is GONE.

What do you want McVay to do?? You want him to call 3-4 vertical routes and ask Goff to go through 4 man progressions and deliver the ball down the field? He cant do that. Theres a reason why all our big plays come off playaction and YAC. McVay is handcuffed by Goff.

His contract has set this franchise back so far it's sad. We will have to draft a QB in round 2 or 3 and sit a $35M player on the bench if we want to really compete. Which will make us the laughingstocks of the league. I dont think McVay will put up with this ineptitude for another full season.

Ramon Ram

Starter
yeah i dont think he is soft... no one that plays in the nfl is soft - thats some scary shit. most of us would piss down our leg.

Goff's problem is between the ears. he makes poor decisions, rushes throws, ect.

But soft... nah.
Not fighting for the first down and sliding was a soft play.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Winston has not played this year.
So, including him doesn’t mean much.
I have total faith in ol Crab Legs ability to always generate turnovers.

thats a valid point I did not consider but goff has 39 or 40 to winstons 30 and I think if winston played this season he wouldnt have much more than goff. And you can say that for danny jones as he has missed some games, but goff has produced more turnovers than sara lee and it's cost them games. When the rams are down by 9 or more points in the 2nd half what's your confidence level that goff will lead a comeback. Even when the rams are slightly ahead, like today, I have very little confidence that goff can protect, or dare I wish, expand a lead.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes Darnold showed what its like to be tough. Goff can't even hold onto the ball on a QB sneak.
Yeah I mean .. snapping your own finger back in place after smashing it on a helmet on your throwing hand .. goff is such a wimp

Ramon Ram

Starter
Don't start that shit.

Wentz is even worse than Goff right now if that's possible.

And neither QB can really go anywhere as their poor play has turned their contracts into albatrosses.

Goff hits the cap for $34.625M in 2021, however his dead cap hit if we released him pre-June 1st would be a whopping $65.525M

So even if we drafted a rookie in the 2nd round and he won the job, Goff would have to be a $34M bench warmer.

Couple that with the reduced cap in 2021 (mistake, but they'll probably just let it be smaller) and there's NO WAY Goff isn't on our roster for at least another year. After that, a post June 1st cap release would "only" be $30.9M over two seasons...

If ever there was a time for Goff to shake off 2020, it's gonna be next weekend, because he has no more time left.
Put Wentz with McVay and I believe he is better. He is way tougher than Goff. At least he can step up in pocket and be creative as thats what Goff lacks.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Goff's decision making is killing us. McVay isn't making necessary adjustments and continues to disappoint in the red zone. Defense was great. Special teams and offense mainly sucked, outside of Gay, Kupp, and Woods. McVay needs to do some soul searching and make some adjustments heading into the playoffs. We really need Whitworth back.

But at the end of the day, if we beat the Cardinals, we play Seattle again in two weeks. We can beat those guys, especially if Whitworth plays. So let's go beat the Cardinals.
iu

jacktheripper85

Starter
Ingest issue I have with Goff is pocket presence. After a while you see guys like the Brady’s, Manning’s and Rivers who aren’t mobile QBs learn to navigate when the pocket breaks down and make plays. In all honesty Goff still acts like a rookie or a shell shocked QB when the pocket breaks down. I mean...when he doesn’t let it rip after his first read he pretty much know he’s going down or just throwing it away. Really frustrating that he hasn’t grown in that part of his game.

This offense is definitely mind boggling though. Rare you see a HC and QB go from the penthouse to the outhouse this fast. I honestly think McVay needs to turn this offense over to a legit OC because at this point his play calling is stunting Goff’s growth. And I don’t want to hear about our OL and he doesn’t have time. I just watched a Monday night football game where a 3rd string QB made some big time deep passes against a Steelers team in one game than I’ve seen Goff do all year. As I recall I remember Goff hitting Woods on some deep bombs the last couple of years-where has that play gone?

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I appreciate your enthusiasm and belief.

I'm a pattern guy. Early on, things were clicking and the patterns looked good. They look like a dumpster fire now.

Seriously, what is going to change for the positive between now and next week? Is Goff gonna find religion? Is Akers coming back? Will the OL all of a sudden become stout? Will they hold up to allow the longer developing routes that are the staple of a McVay offense?

Goff didn't even ATTEMPT a pass longer than 20 yards and the Cardinal DL is better than the Seattle DL.

Any given Sunday requires the whole team to show up and we're having our worst failing at the most critical position.

Is it possible we win? Sure it is.

Is it likely based on being down 2 RBs and how Goff is playing? Not really... That's just how it is.

I'll still root like hell next Sunday, but I have ZERO expectations. Expectations are a compliment and the Rams of late have not earned anything remotely worth of that.

I totally get Goff is given some challenging situations.

He just does not show a skill set to rise to those situations. Quite the opposite from my seat.

I can't see why anyone isn't as disappointed in McVay as Goff.

McVay has chosen and put Goff in those situations.

Unless Akers or Kupp have huge games, this offense is dull and boring. And losing us games.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
As much as I HATE IT!!! I totally AGREE!!!

I do NOT know what happened to the Goff that played in the 2018 Super Bowl or the McVay that Coached in the 2018 Super Bowl but you can NOT convince me those were the same two guys I witnessed in that EMBARRASSING Game this afternoon!!!

You did see the guy who played in the SB. 3 points, remember? He was terrible :) lol

fearsomefour

Legend
The hype is kind of warranted at this point.
Took a 4-12 team to 11-5, and then went to the SB his second season.
There's a surplus of rope I'm willing to give McVay.
I agree with this 100%.
No coaching staff is perfect.
Every Steeler fan I know hates Tomlin half the time.
Probably rightfully so.
McVay is not a 60 year old HC with 20 years of game planning and play calling under his belt.
He took over a team with no future.
In his time so far he has a 66% regular season win percentage and has won two division titles and an NFC Title.
The one thing that dooms franchises to not sustaining success is bailing on head coaches at the first sign of adversity.
Still way more good than bad with McVay and way more upside.
Stay the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.