VENT Garbage Game Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Average number of wins/season under McVay = 10.5
Average number of wins/season over the previous 15 years = 5.9

Every loss sucks, but damn. Let's not lose sight of where we were.

As a Ram fan for 45 years, the above is just not good enough for me. Superbowls (or at least getting to championship games) is ALL the matters.

Last edited:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
three more years of Goff

then what ?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sorry brother.

This does nothing for me right now.

I am seeing long term problems if we don't make short term changes.
Yeah, I get it. Just trying to offer a little perspective. For YEARS we were sitting at anywhere from 3-6 wins at this point in the season and just looking forward to the draft in our perpetual state of apathy. I know we have some problems, but it ain't over it yet. If Goff is the primary issue, I don't see McVay just living with that going into next year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As a Ram fan for 45 years, the above is just not good enough for me. Superbowls (and getting to championship games) is ALL the matters.
lol. If that's all that mattered, how did you not kill yourself already?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i just don't understand why they can't throw a single ball downfield. so many times goff looked downfield and there was nothing. are there any receivers open? are they open and he can't see them? i would love to know.

no team can dink and dunk all game every game. especially when you're down to your plodding rb who isn't built to be an every down back.

the offense is broken.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Goff has to go.
1- The play that sealed it for me was the slide when we needed a first down. The defense has to feel that he should put his shoulder in and get the first down as they continue to play their asses off.
2- He doesn't throw the ball down the field and McVay shows no confidence in him nor should he
3- He cant move. When he is out of the pocket he looks awkward and can't make a creative play unless Higbee is right there wide open. The play he threw the interception was a complete joke and a play that should show everyone that he is not our QB of the future.
I wanted Wentz in the draft as I thought Goff was soft and he has now shown us that. Where does the sun rise lol. I would trade Goff for Wentz right now and let McVay try and improve him. At least he is a man who will fight to win.
I would take Dalton or Winston over Goff right now and even Fitzpatrick instead of this QB. What a waste of money at this point again.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I didn't see the game thank goodness, but starting to believe playcalling being soft and conservative is 100% on zero confidence or trust in Goff.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Want to know what’s changed since the super bowl
No running game threat (thanks online )
No deep threat (bye bye cooks )

Which now means all those little dig routes and cuts and stuff that woods and kupp lived on are all being sat on by the opposing backers .. they cover the roll outs that goff thirives on ... no real jet sweep threat anymore ... it’s bad personal all round ... saffold never got replaced (although I think edwards has done fairly well ) Blythe certainly is no starting Calibre guard nor is Corbett )

Goff has had some atrocious games ... but he is out QB for the foreseeable future.

At the end of the day ... I’ll take being a team where 9-7 is considered a bad year as opposed to hoping and praying we go 7-9
Totally agree about the 9-7 vs 7-9 thing. The rest of your post has one thing in common.........

McVay. Ultimately he is the one responsible.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is just scary bad at this point. It's impossible to evaluate McVays playcalling fairly with a QB playing this bad - it's like saying a RB sucks when there's no run blocking
The hypocrisy of this statement is just mind boggling.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Packers beat the Bears (and we clinch before the game) I would play Wolford next week. Prepare both of them this week and tell Goff the plan.

Dude needs a break - I would start Goff in the playoffs but I think he needs some time off

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Seahawks ranked dead last in pass defense. DEAD LAST. If the Patriots played this team their QB would have passed the ball 50 times.

The problem is the O-Line is average at best.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
You had me until you said trade for Wentz. He's also garbage. Maybe watch yourself some Eagles games

Rams77

Starter
Yeah Goff is a scared pussy sorry to say. At least take a couple of deep shots to loosen up the underneath coverage you piece of you know what. I think he attempted 1 pass longer than 15 yards all game. ONE.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think we should do whatever we can to get Sam Darnold. 4th round pick. QB competition next year also draft a rookie in the 6th round. Its the ONLY position besides center holding this team back

Darnold's going nowhere now that they've won 2 in a row. Jets are kinda stuck with him as he's better immediately than any rookie other than Lawrence.

I'm all for a QB competition, but it won't be Darnold.

Mariotta looked pretty good in relief for Las Vegas. I wonder if McVay would be interested in bringing him in.

Whatever happens, the QB situation isn't likely to be fixed until 2022 at the earliest so we have 1-2 more seasons of Goff even if he keeps shitting the bed.

I'm so at a loss, I don't even know how to process this level of poor play. The WR who was brought in to play QB a few weeks ago looked better than Goff today.

I, on this forum, said that Goff has the potential to be elite. And he does. He also, apparently, has a floor that's below sub-basement D and that shocks me.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The hypocrisy of this statement is just mind boggling.

Care to elaborate?

If the best playcaller in the NFL had the worst QB in the NFL, the offense wouldn't be successful. It's not quite that bad, but that's the point I'm making.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Scored 3 points in the first half last week

Scored 3 points in the second half this week.

The thing I like about McVay is when he sees a problem, action is taken to remedy the deficient play.

It will be an interesting offseason.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Goff has to go.
1- The play that sealed it for me was the slide when we needed a first down. The defense has to feel that he should put his shoulder in and get the first down as they continue to play their asses off.
2- He doesn't throw the ball down the field and McVay shows no confidence in him nor should he
3- He cant move. When he is out of the pocket he looks awkward and can't make a creative play unless Higbee is right there wide open. The play he threw the interception was a complete joke and a play that should show everyone that he is not our QB of the future.
I wanted Wentz in the draft as I thought Goff was soft and he has now shown us that. Where does the sun rise lol. I would trade Goff for Wentz right now and let McVay try and improve him. At least he is a man who will fight to win.
I would take Dalton or Winston over Goff right now and even Fitzpatrick instead of this QB. What a waste of money at this point again.

Sam Darnold trucked a Safety to get a 1st down... on a 1 win team playing for nothing, but pride.

Maybe he was afraid of fumbling it like he did a few games ago. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.