VENT Garbage Game Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Goff has to go.
1- The play that sealed it for me was the slide when we needed a first down. The defense has to feel that he should put his shoulder in and get the first down as they continue to play their asses off.
2- He doesn't throw the ball down the field and McVay shows no confidence in him nor should he
3- He cant move. When he is out of the pocket he looks awkward and can't make a creative play unless Higbee is right there wide open. The play he threw the interception was a complete joke and a play that should show everyone that he is not our QB of the future.
I wanted Wentz in the draft as I thought Goff was soft and he has now shown us that. Where does the sun rise lol. I would trade Goff for Wentz right now and let McVay try and improve him. At least he is a man who will fight to win.
I would take Dalton or Winston over Goff right now and even Fitzpatrick instead of this QB. What a waste of money at this point again.

I'd add Sam Darnold to the list...

MachS

Hall of Fame
20+ mill per year is too much for mediocre performance. There it is.

Its actually $29M this year and will be $35M next year.

Mediocre is all we need with this defense. He's not playing mediocre, hes playing like one of the worst QBs in the NFL.

The salary-to-performance ratio is probably the worst in the league.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I'm blown away that a person actually talked about McVay being on the hot seat. He's frustrating right now, but he hasn't had a single losing season. Look at where we were before we hired him. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I am not saying McVay is on the hot seat. I am saying that if he repeats next year with what we have seen for the past two it is worth taking a look at.

Some people have ceilings that are not quite high enough. He has been presented as some offensive genius yet he has been terribly consistent these past two years bringing us about average results in that department. If it wasn't for our defense we would be 7-9 or less.

Something has to change or we can all expect the same result. I truly hope McVay's offense has a different look next year. I and others expect more than this.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tel me the tough plays he has made? Can't sneak, can't create and goes down easily while usually fumbling. Can hardly remember a play where I have said great effort. Looks awkward out of pocket. I wish he was better trust me as I have been a fan since 67 and need more than 1 super bowl before my end.
Can’t sneak ... he went over the top what 2 weeks ago for. Td and picked up a 4th and 1 on another sneak same game ... do you even read what your typing

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Said many weeks ago this was an 8-8 team at best and that’s where we’re headed. Even if we manage to win and get in the playoffs, It’ll be one and done.

Big Goff fan but with that contract come expectations not excuses.
8-8 team yet here we are at 9-7 with a chance at 10-7 ...

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
All this. To think we are paying not one but two WRs $15,000,000 a season and still need a WR. Part of this mess is on Snead and I hate criticizing him because I like him as a talent evaluator. He doesn't seem to know how to build a team.

yeah and now we may lose our head of scouting. i guess for the optimist that could be a good thing.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Ohhhhh so ... give wentz a better run game and WRs and an oline ? Hahah dude why not give goff a better oline and run game ... at least he could stay on the field and produce.. unlike good old Carson hurtz
Goff has had that but he can't create. That is what the best QB's do. Even Wilsons long throw he created and had the option to run for 20 yards. My girlfriend was watching with me and said I'm sorry he is a pussy who looks scared.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ok watched the game late.
Without all of the flaming emotions.

This is Goffs worst year. (Forget jeff fisher season)
Hekker hasn't been nearly as good this season and really neither has McVay.

I read these reactions and honestly I'm not surprised but for fucks sake why do you all give our O-line a pass?
Are you afraid that if you admit the oline is BAD at pass protection, that might take attention away from Goffs declining play?
Those "pockets" are almost as disgusting as Goffs pick.

This whole offense outside a couple of recievers and tailbacks has been disappointing in numerous ways.

The Seahawks are a very good team.
I know you are all furious but this game was never a given and the game really didn't look like what a lot of the vent comments describe...

On to next week.
And yes, I think we will be much better next year.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don’t need to elaborate. It’s a ludicrous statement

Okay cool. Feel free to ignore me going forward. I do not "like" or "dislike" any players or coaches. The only thing I have against Goff is that I don't think he's a very good football player.

When the Rams are relying on a player and/or have paid a player who does not perform, that's when I want them to be replaced. I started to feel this way about Goff toward the end of 2018 and it's continued to get worse the last two years.

I have nothing against him - at all. I was happy when we drafted him. Thought he was on his way to being elite in the first 12 games of 2018.

I don't blindly defend players who aren't playing well. I always root for him and even saying what I'm saying now, I go into each week hoping I'm wrong.

Football is complex and it's always hard to judge a coach or QB because so much of it is the supporting cast. I happen to think the cast is good enough and the QB is not. I don't care that he's the QB - that holds no special connotation for me. For some people that seems to be the case.

It's clear were not going to agree and that you will continue to blame others instead of Goff, so it'd be best that you ignore me going forward - especially if your responses are just going to be incomprehensible snipes.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
NE always had a very, very good o line.
They chose to pay guys that played in the trenches, instead of highly paid skill positions.
They alway dominated in the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

That’s not true actually. They never really paid anyone. They traded Mankins. Matt Light was there LT for years they transitioned to Nate Solder. The most they did was franchise a player for a year.

There olines where not dominate. There is a huge misconception there. There offensive line was not dominant in 2018 when they beat us.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Can’t sneak ... he went over the top what 2 weeks ago for. Td and picked up a 4th and 1 on another sneak same game ... do you even read what your typing
I'm never confident when he has the ball in his hands. Yes he had the sneaks but looks awkward doing it vs Brees who is tiny but looks confident doing it. Tel me how good he looked today running around in the biggest game of the season. The slide was a complete joke and the roll out interception was beyond belief. He cpould have run for 7 yards and who was he throwing to? Much like the throw last week vs Jets where he had Woods open and threw way behind him.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff has had that but he can't create. That is what the best QB's do. Even Wilsons long throw he created and had the option to run for 20 yards. My girlfriend was watching with me and said I'm sorry he is a pussy who looks scared.
So when we were scoring 30ppg and the number one offense that wasn’t goff as well ... Wilson has being so that for years .. he has also had WRa that can gon deep and get the ball .. take away Lockett and he wouldn’t look as good half the time

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think it's time to draft someone that can put a little pressure on Goff and hopefully, we will see a major improvement of play...It's not always a bad thing, I would just like to see Goff doing some squats in the weight room under the supervision of Strength & Conditioning Coach Justin Lovett.

IMO, increasing your strength builds your confidence and if Goff can do that in the offseason IMO, that will benefit everyone. Also I have me eye on a QB I would like to draft.

1609121101133.png

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Tel me the tough plays he has made? Can't sneak, can't create and goes down easily while usually fumbling. Can hardly remember a play where I have said great effort. Looks awkward out of pocket. I wish he was better trust me as I have been a fan since 67 and need more than 1 super bowl before my end.
All of goff rushing touchdowns have came off sneaks...what the fuck are you even talking about? Just stop.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Giving McVay a complete pass here is extremely short sighted.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I totally get Goff is given some challenging situations.

He just does not show a skill set to rise to those situations. Quite the opposite from my seat.

I can't see why anyone isn't as disappointed in McVay as Goff.

McVay has chosen and put Goff in those situations.

Unless Akers or Kupp have huge games, this offense is dull and boring. And losing us games.

I think McVay painted himself into a corner.

He adjusted the offense to be more efficient, like Jordain tweeted. They shipped out Cooks, so the deep threat isn't there. Teams no longer have to defend every blade of grass. Quite the opposite. They only have to defend 20 yards worth of grass because the Rams don't throw deep. Almost ever. It's ALL horizontal at this point.

This creates a perfect storm.

1) WRs aren't getting separation because the D is sitting on the short routes.
2) WRs can't run longer routes b/c the OL is weak up the middle and D's are collapsing the pocket
3) Goff in this setup has to consistently throw into tight windows. With Goff performing as poorly as he has as a pro, this is the LAST thing he's capable of doing.

This cannot be fixed in a week. THIS IS A STRUCTURAL ISSUE.

McVay is going to have to a) bolster the interior OL, b) bring back the deeper routes with either a 50/50 WR or a burner and c) Goff needs to return to form or we need someone else.

If all of those don't happen, I'll be shocked if we have a winning season next season. It is hard to understate just how bad this is right now...and I don't just mean this game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Said many weeks ago this was an 8-8 team at best and that’s where we’re headed. Even if we manage to win and get in the playoffs, It’ll be one and done.

Big Goff fan but with that contract come expectations not excuses.

We're 9-6. It's literally impossible for us to go 8-8.

I am not saying McVay is on the hot seat. I am saying that if he repeats next year with what we have seen for the past two it is worth taking a look at.

Some people have ceilings that are not quite high enough. He has been presented as some offensive genius yet he has been terribly consistent these past two years bringing us about average results in that department. If it wasn't for our defense we would be 7-9 or less.

Something has to change or we can all expect the same result. I truly hope McVay's offense has a different look next year. I and others expect more than this.

McVay is the HC. He's the one who hired Staley. He gets credit for those successes.

Status
Not open for further replies.