VENT Garbage Game Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That goal line stand was painful to watch. I thought Goffs play wasn't as bad as the announcers were intimating. He made some key 3rd down conversions. He was basically the entire offence. The interception was bad, but shit happens. I understanding trying to make a play off schedule but Goff has got to be aware of the down and distance. But he showed good ability to throw the ball even with a broken thumb. The fumble by Webster was disappointing but somewhat expected. O-line play is seriously holding this offense back.

Defense did well against a tough offense. I think the Seahawks has a better defensive plan than we did though.

We have less of an offense to shut down. Focus on the run and sit on the short routes. What else is there?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Forget about the bears. If we can't get one single win out of our 3 remaining games we don't deserve to be in the playoffs or expect to get very far even if we do.

I agree but the Packers will have seeding to play for. Backhanded perk of the Seahawks winning is that GB can't lock up home field until next week.

Rams77

Starter
Anyone know Hendersons injury?
If we are minus Goff, Akers, Henderson, Whitworth we may not score on offense

fearsomefour

Legend
We were better without LaFleur in 2018. What we're missing is a monster run blocker like Saffold and a deep threat like Cooks.

Higbee is an above average to good blocker. He gets whooped from time to time, though. Everett is a bad blocker unless he's moving.
Agree about Higbee and Everett.
Everett wasn’t terrible in the FB role a couple of weeks ago.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The announcers have BEEN WAYYYY too critical of Goff all season. By chance or coincidence or conspiracy, whatever it is, they nitpick his every mistake and then don't say anything of the sort when the same thing happens to opposing QBs.

Doesn't that drive any of you crazy?
Do you even notice?

Its because they are lazy and like to get on an easy narrative and ride it like a horse until it gives out.

TexasRam

Legend
With the exception of the pick which was bad, Goff played a great game. Numberous 3rd down conversions under intense pressure which pin point accuracy.

We need Akers and Whitworth, Goff can't do everything and right now he has a weak online putting everything on him.

We usually run behind Whitworth at the goal line but Noteboom can't get that type of push and Higbee was like a high school kid blocking.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We were better without LaFleur in 2018. What we're missing is a monster run blocker like Saffold and a deep threat like Cooks.

Higbee is an above average to good blocker. He gets whooped from time to time, though. Everett is a bad blocker unless he's moving.

Agreed. But Higbees injury issues has taken something away from his effectiveness. He's still assignment sound though.

I see so much regression across this whole team. Some of it is on the players but I think in some cases we are seeing the difference between a good QB Coach and this one,, between a good STs coach and this one and between good offensive coordinating and this years....

I fully believe we don't practice well enough and it hurts us more and more as time goes on.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I leave you guys when I had to work when the Rams were up 3-0 and this happens...wtf? Can't you guys do anything right?

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
The announcers have BEEN WAYYYY too critical of Goff all season. By chance or coincidence or conspiracy, whatever it is, they nitpick his every mistake and then don't say anything of the sort when the same thing happens to opposing QBs.

Do you even notice?

Its because they are lazy and like to get on an easy narrative and ride it like a horse until it gives out.

To be fair to the announcers, they are watching tons of games and need to call the game based on quick and dirty information. Talking about o-line play isn't exciting and they don't know who those guys are. They need to find a narrative to anchor the game so they go with the most prevalent take.

Goff is taking heat in the media for turnovers while Wilson, who has just as many INTs on the year as Goff, is widely seen as being let down by the rest of his team.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame

Do you even notice?

The problem is that he makes the same mistakes almost every week. Which have led him to have the highest turnover numbers in the league.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I agree but the Packers will have seeding to play for. Backhanded perk of the Seahawks winning is that GB can't lock up home field until next week.

You're right, I misread the playoff machine.

Packers will have to play for the bye.

Which means even if we lose we're in as the 7th seed.

Why does that feel so bad?

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Wasted a championship season from the defense.

Color me pissed.

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
The problem is that he makes the same mistakes almost every week. Which have led him to have the highest turnover numbers in the league.

I disagree with that. We haven't seen a passing strip sack since Miami. Goff slid this week insteading of fighting for yards (the right decision IMO). Middle linebackers faking blitz and dropping into coverage hasn't been a big problem anymore either.

Teams are starting to learn our route trees on the designed rollouts and are covering them much better. These are much more risky throws than they once were.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
With the exception of the pick which was bad, Goff played a great game. Numberous 3rd down conversions under intense pressure which pin point accuracy.

We need Akers and Whitworth, Goff can't do everything and right now he has a weak online putting everything on him.

We usually run behind Whitworth at the goal line but Noteboom can't get that type of push and Higbee was like a high school kid blocking.

Great? I'm not one of those agenda posters, but man today was far from great.

He almost had another pick on that play to Tyler Higbee. The 3rd downs are nice but they don't score. Hell, even that Heinkie guy gave Washington a chance today.

The OL has pushed around other teams before, and won without Cam for most of the year.

Even in Ws he has turnovers. And its not like the defender always makes the play, its Jared with the decision. And why now in his 5th year? At this point, the coaches should be adding in new wrinkles to existing plays, adding new ones, etc. Instead they're having to do basic shit to avoid mistakes and he still makes them.

I like Jared, I think all the outside shit he gets is stupid AF without any evidence or merit to back it up, but goddamn he's frustrating this year.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME

Do you even notice?

I mean yeah I notice, but Goff is literally making the same dumb unforced errors every game. That INT today was not on the o-line or receivers. It was a dumb decision by a beaten/broken QB. Yes you are right, there are other problems that contribute to Goffs poor play. But if Goff had been playing at an MVP level early and regressed maybe he gets less flak. However, he has played like dodo since midway through the 2018 campaign.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Nailed it. Thats exactly what I saw.
I was actually pleasantly surprised when I watched his play... people made it sound like he was soo bad. His INT was. That was my only gripe with his play.

I honestly can't even take some people seriously. Are they living and dying with every throw and they just dont realize that in order for him to perform the way they want him to, there needs to be a pocket to throw from at the same time a reciever gets open? If that doesn't happen, any pocket QBs chances of doing something good are very slim.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Offseason wish list:

Cut Nsimba Webster. Find a returner
McVay brings in an actual OC and uses him like one
Find speed on the outside
Keep the D together

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
I would like to see this team play with some better o-line play. It's no coincidence that Akers has been hurt twice this year, Henderson is hurt, Whitworth is hurt, and now our QB is hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.