VENT Garbage Game Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm blown away that a person actually talked about McVay being on the hot seat. He's frustrating right now, but he hasn't had a single losing season. Look at where we were before we hired him. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
I tell you there’s probably about 28 teams that would take mcvay in a heart beat if we fired him

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Our primary problem is a system that relies on TE’s to block who cannot block and a subpar Oline. Not to mention Akers was out. Fox those things and you score 30 per game. It’s already been done 2x
Hmmmm, these are the same TE's on the roster when the team was scoring 30 a game so I don't get your point.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Ingest issue I have with Goff is pocket presence. After a while you see guys like the Brady’s, Manning’s and Rivers who aren’t mobile QBs learn to navigate when the pocket breaks down and make plays. In all honesty Goff still acts like a rookie or a shell shocked QB when the pocket breaks down. I mean...when he doesn’t let it rip after his first read he pretty much know he’s going down or just throwing it away. Really frustrating that he hasn’t grown in that part of his game.

This offense is definitely mind boggling though. Rare you see a HC and QB go from the penthouse to the outhouse this fast. I honestly think McVay needs to turn this offense over to a legit OC because at this point his play calling is stunting Goff’s growth. And I don’t want to hear about our OL and he doesn’t have time. I just watched a Monday night football game where a 3rd string QB made some big time deep passes against a Steelers team in one game than I’ve seen Goff do all year. As I recall I remember Goff hitting Woods on some deep bombs the last couple of years-where has that play gone?
I think Goffs play is stunting McVays play calling

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Rams had 20 1st downs to Seattle's 15
Rams had 334 total yards to Seattle's 292
Rams had the TOP 32:50 to 27:10
But the difference in the game, was when Seattle took that 2nd half kickoff and drove down the field for a TD. Wilson throws a 50/50 ball deep to Moore on 3rd and 8 and of course he converts. Wish we had a guy who could go up and get it like that. Then of course the Rams D seemingly has them stopped again, only to have Seattle get Hyde free on an RB screen for 14. Point isnt blaming the D, far from it as they were awesome for the most part
The Rams O doesnt make those plays. Jefferson has a ball slightly behind him across the middle and he drops it. Goff dumps off to Brown who isnt even looking at the ball
So while it's easy to blame the QB for not making the plays, but where's the fault of the players? Wilson wasnt good in the game, had several passes that were head scratchers.
Lastly, how do you go in to the game without having designed a play or 2 for Jones. Even if Henderson doesnt get hurt, you've got to give him the rock at some point, Seattle has no idea what he's got.

You bring about good points.

And yet we loss the game by much more than the stats.

Goes back to management.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Correct, but how many naked boots are to many. How many WR screens are to many. Against TB Goff threw out of the shot gun most of the game. Something he did in collage and he played well.

He never played that well...even in his final year losing to USC 28-14 and finally playimg in some 2nd rate bowl game.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Next game I want to see this as the first play.

Go play action and throw a deep ball.

I have seen maybe 2 deep passes the last 3 games. Defenses are sitting on our routes and playing 8 in the box. At least keep them honest.

For anyone begging for a deep threat, you don’t need it. New England went to 9 SBs with hardly any. Moss and Cooks over a 20 year span is all they had as a deep threat. You just need to beat what the defense is giving you. Throwing to routes 5 yards deep is not stressing any defense. Push the ball downfield that is what they are giving you.
NE always had a very, very good o line.
They chose to pay guys that played in the trenches, instead of highly paid skill positions.
They alway dominated in the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm blown away that a person actually talked about McVay being on the hot seat. He's frustrating right now, but he hasn't had a single losing season. Look at where we were before we hired him. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
I know.
It’s absurd and frankly stupid.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually think the Chargers have better personnel and a brighter future outlook than we do at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to lure McVay away by trade compensation in the off-season
Well those fuckwits already rent our stadium ... so they have have nothing of value short of Bosa plus every draft pick for eternity and every players first born male child for the next 50 years that would make that trade to be even considered

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

you mean a talking head? nobody cares what those idiots say.

except idiot fans that parrot everything they say.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He never played that well...even in his final year losing to USC 28-14 and finally playimg in some 2nd rate bowl game.
And yet even the winningest college QBs don’t make a 2nd contract ... college results aren’t everything

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Reddit is cracking me up right now lol

LA Champ would have loved the first one :LOL:

AD22F258-B0A8-423B-93EE-F2D2AEF41166.jpeg
6F5E5ABA-723A-48A8-8AC8-12061A927249.png
2CA9C213-F6F5-4D6F-BA02-C7F98CC88FCD.jpeg

Sorry, gotta laugh or I’ll cry

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually think the Chargers have better personnel and a brighter future outlook than we do at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to lure McVay away by trade compensation in the off-season

they can try whatever they want. they'll always be a shit franchise.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Tougher than goff .. how many games has goff missed due to injury ? How many has wentz missed ? I’ll wait
Yes Wentz has missed time and Goff hasn't. Most of the injuries were on plays Wentz was making. So yes, catch 22 when you get hurt making plays vs not making tough plays and staying on field. Give Wentz a better run game and OL along with better WRs and I will take my chances. Like I said Id take Dalton right now. Even Fitz makes throws and create out of pocket though not the long term answer.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
He also has that speed demon that can outrun anyone in hill and that watkins guy isn’t bad either .. I mean I love woods and kupp but a burner would sure be nice
I would be shocked. That kind of thing happens once in a lifetime.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Lol then don't dude. Saying goff soft is mind boggling. Guy is alot of things but soft isn't one of them.
Tel me the tough plays he has made? Can't sneak, can't create and goes down easily while usually fumbling. Can hardly remember a play where I have said great effort. Looks awkward out of pocket. I wish he was better trust me as I have been a fan since 67 and need more than 1 super bowl before my end.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes Wentz has missed time and Goff hasn't. Most of the injuries were on plays Wentz was making. So yes, catch 22 when you get hurt making plays vs not making tough plays and staying on field. Give Wentz a better run game and OL along with better WRs and I will take my chances. Like I said Id take Dalton right now. Even Fitz makes throws and create out of pocket though not the long term answer.
Ohhhhh so ... give wentz a better run game and WRs and an oline ? Hahah dude why not give goff a better oline and run game ... at least he could stay on the field and produce.. unlike good old Carson hurtz

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
lol. If that's all that mattered, how did you not kill yourself already?

being a ram fan i have been resurrected to many times to count. i must be some kind of masochist cause i just keep coming back for more

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
Said many weeks ago this was an 8-8 team at best and that’s where we’re headed. Even if we manage to win and get in the playoffs, It’ll be one and done.

Big Goff fan but with that contract come expectations not excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.